Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramzaheiral

ramzaheiral Void-Bound Voyager

ohhh thank you so much!! <3

• D.Grey

D.Grey Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Of course you can :)

Billy0815 likes this.
      • chiara

chiara Void-Bound Voyager

• Mukamii

Mukamii Seal Broken

• cheesyfroyo

cheesyfroyo Space Hobo

The path is loading successfully at the content patcher but the path does not change in game.. Help pls Thanks!!

• Mukamii

Mukamii Seal Broken

Have you placed them down? The actual icon in the bar doesn't change for me but once the path/floor is put actually on the ground it changes.

• LLGold

LLGold Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi there to all and any one! I'm not sure if this is a good place for this but I am so bad at all of this. I have spent hours editing portraits for my Stardew Valley game. I would like to edit sprites and the name of some of the npc's avenchaly too but I thought I would start with step one. So i have read all sorts of stuff and watch a bunch of videos about XNB node and what not but I must suck or something sins I can for the life of me figure out how get my art in the game. please!!!!!! can any one help me with this. all the art is png and ready to go.

• Mukamii

Mukamii Seal Broken

Here is the beginner's guide to XNB Node. Though honestly it seems a whole lot more complicated than what it has to be.
              I use xnbcli and while it's experimental, I find it's pretty simple to use. I had an issue with the commands at first not being able to run on the mac version but after I shorted it out all I have to do is drop the packed file in the packed folder and run the unpack command and it drops the contents in the unpacked folder and vice versa to pack them.

Essentially the premise is to unpack the original .xnb, replace the art with yours and then repack it.
              Then you're free to use it as a regular .xnb mod or even better, convert it to Content Patcher.

• Mukamii

Mukamii Seal Broken

@Moragaine
                For the basement mod with the bathroom, do you have any clue why I can't walk through these tiles? Is this fine on your end? I don't think it's any other mod because it still happens when I empty my mods folder of everything but Content Patcher and the mod. I've edited the map 100 times it feels like trying to figure out why I can't go through those tiles. Am I just dumb and missing something?

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

How odd.. Yes, it's fine on my end. Which version are you using, btw?

• Mukamii

Mukamii Seal Broken

I actually just fixed it I think, for some reason the first 2 times I cleared the front layer of tiles it didn't erase but this time I dropped the file in and things are fine. I think there were transparent tiles sitting on the front layer or something. After I went back into tiled like 3 times and cleared the front layer/building layer on those tiles it seemed to fix so. *shrugs*

It is the 1 bedroom version. Just for future reference. :)

• LLGold

LLGold Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks so much for your help now I just need to figure out how to edit names and sprites

• Moragaine

Thank you for the quick reply! I was not very familiar with tIDE when I did those, I should probably recheck all of them to make sure I didn't leave any other booboos hanging around..

Mukamii likes this.
                        • Mukamii

Mukamii Seal Broken

Sprites work similarly. Just editing the xnb for each character in the Characters folder.

I'm probably not much help for editing names though. I have no experience.

No problems. I know that on the 2 bed version there is a random small white tile in the kitchen kinda in the same place that those invisible one were. Pretty sure that's just a layering issue as well and probably pretty easily fixed. Other than that though I haven't run into any issues. :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
                          • Moragaine

Good to hear! Once I find all the odds and ends to fix I'll repost the .zips.

• tinkerbelljln

tinkerbelljln Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't know the limitations of Content Patcher, so this may be a dumb question to those who do, but can it somehow function similar to Custom Furniture? It's the only mod that I can't play without that still needs updating and it doesn't look like it's going to be updated, even though the modder is working on their other mods. So I was hoping maybe Content Patcher was able to replace it and that was why it hasn't been updated. Thank you in advance for reading this post <3

• irene21000

irene21000 Void-Bound Voyager

wow!!!Thank you so much!!:cathug:

flameofnight likes this.
                                • niggy

niggy Void-Bound Voyager

Hi friends! Has someone updated this one here *click*? I couldn't find it in this thread so I'm requesting it if no one has :)

• hatmouse

hatmouse Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey, sorry for the delay, but of course! The mod's all yours, and I think it's generally encouraged to convert in unofficial-update format and poke the original author to make it easier to update if they/you want :) Glad to be useful, if anything!

• Erik Barone

Erik Barone Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone. I was just wondering are these Narrative Mods working in 1.3 Beta. Thanks everyone

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.