1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Nudity Immunity 2

Sleep WITH your clothes on!

1. Sock_Bunny

Sock_Bunny Existential Complex

Sock_Bunny submitted a new mod:

Nudity Immunity - Sleep WITH your clothes on!

Read more about this mod...

2. Khioni

Khioni Pangalactic Porcupine

"Resting" effects still cause clothes/armor to vanish.
    upload_2018-6-30_13-0-54.png

3. Sock_Bunny

Resting? Is that a vanilla effect? It should make you keep your clothes even if it isn't. Are you using the no particles mod?

4. Khioni

Yes, Resting is a vanilla effect.

The glitch was tested with the Crystal Bed, other beds likely will do this same thing too as certain beds seem to have different variants of the effect that restore different amounts of HP.
    There's 6 total levels, all of which would need to be patched (if it would break MP servers, that fix could be moved to an add-on to allow MP support to stay the same.)

I don't use the No Particles mod.

What I believe the cause may be could be that Resting has a built-in "nude" effect that vanishes your clothes anyways, causing it to ignore nude immunity as instead of "Regen + Nude", it's just "Resting".

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  5. Sock_Bunny

Ohh, the different bed-buffs all use the same script (bed.lua). It's like:
    Bed1.statuseffect
    "healingAmount" : "1"
    Bed2.statuseffect
    "healingAmount" : "50"

and bed.lua is like:
    get "healingAmount" from whatever statuseffect the player has
    also, make them naked :D

I dunno why it won't work for you ;-; do you have any mods that change the bed buffs?

6. Khioni

None of my mods appear to change bed buffs.
    Spooky... Unless FrackinUniverse borked something somehow (doesn't seem like it. I don't see a modded bed.lua file in there), or it's in one of the pak'd mods (which doesn't seem likely as I don't have any mods that appear to effect bed scripts), an update broke it or I just don't seem to be finding what's glitching it...

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  7. Sock_Bunny

sorry ;-; I'll try to see why it won't work!

I'm pretty sure you did, but I'm gonna ask you anyway...
    Did you unzip the mod if it was zipped? And is it in the right mods folder?
    Like if you have Starbound.exe and StarboundFrackinUniverse.exe, and put the mod in the wrong folder?

8. Khioni

All mods are unzipped, and in the mods folder.
    Pak files haven't been unpacked.

Everything else seems to be working fine- things that use the "nude" effect no longer vanish clothes/armor.
    What's so strange is that while everything else that vanishes your armor/clothes is nullified, beds still seem to vanish it... Trying a rename trick to get it to load later, see if it's a case of another mod overriding it that shouldn't.

It worked: Renaming to start with Z- making it load last causes it to work.
    Might be a mod that shouldn't conflict with it conflicting anyways, or just load order shenanigans.

upload_2018-6-30_18-45-3.png
    There we go; now to find what was causing this cheeky glitch last time that only nude effect itself was nullified...

A tip: You could try making the metadata so that it has a priority set in a way that causes it to load later than other mods, causing it to always override bed.lua with the no-nude version unless the conflicting mod has a priority to load even later than this. This would prevent most accidental overwrites, making it far more unlikely that such a conflict will happen (though if their mod also needs to overwrite the bed.lua file for some reason, they'll have to either find a workaround or deal with the fact that it won't be compatible with this)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Sock_Bunny likes this.
  9. NightmareDL

NightmareDL Subatomic Cosmonaut

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020