WIP Milo's Portraits

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by miloneuman, Oct 13, 2017.

1. miloneuman

miloneuman Phantasmal Quasar

I'm all over the place with these, my apologies. I promise I'll finish Elliot at some point soon and stop just bouncing from character to character!

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 7.50.59 PM.png

Thanks for sticking around, everyone

Darkcedars likes this.
    • miloneuman

And here's some MORE Haley, while I'm at it.

HaleyWIP_v001.JPG

Drawing the first pose is never a huge struggle but then trying to recreate that design from multiple angles is always a struggle. Haley's features are so delicate (at least in my design) that any slight variation in proportions is instantly noticeable, but it's a fun challenge, and I'm certainly learning a lot in the process.

• miloneuman

And lo', Elliot is all done and ready to write poetry, stare pensively at the sea, and judge me every time I try to gift him perfectly good quartz. :wut:

ElliotWIP_v003.JPG

• miloneuman

HarveyWIP_v001.JPG

Oh hey, that makes 50 portraits done. Only uh... 200 hundred to go. 1/5 of the way there!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
          • Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Blushy Elliot gives me life. ;3;

• miloneuman

Haven't had a chance to get any portraits finished for the last couple days. but I did roll through and rough out some ideas for the rest of Haley's poses. Thought I'd share, in case people were interested in my process. You can see in these first passes I'm not super concerned with getting the likeness exactly right, I'm mostly just trying to get the pose and expression reading the way I want, before I go in and start tightening things up and putting them on model.

HaleyWIP.jpg

pencilstab likes this.
              • pencilstab

pencilstab Pangalactic Porcupine

Yooo I love this! It's looking fantastic so far, and her poses/expressions are so expressive!

miloneuman likes this.
                • miloneuman

Haven't had any time to get anything cleaned up for a few days now, but here, at least, I managed to tighten up some of the Haley roughs a bit:

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 5.19.02 PM.png

• digitaleevee

digitaleevee Void-Bound Voyager

i absolutely adore these portraits, the level of character in them is heartwarming!
                    one thing i'd like to say,
                    please be careful with drawing the goblin. i know that its staying true to the original design, and that its definitely not intended, but green skin and a large hooked nose is typically an antisemitic caricature. im jewish myself and i tend to be very sensitive when it comes to cartoon depictions of goblins and witches, because they can be (unknowingly) offensive to israeli and rromani jews.

on the same note, i choked on my orange juice when i saw the goblin sketch because its so damn funny

• WastedTimes

WastedTimes Void-Bound Voyager

I adore your portraits. I'm a big fan of 2D/traditional animation/90's disney renaissance style, needless to say that when i saw the way you took those characteristics of western animation,i was thrilled. Funnily enough, i entered the thread since i read ''Milo'' and Milo Thatch from Atlantis came into my mind lol, not too far i'd say, i'm glad i discovered your amazing work! i hope you eventually get to finish them, i really love your progress so far.

• leilacrystal

leilacrystal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

oh i LOVEE how expressive these are, they have SO MUCH personality~~ fantastic work!

• Mayaka

Mayaka Void-Bound Voyager

I probably can't give you enough praise for these. I looked at your other works from your instagram & tumblr account and I just want to let you know that you're doing such a wonderful thing to create these beautiful portraits. The poses and facial expressions you add to each of them is so much more full of life it's amazing to follow your WIP through these posts. I hope to see the released version one day and to be able to play with your great art! You're so talented! Thank you.

• LiteraryMouse

LiteraryMouse Title Not Found

Are there any plans to finish this eventually?

• miloneuman

Good to know, I'll have to rethink the goblin when I get to cleaning him up!

Most people refer to Milo and Otis, but Atlantis is a close second, followed by that guy with the crooked lip from Heroes. Thanks for the kind words!

Thaaaaanks!

I am positively blushing!

I have plans to do a lot of things. :wut: Hopefully I have time to get some more portraits done before the year is out, but we'll see. Spinning a lot of plates at the moment, but I definitely want to finish this mod up at some point.

hatmouse and HopeWasHere like this.
                              • infinitylancer

infinitylancer Master Chief

Just giving a bump so this AMAZING wip can get some more attention. It's the exact aesthetic I'd been dreaming of and I so can't wait for it to be done <33

captain kaltz+ likes this.
                                • Melch1or

Melch1or Void-Bound Voyager

I love this mod so much, heck I love it so
                                  much I’ll even offer to help you color the portraits!!

• miloneuman

Oh hi, I'm not working on this mod again on the dl, why the very suggestion, how dare you!

Screen_Shot_2019-10-11_at_3.42.44_PM.png

• miloneuman

Oh hey, I got some more for you.

Portrait_Penny_v001.jpg

• DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Whoa, these are gorgeous. You have a very distinct and unique style, they really feel alive and emotive drawn this way. I'm excited to see Maru in this style. I love the posing you give to each of their expressions too, it really helps them feel more dynamic.