1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinRaces 5.3

Enables racial abilities for all Vanilla races, and many modded ones too!

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

2. starbounderer

starbounderer Space Hobo

Hey i have a question, This mod requires frackin universe?

3. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Any differences between the tagged and un-tagged one?

4. Khioni

Khioni Pangalactic Porcupine

No, but Cosmic, Shadow and Radioactive resistances that a race may have will be useless as those damage type elements are added by Frackin' Universe.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. Creepooba0112

Creepooba0112 Void-Bound Voyager

Are there plans to add support of the Aegi race from The Elithian Races Mod? Or are they already supported?

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

8. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Bug report: The latest update broke the milk item. I noticed because my mooshi started producing PGIs. No other food items turn into PGIs, so it had to be a specific case.

After determining that the only recently updated mod I have that changes the milk was FR, I checked and then deleted the FrackinRaces-5.1.08\items\generic\shop\milk.consumable.patch file, after which everything worked out as it should.

TL;DR: milk.consumable.patch is broken because of something mistyped.

9. TheTraveller999

TheTraveller999 Void-Bound Voyager

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

13. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Milk is still turning into PGIs because of the buggy patch. Please fix this.

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

15. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I second having smol Avali, I'd like to try making one but I'm waiting on this to update.

Also @sayter, it strikes me as odd that Novakid can't eat robot food, and that Trink can't eat non-robot food. Both characters seem to be described as being able to digest ANYTHING, wouldn't it make sense to add a "Universal Energy Intake" diet catagory for the occasional species that just doesn't care (ie. has a Fusion reaction based tummy or tummy equivalent)?

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Don't really care what the lore says for the dietary thing. This is how I chose to balance them, given their powers. If I nerf, everyone cries. So, they can stay as-is :)

If someone wants support for smol avali, they can go ahead and do a pull request. Would be a copy/paste of avali stats anyhow.

17. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

I second a true omnivore category, but there is a bit of a problem in how that would work. Basically the only way it''ll be possible for biological species is for them to have industrial strength stomach acids, for mechanical races some sort of grinder and incinerator/reactor combo stomach would be needed.

If you think about how stars work, they cannot fuse elements higher than iron and it actually costs energy to try and fuse those elements instead of making energy. The only way to make elements higher than iron is during a supernova, but that means the star has basically died. Since the vast majority of robot food in-game seems like it is made of iron it would make sense that it would be detrimental to the novakid's health if they were to ingest it and since iron is attracted to magnetic fields any iron bits the novakid tries to nom would stick to their brand and weaken the overall strength of their magnetic membrane, causing their gasses to leak out and thus a slowly dying or "poisoned" novakid.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

...or I could leave it exactly as is, since its fine :) If you want a nearly universal diet, play a Radien :)

19. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@sayter One other thing, I can confirm milk being broken, looks like when the cookedfood property was removed from it the formatting got screwed up. Here's a log if it helps. There seems to be a lot of other stuff in here too, not sure if it's related.

https://pastebin.com/YKV8DD76

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

the cookedfood property *isnt* removed though.

this is all the patch in FR does for it

Code:
    [
      {
        "op": "add",
        "path": "/effects",
        "value": []
      },
      {
        "op": "replace",
        "path": "/description",
        "value": "Mmm, milk."
      }
    ]

pretty sure this isn't an FR issue.

It likely comes from the now completely uneeded

[19:36:55.682] [Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'ImpFoodDescFUCompat'

this is also no longer needed, as FrackinInterface does it now:

[19:36:55.683] [Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'StarTechFU' at '..\mods\StarTechFU'