RELEASED 6/9/18 FULLY COMPLETED Pencilstab's Portraits (Character sprite edits available!)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by pencilstab, Mar 24, 2016.

?

Who's next?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2016.
  1. Harvey

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Leah

19 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. Sam

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Alex

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. Haley

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  6. Maru

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. Sebastian

8 vote(s)
    10.8%
  8. Penny

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. elebuu

elebuu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These are amazing! Shane looks so sweet. ;;

The 'Luigi' Harvey actually reminds me a little of Jenomis cen Lexentale from FFXIV!

pencilstab likes this.
    • Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

For those not using content packs (I'm not using smapi at all), will you release the xnb files?

• pencilstab

pencilstab Pangalactic Porcupine

Yup! I will offer both the content pack and the .zip of the xnb files! :)

Declension likes this.
        • pencilstab

I finished all of the villagers that were never done in the first round of this mod; this being said, this mod is now technically complete (just being revamped). Enjoy!

Some of my favs from this batch:
          [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

Hammurabi, Kuriiyo, elebuu and 2 others like this.
          • Shellark

Shellark Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These are gorgeous and I love them!! I especially love your portraits of Sandy and Emily. <3<3<3

pencilstab likes this.
            • elebuu

Awwww you did one of grandpa! ; v;

Out of dopey curiosity did you do one for the Wizard and the parent characters? :0 Everyone looks so good in your art style, I'm excited to see anything else you might do!! <3

pencilstab likes this.
              • pencilstab

[​IMG][​IMG]
                Redid Emily and Haley because they looked weird; I will likely offer the older ones as alternatives in the content pack.

Ah thank you so much! Yes, I plan on revamping the rest of the villagers (again) just because of how outdated they are in terms of my current style :') The exceptions to being redrawn are Maru, Lewis, Gunther, and maybe Gus and Pierre. Other than that, they'll probably be redone.

I'm working on redrawing Caroline, now!

Hammurabi, elebuu and Shellark like this.
                • shamemaker

shamemaker Guest

I'm glad you came back and did these revamps, they're amazing! Is there any chance you can make a high res version of these portraits for the Portraiture mod?

• pencilstab

Haha, well with the multiplayer being released and several of my friends replaying the game, how could I not? :) Thank you!

Also, I considered doing hi-res as it would be so much easier for me to work on a larger scale, but after consideration I decided not to because I didn't feel it fit the game's style. This being said, I don't think I will do high res because the portraits were drawn in the original 64x64 dimensions and aren't sized down at all, so they don't have a larger version... which means I'd have to redraw them all again :')

• pencilstab

EDIT:: Download link available in first post now :)

Okay all! I've completely finished; I can't upload the ZIP here because it's app too big, so I'll provide a link to Nexus mods when I finish creating the preview of the villagers!

Here's the finished versions of the LIs- I brightened a few because, while playing the game, I noticed that the updates looked kinda sad and dull compared to the first version of this mod :)

Bachelorettes:
                      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Bachelors:
                      [​IMG][​IMG](alt)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Villagers:
                      [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
                        Hammurabi, Shellark and elebuu like this.
                      • elebuu

Oh wow! Yet another Harvey rendition, and as awesome as all the others, to boot. :D I still love how sweet you made Shane look bwaha awww.

pencilstab likes this.
                        • Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Oh no now I have to choose between two Elliots?! Why do you do this to me?! xD <3 <3 <3

Also-- will you make a Mr Qi that's updated for 1.3? And I'm not 100% sure if Pam and Penny got an extra portrait or not.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
                          • pencilstab

I will; I wasn't aware that their's were updated! I am still playing on 1.2 because of my other mods, but once the official patch rolls out I will :')

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

I'm 90% sure Mr Qi is the only one who has an additional portrait, but I'm not too sure lol.

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

Small note with the Content Pack: for the entries for "Characters/Penny", it should be "Action": "EditData", since you're applying it only to specific areas. Otherwise, it throws the following error:

16:14:08 WARN ContentPatcher Ignored Pencilstab Portraits & Sheetcakeghost Characters for Content Patcher > entry #52 (Load Characters/Penny): Target 'Characters/Penny' conflicts with other load patches ('Pencilstab Portraits & Sheetcakeghost Characters for Content Patcher > entry #51 (Load Characters/Penny)' already loads Characters\Penny). Each file can only be loaded by one patch, unless their conditions can never overlap.
                                16:14:08 WARN ContentPatcher Ignored Pencilstab Portraits & Sheetcakeghost Characters for Content Patcher > entry #53 (Load Characters/Penny): Target 'Characters/Penny' conflicts with other load patches ('Pencilstab Portraits & Sheetcakeghost Characters for Content Patcher > entry #51 (Load Characters/Penny)' already loads Characters\Penny). Each file can only be loaded by one patch, unless their conditions can never overlap.
                                16:14:08 WARN ContentPatcher Ignored Pencilstab Portraits & Sheetcakeghost Characters for Content Patcher > Load Characters/Sebastian: FromFile 'assets\Characters\Sebastian.png' matches a file which doesn't exist.
                                ...which on that note, there is no sprite for Seb in the Content Pack under characters.

pencilstab likes this.
                                • Rebochan

Rebochan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Me: Man, I'm not sure what game to play tonight. Oh, hey, I should check in on the Stardew Valley boards and...

*favorite dead mod ever comes back from dead with complete content pack*

O_O

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Guess I'm playing Stardew Valley tonight, baybee!

Thank you thank you thank you SO much, I'm so glad to see you doing this for us, I literally cannot imagine the characters not looking like your interpretations anymore and you showered us with this love <3

Hammurabi and pencilstab like this.
                                  • pencilstab

Honestly you made my night!!
                                    You're so welcome, I'm super happy to know that people still wanted to see this mod finished, as I know the hype for SDV isn't what it once was :')!

Hammurabi likes this.
                                    • pencilstab

[​IMG]

Ended up redoing Emily's portraits AGAIN, but this time I think I finally nailed it.

Hammurabi, elebuu and Shellark like this.
                                      • Rebochan

Rebochan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, I caught a small bug in the Harvey variants! The beard.png Harvey in the updated Harvey folder has his mustache in one of the frames - just the frame with the stethoscope.

I fixed it locally on my version, since that is actually my preferred Harvey =D But if you're still updating, I thought I'd let you know :)

pencilstab likes this.
                                        • andr_omeda

andr_omeda Void-Bound Voyager

holy crap i dont play stardew valley for a few months and i come to show my friends portraits we can use and all these updates hit me at once
                                          im shook to the core

but i love it

pencilstab likes this.