1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Who plays on the Vita? I have some questions

Discussion in 'Support' started by Starbear365, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Starbear365

Starbear365 Void-Bound Voyager

So more and more I am looking at purchasing stardew valley for the ps vita but I want to know what the game play is like. Can you still do the same thing in the other version on ps4 and pc? The only thing I saw is you cant do multiplayer on the vita. Is the game still endless essentially,can you still get married,have a child,go to the mines etc if you have it on Vita?

• ls_arseid

ls_arseid Void-Bound Voyager

The vita version is the same as the pc version for the most part. The vita version includes all of the content up to the 1.2 pc patch. It does not include the single player content (new scenes, new collection, new winter festival) added with 1.3 on pc. So yes, you can do everything you do on the pc (marriage, having kids, mining, etc.)

• Starbear365

With their be a patch out that will allow the winter festival,new scenes,new collection?

Also you can only download this game correct?

• bluebook

bluebook Intergalactic Tourist

I'm afraid that there won't ever be a new singleplayer content patch.

Also, yes as of yet you can only download this game on the vita.

• Starbear365

So what exactly will I be missing out then with the vita, I know you said the above in a previous comment but what does that entail exactly? And shouldn't there be patches coming anyways since it just came out for the vita last month.

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

Here's a copy pasta of the list of added thing between 1.2.33 and 1.3.x from the Wiki :

But beyond that, do NOT pick it to play on Vita.
              We're up to TWO patch since launch and it's STILL a random crash fest

• Starbear365

Thanks. I'll still be picking it to play on the vita though. Reasons are above in another post

• mentos046

mentos046 Void-Bound Voyager

Seriously? Is this explicitly confirmed by the developer and/or porting team? What's in the game now is all that's ever going to be there?

• alexaxa

alexaxa Space Spelunker

• Starbear365

Hopes up for what? That they won't add things to the game for vita like people add mods to pc?