It's All Over But the Scavenging of Typewriters and Glue - The Fallout Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jonesy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Wut? "Entirely online with no human NPCs"?

2. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

Aka just DayZ or Rust remade with a fallout skin thats a hell no from me any day everyday.

[​IMG]

STCW262 likes this.
  3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

BLAH. So much for that supposed leaker that says that was supposedly NOT the case.

EDIT: Just curious did the audience boo that, or did they like half-heartedly clap like "I suppose I should at least sound like I'm enthusiastic"?

4. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

"a bad storyline"?

How about no storyline at all because if you remove all the NPCs there's no way to deliver a story.

Yanno, kinda like Bore-Z?

"Here's you. Here's the other people playing online with you. Here's an empty world with a bunch of zombies. Have fun."

STCW262 likes this.
  6. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

A bad one because all that would be there to deliver a story would be items, such as notes; which would both mean that the "story" is always in the past, without events happening in the present, and because that limits how it's told. You can get, say, the story of how an abandoned settlement died out, but you won't get to see it (Or cause it) to happen to a populated settlement.

7. General Nuclear

8. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

9. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

lol @General Nuclear 's pic hehe. That's just awesome, and straight to the point.

10. The Cynical Space Traveler

The Cynical Space Traveler Void-Bound Voyager

I personally just don't really understand how there could really be a big story going to and from multiple settlements when you consider the time frame for when the game is set. The vault you're in was one of the first to open after the bombs fell (25 years after The Great War), so it's not like there's a real opportunity for society to rebuild by that time.
    I'm still excited for it because I rarely play game for a story, more for the environment/map and gameplay. I'm also rather interested in the roleplay servers that will inevitably come out of the private lobbies when those eventually come out.

11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I think that's kinda-sorta the whole point they are going for -- first vault to open, and you are the first into the wasteland to find places to build your settlements.

Good idea on paper, but I doubt it will remain fun for long because of the lack of dialogue, story, etc. Now if they had made it that you build a settlement and NPCs move in and they have quests/stories/etc now that might have been a bit different maybe?

But the way the game sounds now, it's another ye olde multiplayer online survival.

That, and yanno, they COULD have done this as a singleplayer game too...

12. General Nuclear

[​IMG]

sort of

New fallout contents without bethesda made by the fans (not as a jab against bethesda but are probably gonna be used as one by the fans anyway unfortunately which might resort to trouble)

Good news form the modding community of new vegas.
    A very promising massive mega dlc mod that have been work on for years are almost out now, That are based around the original story, new vegas and 3's story and all of its major factions including the brotherhood of steel are in it.

Fallout: The Frontier

Current release date is October of this year,

'The Frontier is an open world of 16 by 16 km in the northwestern part of U.S.A. This city lies frozen in time, with the NCR and the Legion locked in a bloody struggle for its secret.

Fight against the elements, and everyone! The Frontier poses new gameplay challenges with Chill Factor, and highly dangerous enemies.

The Frontier brings you with completely new and meticulously created FX that fit the new winter themed worldspace. All of our FX are high quality low fps impact, with incredibly advanced techniques never before seen outside the vanilla game, or at all!
    Our custom made weather system was carefully crafted to fit with the aesthetic of our worldspace, and there are a huge number of variables to the weather, so wrap up warm!'.

As we know the Enclave and caesar's legion where never fully defeated. There where still thousands of soldiers left who. After all it was a true legion of Eighty-six tribes united. (and a legion is about 5000 to 8000 soldiers for those that didn't know) which is most definitely a large treat still.

and the enclaves where spread widely over the united states before we took out their main leaders and head counters even in 3 they mention that there where still many out posts left but no leadership anymore.

Now on to the Bad news fallout new vegas is still unplayable and durpy on my computers and i have tired everything to fix it so i won't be able to try it out.

HOWARDBERG!.png

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Eh? FO:NV won't run on your computer very well...?

14. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

It would likely be more fun if it was a mix of a city building game, RPG, and RTS. It still would struggle to have much of a history, but at least it would be more unique than a survival MMO.

15. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Rimworld is probly my favorite fallout-ish, non-fallout game at the moment. It is really everything i would look for in a city builder/rpg/fallout game. I'd like to see Bethesda tackle a rimworld-like fallout game. With their resources, they could really make it insane.

STCW262 and General Nuclear like this.
  16. General Nuclear

you know there is a fallout mod to rimworld that adds all the items, weapons and mutants etc into rimworld.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725471844

And there is a mod that completely overhauls the combat system to make it more realistically so your dependent on ammo, also hunting and fighting have been change a lot you should check out that works surprisingly.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=960196012

and one that adds water need

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1284196239

I can hardly wait for the last big mega update to rimworld comes.
    Just hope he fixes the radio so we won't get mission requests until after we have actually buildt the damn radio in the first place, Because there are no reasons to go on a mission until after you have a stable community and tribes should use messengers instead where the heck did they get the electricity to a comms console or a comms console in the first place if they are a no tech society.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Roskii Heiral likes this.
  17. General Nuclear

18. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

LOL! That's golden. It's also a slam-dunk case, pretty much, that source code was indeed stolen.

19. General Nuclear

[​IMG]

I may not want to play fallout 76.
    But good god i want that pipboy!

[​IMG]

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ksig/?pfm=HP_TopCMD_ksig

*looks up price* $149.99! Holly molly!
    *reads a bit more about it*
    'No electronic functionality' damn it!
    'Actual size - great for cosplay' cool!.. i mean if wanted that... which i DON'T! ..i mean it looks cool ..But i have use for it!
    'Over 150 parts you put together like a true Wastelander' ...That... that is actually kinda cool. i could actually build it out of metal that way by copying the parts.
    'Spring-loaded buttons are designed to press, the knobs turn, the radio dial works, and the holotape player opens to eject the holotape' nice i could actually connect some wires and circuits.
    'A model based on the Pip-Boy Model 2000' MUST.. NOT.. THROW.. AWAY.. A LOT OF MONEY.. ON A USELESS PIECE OF PLASTIC!

...I wonder how big the smallest geiger counters i can probably put into that thing is so i can maybe turn into the real deal.
    *looks it up*

Wow!
    but how much dos it cost
    *looks it up*
    $260.00! GOOD GOD!

*urge to throw 409,99 bucks at a useless plastic piece and a geiger counter and some other parts intensifies*

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Roskii Heiral likes this.
  20. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

i would love to have a wrist mounted computer, doesn't have to be 100% pipboy.