Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DrakeIceheart Feel free to play. It won't cause any problems, you just won't be able to use the commands it adds to the SMAPI console.

DrakeIceheart and putaytoe like this.
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.6 beta 17 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3 beta only.)

Release notes:
      • For players:
        • Added update checks for optional files on Nexus.
        • Fixed SEHException errors and performance issues in some cases.
        • Fixed error when a mod has no manifest.
        • Fixed error when patches are applied before SMAPI checks for minimum compatibility.
        • Fixed world_setseason command not normalising the season value.
        • Fixed player_add name not using exact match if there are also fuzzy matches.
        • Fixed ConsoleCommands error in Stardew Valley 1.3.20.
        • Updated compatibility list.
      • Web UI:
        • Added option to download from Nexus.
        • Pufferchick is now HD.
        • Improved layout on small screens.
      • For modders:
        • Added absolute pixels to ICursorPosition.
        • Added another prototype SMAPI 3.0 event (helper.Events.World.DebrisListChanged).
        • Update checks now use the update key order when deciding which to link to.
        • Fixed SemanticVersion allowing invalid versions in some cases.
        • Fixed input events' e.Cursor showing wrong tile if the player moves without moving the on-screen cursor.
      • For SMAPI developers:
        • Added metadata dump option in StardewModdingAPI.config.json for troubleshooting some cases.
        • Rewrote update checks to move most logic into the API, support optional mod versions, and support future lookups by mod ID.

HopeWasHere and hatmouse like this.
      • forevergent777

forevergent777 Aquatic Astronaut

So as it turns out, it's not SMAPI. For some reason, even when I play it fresh without SMAPI, I cannot play the Pelican Town music when I enter town. Heck, I think something's wrong with the whole music because for some reason, when I entered the beach (again, without SMAPI) when Pelican Town isn't playing any music, it ends up playing the one of the season's theme music.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• forevergent777

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• forevergent777

• LittleKittenLuna

LittleKittenLuna Void-Bound Voyager

Did anyone ever find a solution to the Longevity mod drastically slowing down the game until it basically freezes? I also noticed that not everyone is having this problem just some people (My friend and I have basically all the same mods and her Longevity mod works fine)

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

I would contact the developer of Longevity, their mod is closed-source, so we can't see the actual code.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
              LittleKittenLuna likes this.
            • putaytoe

putaytoe Void-Bound Voyager

So, I can play through a whole day, everything goes fine, and then I try to go home for the night, and when I exit the forest, backwoods, or bus stop to enter the farm map, my game force closes. Tried removing a bunch of mods, still happens. Here's my log: https://log.smapi.io/hR0QdNMp orz

thanks for your hard work on SMAPI guys.

• cap'n kingfisher

cap'n kingfisher Orbital Explorer

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

You need to hit any key when that menu pops up, then upload the log after the game crashes. The log you posted, only has the message about a previous crash.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• putaytoe

putaytoe Void-Bound Voyager

Welp, that fixed it, it doesn't happen anymore. Well, I guess now I gotta figure out which mod's doing it & contact the author. Sorry bout that, thanks for your help again!

EDIT: found the culprit, it was CustomCritters (it could also be the critters themselves I suppose, I have only the fireflies available on nexus installed). Whatever the unofficial fix was that was out is no longer working (at least not for me, anyway), just in case anyone else was having this problem :/

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
                  • AutumnSapphira

AutumnSapphira Space Hobo

Hello!
                    New to modding SDV and I was trying to install SMAPI and can't copy the text from the installer so I can copy it into the Launch Options in Steam. For whatever reason (and I'm not computer savvy enough to figure out why), I cannot highlight any text in the installer box.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, in advance!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @AutumnSapphira. It depends on which version of Windows you have, but here's the most reliable way to do it:
                      1. right-click on the window title bar:
                        upload_2018-6-23_12-46-0.png

2. choose Mark or Edit > Mark:
                        upload_2018-6-23_12-46-34.png

3. left-click & hold where you want to start, drag to select text, and release the button:
                        upload_2018-6-23_12-47-49.png

4. press Enter to copy it. If that worked correctly, it will deselect the text.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Quick update: the Linux build VM was lost in a reformat, so beta 18 will be delayed for a couple of days while I rebuild that from scratch.

• abysbl

abysbl Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I hope this isn't too repetitive(I got here from a Github issue where someone had the same problem, looked back through the last 10-15 pages and didn't see anything on it)-- my sound isn't working on my game? The sound works fine when I run Stardew Valley.exe, so I thought at first it was a problem with UI Suite or Teh's Fishing Overhaul because they both add custom sound files but even after removing both mods I had no sound. I've ended up just reinstalling my entire game and I still have no sound when running SDV from StardewModdingAPI wwww

I'm running SMAPI 2.6-beta.17 with Stardew Valley 1.3.21, thank you so much in advance!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• abysbl

abysbl Void-Bound Voyager

Thread Status:
                          Not open for further replies.