[WebApp] Stardew Checkup -- Achievement & Completion Progress

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MouseyPounds, Mar 10, 2018.

1. MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks. It's a bug in the app. I had assumed all the confirmation messages were the same, but the one for secret note 21 is not capitalized like the others. I'll get a fix up sometime later tonight.

isabellapu likes this.
    • Misti

Misti Space Hobo

How much time does it take ? My file is still waiting for being checked after 30 minutes. Is it supposed to take that long ?

• MouseyPounds

It should be pretty much immediate. Make sure javascript is enabled in your browser.

• Misti

Misti Space Hobo

Thank you !

• storm1850

storm1850 Seal Broken

I'd like to see the progress of one of the farmhands. Is this supported? The farmhands don't have their own save file, correct?

• MouseyPounds

Farmhands are all stored in the host's save file and they are not yet supported. Is there anything in particular you wanted to check for them?

EDIT: I don't have anyone to play multiplayer with, but I'm guessing I'm going to get more requests for MP save support. If anyone has any mid-game or late-game multiplayer saves they don't mind sharing for testing, please upload them. I'm also interested in which things are shared vs individualized in a multiplayer game, although that might be a broad enough discussion for its own topic.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
                Faeryheart likes this.
              • storm1850

storm1850 Seal Broken

I'd particularly like to check progress of creating all crafted items and cooking (and unkown recipes).
                Honestly though, your report is so cool that I want to see it all! Lol.

My current mid-late game (the host's file) (summer y3) is attached.

Unrelated - can a farmhand get the achievement for donating to the museum? I assume without multiplayer experience you wouldn' t know, but I thought I'd ask anyway. It won't let me donate anything Sarah has, but the achievement is still incomplete.

Attached Files:

• MouseyPounds

Here's a quick run of farmhand Ezra's Cooking & Crafting. (Ignore the fact that it says Sarah). I'll try work on getting farmhand data included in the summary; one of the biggest hurdles is how the layout will have to change for that.

MPCheckup.png

• MouseyPounds

So thanks to saves from @storm1850 and @Faeryheart plus one I snatched from the old beta mega-topic, progress is being made on multiplayer support and a new version should be ready by the end of the week. The report will basically just show a column for each player. I've tried to shorten the output where I could to help it all fit better. Even so, you'll want a pretty wide window for a 4-player game (and good luck to those people who run the checkup on modded saves with even more.) Here are a couple of preview screens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Currently I'm splitting everything by player except for the Community Center / Joja summary. Even though things like the money pool and museum donations are supposed to be shared, being able to see differences in how they are recorded in the save might be useful.

If anyone has any insight into how Grandpa's evaluation works in multiplayer and whether all players can dig up the special items from the secret notes, I'd appreciate that information. EDIT: A multiplayer save that has both filled and empty cabins would also be useful.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
                      Faeryheart likes this.
                    • Faeryheart

Faeryheart Weight of the Sky

So far my farmhand and me found all items from secret notes (a treasure chest and a pearl for each). However I noticed that the checkup said that I found the reward for secret note #14, even before reading it. I assume that's because my farmhand found the secret note and stone junimo first? I'm still able to get a second statue though.
                      Also, great work updating it! :)

• MouseyPounds

Thanks for the information. The Stone Junimo is a real troublemaker; it doesn't have any actual confirmation marker in the save so I have to fake it by searching for any instance of the statue that isn't buried in the secret spot and marking it found (for everybody) if I find one.

• storm1850

storm1850 Seal Broken

Instead of showing all of it on one screen, you could also do a simple tabbed layout.

Are you using any frameworks besides jquery? Bootstrap is pretty easy to pull in and it's very html5 friendly, so you can get away without any heavier client-side frameworks (although I'd still recommend using either angular or react, using raw jquery is harder than it needs to be).

• MouseyPounds

While a tabbed layout works great for the predictor app, I don't really like it for this one; it is something I'll keep in mind though since I'm not 100% happy with how it looks with 3 or 4 players. I expect I'll get more feedback on this once it goes live and people try it themselves.

Jquery is the only framework I'm using, primarily to handle all the searching & extracting of XML data from the save file. It does the job I need and I'm hesitant to switch without necessity.

EDIT: New version is released.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
                            • Scubysnax

Scubysnax Seal Broken

Thank you for this OP and Creator, it's a great tool and very informative, also easy to use!

margotbean likes this.
                              • storm1850

storm1850 Seal Broken

Been using it for our save and working great so far! I am now able to easily see what I haven't crafted or cooked at a glance. Thanks for the excellent work!

MouseyPounds likes this.
                                • Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

This app is great!
                                  Quick question... what is Pam's 9 heart event? It does not appear in the wiki...

• MouseyPounds

It's new in 1.3. Details below.
                                    A week Four days after you get Robin to build a house for Pam, it will trigger if you visit the house at 9+ hearts. She talks about praying to Yoba and trying to find happiness.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
                                    • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

I can't find those triggers. When I look in the save file, the countdown says "3", not "7". And, the event file only lists the precondition of
                                      visiting Robin and purchasing the community upgrade, not 9 hearts with Pam.

Can you point me to the correct triggers, Mousey? I'm ever so tired of trying to test this in-game... (thanks!)

• MouseyPounds

It looks like I got the delay timer wrong (should be 4 days), although this topic also involves several interrelated events which can cause additional confusion. I have a long-winded explanation that I'm gonna wrap in a spoiler:

In order to have Robin build the house, you need full house upgrade & CC/Joja completion (controlled by StardewValley.GameLocation.carpenters()). Robin will take 3 days to build it, and when she is done the item "pamHouseUpgrade" will be added to the host's mailReceived.

When you enter town afterwards event ID 611173 will trigger. This event is defined in Data\Events\Town and has 2 entries with the same ID -- both require the 'pamHouseUpgrade' mail item and the first version also needs the player to not be married to Penny. During this event, the player tells Robin whether or not they want to stay anonymous, which changes the event dialogue and also sets an ActiveDialogueEvent of 'pamHouseUpgrade' or 'pamHouseUpgradeAnonymous'. This is done through the 'addConversationTopic' event command. Looking at StardewValley.Event.checkForNextCommand, it seems the default for this is actually only 4 days rather than the week I claimed in my earlier post. I may have gotten it confused with the 7-day ActiveDialogueEvent caused by the 'dump girls'/'dump guys' command.

The previous poster wanted to know about Pam's 9-heart event, which is a different thing. That is event ID 503180 which is defined in Data\Events\Trailer_big with the following trigger: '503180/f Pam 2250/A pamHouseUpgrade/A pamHouseUpgradeAnonymous/Hn pamHouseUpgrade'. These requirements are 9-hearts with Pam, the absence of the two ActiveDialogueEvents discussed above, and the presence of the 'pamHouseUpgrade' mail item for the host. So a good non-technical explanation of the event trigger might be "having 9+ hearts with Pam and visiting her new home at least 4 days after the construction completion cutscene."

margotbean likes this.
                                        • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex