1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Stuck in fishing minigame at Stardew Valley Fair

Discussion in 'Support' started by natelovesyou, Mar 10, 2016.

1. -Stephan-

-Stephan- Poptop Tamer

Same by me, using the PC Beta. Restart won't really help, it freezes again after I tried it next time.

• justinwaters

justinwaters Void-Bound Voyager

I've found a temporary solution to your problems!

If you are using SMAPI you can type world_downminelevel and it will warp you to the mines and it fixes the issue. There are probably other debug commands that can fix the problem...but that is the one I use.

HannaTheHippocrite and kamisamu like this.
      • Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

Also experienced this on the beta. Twice. Entered the game, tried to cast my fishing pole, immediate freeze. Time ran out and nothing happened. Still frozen. Restarted the game. Same thing. Had to earn my tokens through the slingshot game.

• Dave LeDev

Dave LeDev Space Hobo

Bug persists in latest beta build.

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

For the devs - a fix:
            Just add at the start of FishingGame.tick:
            Code:
                if (!Game1.IsMultiplayer)
                {
                    this.location.UpdateWhenCurrentLocation(time);
                    this.location.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(time, false);
                    Game1.player.Update(time, this.location);
                }

Location update is needed to make background animations work. Player update is needed for fishing to work. Multiplayer check is needed as these things run from Game1.Update and Game1.UpdateLocations when multiplayer and doing them twice results in everything running in double speed (slime hutch may have a similar problem, from reports of turbo slimes there). Anyway, with this fix, it works fine in single and multiplayer.

• Dave LeDev

Dave LeDev Space Hobo

Where could I add this manually?

• Shinjubu_Hood

Shinjubu_Hood Scruffy Nerf-Herder

restart the day twice!!! well now i guess i try to use the script you give... it has to work! :/

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

You can't...
                  As I said, it was for the devs, and you'd have to wait for them to fix it and release a patch before it'd do any good. If you have been playing in multiplayer and can play that day with a second person, it may work already, but if you've been playing in single-player and are already on the fair day, it's too late for that, and you'll have to get your stars another way.

• moogloogle

moogloogle Space Hobo

This bug STILL exists - in the winter ice fishing contest. I was about to start uninstalling mods before I checked and found this thread.