Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Truthkeeper Does the error happen reliably? If so, does it happen if you temporarily remove all mods (e.g. rename your Mods folder)?

• CalCrazy

CalCrazy Void-Bound Voyager

Ever since I update this to .15, I've come across this odd glitch where if I tab out of the game to check something and come back into the game, I'll either start to constantly run and be unable to stop, or now with .16 It'll act like I'm constantly clicking on things and interacting with them even though I'm not. I keep having to exit the game entirely in order to make it stop D:

As for additional mods, the only thing I have is CJB Cheats. Not sure if that helps?

• Truthkeeper

Truthkeeper Big Damn Hero

Haven't been able to replicate it at all so far. It happened while there was a train passing through, no idea if that's related, but next time one happens I'll see if it happens again.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

If you reinstall SMAPI 2.6-beta.14 now (see archived downloads), does it still happen? There are some input changes in SMAPI 2.6, but none that should cause that.

• Truthkeeper

Damn, managed to run into another freeze up, this one I can replicate. It's freezing when I go to bed, neither fading to black, loading the end of day profits screen or saving, but no errors are showing up in the log. It doesn't happen if I rename the mods folder, so I feel safe in assuming it's an issue with a mod going wrong but not reporting any errors. I don't suppose there's an easy way to isolate it short of removing mods one at a time?

• Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell Space Hobo

I have an error that prevents me from launching the game while using SMAPI. This is the first time I've tried using it and followed the (user-friendly) instructions, but seem to be missing file(s)? I'm not sure if it's something with SMAPI, Steam, or my computer, but would definitely like to fix it. I have already tried the poor man's solutions of re-downloading and uninstalling/reinstalling with both SMAPI and the two mods I am currently trying to use. moderror.png

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Truthkeeper

Turns out it was entirely me own fault for not noticing that one of my mods (SleepWorker) wasn't updated for 1.3 at all. It's mildly interesting to me that it didn't kick up any dust in the log, but I don't pretend to be familiar at all with the developer side of SMAPI to know if it should or not.

https://log.smapi.io/A577a6V0

• CalCrazy

CalCrazy Void-Bound Voyager

If I uninstall and go back, will CJB Cheats still work?

What I'm trying to sort out is if this bug is stemming from Smapi, CJB, or the game itself D:

• boocat

boocat Void-Bound Voyager

I'm sorry to bother you, but my game has been crashing for two days. I updated to the SMAPI 2.6-beta.15 installer and that worked fine for a day. Then I was sent a notice for another update, with .16 installer. I did that and the thing has never worked since I tried to install it.

I'm 64 and don't know computers very well. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

[Sorry; I just now realized I had posted the wrong thing for the crash file. I didn't use the SMAPI log parser! Have it corrected now. Please excuse any inconvenience.]

https://log.smapi.io/mDy3rKHg

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
                    • forevergent777

forevergent777 Aquatic Astronaut

Is it me or is the Pelican Town music not working for some reason?

• simdebster

simdebster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am playing game version 1.2.33. Will SMAPI 2.6 work with 1.2.33? I am not ready to move to game beta version 1.3. I am asking because SMAPI 2.5.5 will not load some mods because it says they need SMAPI 2.6, yet I tried to carefully only download mods that were not for the 1.3 beta.

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Sorry 2.6 is for the 1.3 Beta. The latest and last update to SMAPI was 2.5.5 which is for Stardew Version 1.2.33

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep, it works with beta 14 or later.

You seem to be missing some SMAPI files. Can you try redownloading SMAPI and running the installer again? (There's no need to uninstall the old version first, it'll clean up automatically.)

The music works fine for me. Does it work in other locations? What if you restart the game?

• boocat

boocat Void-Bound Voyager

YAY! Thank you, thank you, Pathoschild! It seems to be working now; it isn't shuddering and crashing like it was when it was throwing up those repeated error messages. It has just listed my mods and mentioned available updates, same as it used to do.

I wish I was clear on what I had managed to do to it... I did the beta 15 install perfectly, but then turned around and did something to the beta 16 update... makes me nervous because I proceed very carefully after printing out notes and reading them perhaps five times before I will even give it a try.

I probably just tried to get it finished too late in the evening. (That, and hubris.) I'll make a point in subsequent updates to do it in the morning after breakfast!

• PsychedelicNeckbeard

PsychedelicNeckbeard Orbital Explorer

Hey everyone,

SMAPI sent me here after I had some problems with SV. For a few days now the game starts to lag horribly after I've played for some time and if I somehow manage to get my character to go to sleep the game crashes. This happens when I play singleplayer and multiplayer. I think there is a problem with one of the mods I installed but I'm honestly to inept to fix it on my own so I would really appreciate it if someone could help me. :)

Attached Files:

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

The Mod "Longevity" can't find the file named "Data.txt", which is supposed to be in Longevity's folder. So it keeps looking for it each update tick which is 60 times per second. Thus it's drawing too much memory from your computer. Removing that mod for now will fix it. I would also notify the author of the mod, and give them the following link https://log.smapi.io/gZ5kW3MH

• PsychedelicNeckbeard

PsychedelicNeckbeard Orbital Explorer

Thanks a lot for the quick response! I'll inform the author immediately :)

• forevergent777

forevergent777 Aquatic Astronaut

The other music works, but for some reason, the only music that never played since I started the 1.3 beta was the Pelican Town music. I've yet to try this without the mod, but I'm in the Winter season right now, so I'll update you on if it's the same case when I get to Spring.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.