1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue FIXED - SMAPI - cannot load saved game after updating mods to beta

Discussion in 'Support' started by mary1793, Jun 9, 2018.

1. mary1793

mary1793 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! Can anyone help me how to get my save files back in SMAPI?? - I updated everything according to the wiki compatibility page and update latest SMAPI with beta and left out some of the un-updated mods just in case the game needs it to recognize my file BUT suddenly my game wouldn't load my save file! I tried with 2 characters and it just goes back to the intro.. I also did everything listed in the troubleshoot thread, tried renaming the C:\Users\Power User\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves and everything.

I have the Error Logs and went through it but I'm not quite sure anymore if it is the source of problem. At this point I am lost - If anyone has time to look over what I have missed, please help me out! Attached with this is my log! Thank you so much in advance!!!

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• mary1793

YOU ARE THE BEST!!
      I renamed the folder and it works!!! THANK YOU!! but --- in this case, I won't be able to use my mods anymore?
      Or do I need to install the mods one by one and check which one creates the error?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Try putting them all back except Better Fruit Trees, PyTK, SpaceCore, and Stack Everything. Does that still work?

• mary1793

Sadly no, it's not working... I have removed them but I still cant load the save file..
          Here is the link to the error logs: https://log.smapi.io/ynmmiM4b

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@mary1793 Next try removing Farmhouse Basement Mod. Does it still happen then?

• mary1793

Hello again! @Pathoschild

Yes! it worked!! Thank you :)
              I deleted Farmhouse Basement Mod then tried to load both of my saves - the first one was running fine, however for my second save, the game started lagging bad.
              I'm not sure if its the game? or its my computer but here is my error log for this case: https://log.smapi.io/CKQcswMe

PS: I'm happy it's working now but may I ask if i can put back the PyTK and SpaceCore? Some of the mods I have need them as a requirement.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep, you can put back all the mods except Farmhouse Basement Mod. (They made some changes in 1.3, so anything that patches the farmhouse seems to cause issues.)

Does the lag still happen if you temporarily remove AutoGate?

• mary1793

Hi @Pathoschild !! I put back all of my previous mods but not the Farmhouse Basement Mod like you said, and it works also! Thanks for that!
                  And yes, the lag is still here even after I removed AutoGate.

Its lagging on my original farm map save but it doesn't lag with my forest farm save though...
                  There weren't any new errors on the log, apart from the XnB Loader, NPC Map Locations and the other mods that are not compatible with 1.3 - while playing my original farm.
                  It seems ok when im inside the house, but when i go outside - it lags really bad. While walking - it looks like im running but CJB cheat says im at 0 speed - when i harvest something, it stutters - when i move my cursor is also a bit delayed.

Is there a fix for this? Or my original farm save is broken already?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• mary1793

Hi @Pathoschild - yes sure! So I tried playing both files and its not lagging anymore which is great! BUT I have a new problem -- when i go to sleep, it will ask me Yes or No like it does -- When i press "yes", nothing happens. I had to wait for 2AM to pass out and save the game. This happened on both saves.

Here is the log (which is kind of long): https://log.smapi.io/NE3uMQKm

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@mary1793 Can you update to the latest Stardew Valley 1.3.19? Your log has some errors which should be fixed in the latest updates. If that issue is still happening, can you post a new log?

• mary1793

Hello @Pathoschild ! Okay, so I have updated the game from steam, and SMAPI - but the results are the same.. I still cannot save! Does have to do something with me removing the mods and putting it back?

Here is the new log: https://log.smapi.io/NF16uSkF

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

That error is because non of Entos mods have been updated to work on 1.3, those other errors at the top, just mean that SMAPI found incompatibility with the mod, So I would check https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:SMAPI_compatibility#SMAPI_mods

If shows, the mod is updated, then I would update it. If not, then I would move the mod to a temporary folder, until it does get updated.

• mary1793

Hi @Mizzion !! Thank you for helping me!
                            I did what you suggested and moved the incompatible mods to another temp. folder and played the game - but i still cant sleep!
                            I am only to save the game at 2AM Stardew Valley Time.

@Pathoschild -- There aren't any error logs also! I don't know what's wrong anymore now..

Here's the latest log: https://log.smapi.io/t35hibRH

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Do you have any mods, that edit the FarmHouse? I've seen reports of people who do have these mods, and they can only get the game to save if they

1. Sleep
                              2. Walk outside once the sleeping part is done.

If you do have FarmHouse edits, I would suggest that you take them out and test again.

• mary1793

Hello again @Mizzion - I did have a mod that edited the Farmhouse, i erased the mod and put back the original files from my back up in the content folder so it would replace the modded ones - and the results are still the same. It saves when I walk out the house and when i let the time pass to 2AM.

Here's the log: https://log.smapi.io/N2xNnbV2

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• mary1793

Hello! @Pathoschild - I have great news! After I did the reset for the content files like you said - it works now! I'm so happy!
                                  I did the steps where it says to remove all xnb files that have been replaced by mods and reset the content folder via steam.
                                  Im not gonna use mods that changes the farm for now - just some hairs and shirts for my saved characters so they wont disappear.

Thank you so much for your help! @Pathoschild and @Mizzion -- I'll be sure to follow your mod updates for SMAPI and will always check the https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:SMAPI_compatibility#SMAPI_mods for 1.3 Beta updates!! You guys are the best!!!

Mizzion and Pathoschild like this.
                                  • mary1793

Hi again @Pathoschild !! Quick question! My game is working properly then there is an update on SMAPI beta .17 so I updated it and then I got this while playing!

https://log.smapi.io/8dv5BAc9

It happened while i was fishing, then all of a sudden i cant move and press ESC. I can only press the Journal "!" -- is this still related to my previous issue?