1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gddessbrat

gddessbrat Void-Bound Voyager

thank you so much... fixed me right up

• Antyllia

Antyllia Intergalactic Tourist

I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but when I enter the mine and try to use the Elevator Shaft to go to different levels, I immediately crash. This makes it really hard to get any deeper than level 5 in the mines.

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

Are you not in the same place? If you are, LAN should work fine for you?

• jimmypagegirl

jimmypagegirl Space Hobo

This didn't work for me on Windows. I made sure I copied the files into the right folder, and the game still crashed when I had to talk to him after building the Slime Hutch.

• Xelphosis

Xelphosis Void-Bound Voyager

upload_2018-6-11_0-16-47.png
            I deleted my mods and restore the default contents file but it just says this and I can't consume it.

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Can you show a screenshot of your entire "Stardew Valley\Content\Data" folder

• kikisjunimo

kikisjunimo Space Hobo

Hello, I keep getting a crash towards the end of the day, fall 27th, year 2. Whenever it gets late in the day at the spirits eve event the game will crash and if i reopen the game, my character is waking up on the 27th of fall. I'm unable to make any progress. Can anyone help?

• RebelButton

RebelButton Space Hobo

• corana

corana Void-Bound Voyager

I see it's been reported already but... I am also getting the bug where Robin's ax and the Mayor's shorts can be picked up twice. In the case of picking up the ax the second time, my farmer held berries over her head; in the case of the shorts, it was amaranth. I believe these were the last items that I was holding before attempting to pick up the quest item again. I have attached my save files, before and after saving for the day.

Attached Files:

• Primavera

Primavera Space Hobo

I've had the Marlon problem a few times now in the BETA of Stardew Valley, when my slime hatch is complete and my player goes out of the house to talk to Marlon, as soon as my player goes to the left of him to talk, it freezes, the chat box comes up without text then it crashes and exits the game (sometimes it leaves the music running). When I got out of the beta, I went to see if I could play and it would work in that, however when you go out of the beta then go your profile in LOAD GAME, it showed my character without hair or any accessories, or even the top of its head, then it took away all my stats and left me with 500g. I clicked on the character to try and see if it could go into the game however it just blacks out and crashes too.

Just thought I should report the problem too. I hope it gets an official fix! I don't trust myself to fix it myself without breaking anything. I don't want to lose my game, I've gotten so far! (Year 4 now)

carny666 likes this.
                      • Umbrall

Umbrall Big Damn Hero

Can confirm some of the other spontaneous crashes, index out of bounds on translateName and Object reference on FarmerDraw.

I won't include stack traces for those cause there's plenty here. One of mine stands out and doesn't include my name.

The one involving collision damage occured while entering the secret woods on my horse.

Everything was in multiplayer, as client, on linux, version 1.3.17

For the slime one:
                        Warping to Forest
                        DebugOutput: dismount tile: {X:15 Y:11}
                        Warping to Woods
                        gameMode was 'playingGameMode (3)', set to 'errorLogMode (11)'.
                        gameMode was 'errorLogMode (11)', set to 'playingGameMode (3)'.

Attached Files:

• carny666

carny666 Space Hobo

I guess I have 'the Marlon problem'.. Day 11, Year 3, I wake up open my door, there's Marlon, he wants to say something but the game crashes. My problem, exactly what @Primavera said. Same. I am using the beta version as well.

Attached Files:

Primavera likes this.
                          • Amandamazing

Amandamazing Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for working on fixing this bug. I'm not sure if you still need the crash logs on this issue, but I'm attaching mine for reference. It wouldn't let me upload the save logs.

Attached Files:

• TechnoSam

TechnoSam Space Hobo

Not sure if anyone has reported this before, but I managed to pick up two "Robin's Axe" quest items. I picked the first one up, then I think the axe in the overworld turned into Dandelions. I tried to pick those up but I got another axe.

• stjep

stjep Space Hobo

I’m having an issue playing the current beta version solo where my rabbits produce wool instead of rabbits feet. I have mods enabled but am not running any.

• Zernon

Zernon Space Hobo

Year 1, day 8 I go to the mine for the first time to trigger the mine event where you get a sword from Marlon. the game crashes on his dialogue box popping up. It does not matter what time of day it is, the game always crashes. I have a windows 10.

• Shenorai

Shenorai Space Hobo

Working on the Steam edition, I hosted a game with one other player over a LAN connection. We're on our first year and had just reached the Stardew Valley Fair.

Both of us had items to put into the grange display. First my farmhand put in his items in the display, then I peeked in to see if I needed to swap anything out. Satisfied with what was inside, I left the display and began to head down south to speak to the villagers and visitors. I tried speaking to Marlon, but only got a blank text box for about a second before my game froze up and crashed. I do not know what my partner was doing at the time.

I have also heard of the fishing minigame during the Fair that crashes the game as well.

Attached Files:

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

This isn't a bug; wool is the standard product for rabbits. Rabbit's foot is their deluxe product, and they only produce them occasionally, under the right conditions and when the RNG is on your side. Check the wiki for more information on exactly how it works

• monkeydufly

monkeydufly Space Hobo

I fixed the bridge at the beach but my farmhands can't access it[​IMG]

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

We've got a fix in place for the Marlon related crashing - that should be included in the next patch. The issue can trigger anytime the game uses his name.

We don't need any more reports/details for that one! Thanks everyone

Shenorai, _Keru_, Primavera and 3 others like this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.