1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED bk3k's blocks and objects - formerly lighted platforms 2.4.03

Stuff you didn't know you needed til now

1. Alepod

Alepod Void-Bound Voyager

2. Alepod

Chameleon doors can't mimic more than one type of blocks (unlike vanilla hidden door) and sometimes it is transparent

3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Funny enough I hadn't noticed the vanilla secret doors until after I had completed the code for those. It wasn't as novel as I thought. Anyhow they don't work the same.

Vanilla secret doors scan behind themselves (aka background). And you must have a background therefore.

Chameleon doors look for adjacent foreground tiles first, and check adjacent background tiles when foreground tiles aren't found.
    The horizontal ones check to the left and right, where the vertical ones check above and below. They can find tiles from other chameleon doors too.
    If no tile is found, they aren't visible. That's intended behavior which enables you to hide things like deployable ladders (a vertical row of platforms) leading up to your secret sky base. In that case it shouldn't be obvious that there is an object present at all.

Note the box outline is only there when placing to make positioning easier.

4. Alepod

Do you plan make it's behaviour similar to that of vanilla doors?

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Nope.
    1. That would make them pointless because you can just use the vanilla doors if you wanted the vanilla behavior. I only kept them (after realizing vanilla did something similar) BECAUSE they operate differently.
    2. The fact that they operate differently means you can use them in ways you can't use the vanilla doors - as I've already detailed a bit. The reverse is also true as you've detailed.

Thus you can choose whatever works best for the situation.

6. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Question, is it possible to have chameleon doors/hatches with rails through them?

7. Ben_LK

Ben_LK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

links are down

8. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Just tested it, and it still works. Dropbox does seem to have changed up their site a little. The download button is on the top right - the arrow that points down with a line below it. Why the button doesn't just SAY download... I couldn't tell you. After clicking that button it offers to save it to your own dropbox or Direct download. Choose Direct download.