Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainbowPantuflas

RainbowPantuflas Void-Bound Voyager

Holy carp... I have so many mods that I'm gonna have to convert! This is what I get for taking a break from the game, haha. Thanks or keeping mods updated, everyone!

Would anyone have a sort of premade Content Patcher-compatible pack of all NPCs portraits and sprites in one file that we could edit easily by messing with the PNG assets? I'm not really a programmer so the coding part scares me... but I have custom sprites for everyone so being able to just swap the assets would be awesome. I like to have my folks change clothes and hairstyles now and then :)

EDIT: Oh yeah. From what I hear the original author of these two mods is no longer with us, so I was wondering if anyone could update them? Thank you in advance! :)

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/658
    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/335

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    • paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here is a link to DIYCP - Characters and Portraits. It includes every character (including characters not often used).

aijvelle and RainbowPantuflas like this.
      • RainbowPantuflas

Fantastic, thank you so much! Just what I needed. That will make things a lot easier for me! :)

Now I just hope someone may be able to convert those two mods I posted... fingers crossed indeed <3

• paradigmnomad

I don't feel like doing it tonight but you're always more than welcome to try and convert them yourself :) There's loads of examples in this thread for furniture & editing data fields.

• RainbowPantuflas

I may give it a try later but I'm in no hurry, so if ya find the time some other day, feel free! I'm actually waiting for the beta to be over before I jump into the game, just updating my mods in the meantime. So it's all good! Thanks again for the help! :)

• junali

junali Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe because I changed it from .rar to .zip I uploaded the folder without compression here
              I tested it in singleplayer but I don't know how custom maps work in multiplayer, I assume both would need this mod.

• Elincia_AH

Elincia_AH Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the quick reply and the folder upload. :D Will try that later today.

• elebuu

elebuu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• paradigmnomad

elebuu likes this.
                • elebuu

elebuu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay awesome. :D I guess for the SMAPI mods, one has to do a lot more with actual code, derp

• Elveira

Elveira Void-Bound Voyager

• ostrichbreath

ostrichbreath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could you post the fixed file? I'm trying to identify the syntax errors but I'm having trouble, its something with Alex's schedule I think but I can't seem to find the exact error.

blouwho? likes this.
                    • Setara253

Setara253 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Setara253

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

• Setara253

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

• keodau27

keodau27 Subatomic Cosmonaut

• andiluxe

andiluxe Phantasmal Quasar

You can now find this on Nexus instead! This post is no longer maintained.
                      https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2709?tab=description

This is a CP port of WIP Winery/Brewery Retexture Mod (Assets completed).
                      @Dentrala or @sheetcakeghost,
                      If you'd like to upload this somewhere officially, you have my permission. Please let me know if you'd like me to take my version down or otherwise make any changes.

[CP] Unofficial Slime Hutch Winery 1.0.1
                      There are config options for the exterior, the interior colors, and the interior layout, and there are reference images for all of this to make choosing easier. I've taken the liberty of simplifying file names as well.

EXTERIORS
                      The default for every recolor of @Dentrala's original assets has a well and is called {{color}}.png.
                      The alternate is without the well, and that is {{color2}}.png.

INTERIOR COLORS
                      The interior colors come in standard (gold) and gray.

INTERIOR LAYOUTS
                      (When you see barrels clipping my kegs and chests, please note that I use "withoutbar" in my own save. If I were to move those items, I don't think I could put them back on top of the barrels' tiles. It's just that I loaded a layout when I already had things in the room.)
                      • standard: a straight re-skinning of the slime hutch interior with no custom assets or map size changes. there is a hutch on the back wall and a refrigerator in the left corner. this is the default.
                      • huge: exactly what it says on the label. a gigantic room with a bar counter and loads of space on either side. (tiles a little strangely, but it loads and you'll have space for days for kegs.)
                      • bar: larger than the slime hutch with just a bar counter and some barrels, no stools or tables. all other versions are this size.
                      • stoolsbehind: a bar counter, some barrels, and stools behind the counter
                      • stoolsbehind2: adds two round tables in the room with a beer mug on the right table
                      • stoolsbehind3: the same as option 2, but the mug is on the left table
                      • stoolsfront: a bar counter, some barrels, stools in front of the counter, two round tables in the room, and a beer mug on the right table
                      • stoolsfront2: the same as option 1, but the mug is on the left table
                      • withoutbar: just a room with the wine hutch against the wall, no barrels or bar counter

[CP] Unofficial Big Barn Winery (v 1.0.2)
                      The Big Barn version is mostly untested because I don't have a Big Barn on any of my saves. If you do, let me know if it works, because all I know is that it loads without errors, but I don’t know how well the map works.

There is only one layout for the Big Barn, but you can still choose an interior color.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
                        PurpleRain and SundayLion like this.
                      • DaniellobatO

DaniellobatO Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello @andiluxe

Download the Big Bar but I'm getting this error in my smapi log. I read the "read me" but I left the standard for testing and this is the result:
                        https://log.smapi.io/mbXJ3PsP

Thread Status:
                        Not open for further replies.