List of Announced Game Information (Retired due to release)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Blue, Feb 24, 2012.

1. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

not sure if I should be glad or dissapointed in the landing style not mocking Warhammer 40K space marines >_>

2. Adurna

Adurna Big Damn Hero

Well then, with added information from Rho we all know more now. But checkmate? I was not arguing, or trying to "win" anything. Just mentioning that tiy said it was not the final animation, and that it might mean its not supposed to be megaman. But since it is, whatever. And yes, I understand that 3 minutes is not accurate, but I simply don't know what would be. (May not have been you that said that but I'm rushing to class)

3. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

:facepalm: you completly missed the joke...

Mianso likes this.
  4. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Pretty sure the reason that the animation was posted on here was because they wanted to get feedback from the community and, since it was so positive, that will be the animation for the teleportation.

5. The Enlightened Grue

but what if thats just one animation dependent on what your "landing craft" is?
    for example, what if someone had a really high-tech craft that acted a lot like Russian Nesting Dolls? just sending smaller and smaller ships down a certain distance until the player reached the ground?
    for example(2), what if someone just had a mix of a space-suit and a wing-suit and launched themselves into the atmosphere from a cannon built for the deed?
    there are so many things that could work in this game X3

6. Adurna

Adurna Big Damn Hero

apparently so 0.o

7. SweeT

SweeT Space Spelunker

I want food mater, apparently is stated as not beeing in the game :wut:

8. Adurna

Adurna Big Damn Hero

you mean food meter? Tiy doesn't want to implement any form of hunger.

xboy777 likes this.
  9. Mobon1

Mobon1 Orbital Explorer

If there's only teleportation to get to planets I will be relatively disappoint. Drop ships and the like are about 10x cooler, but I suppose that leaves the issue of getting back up.

On the other hand, if you had to call for a ship to pick you up after a certain amount of time (via teleport or physically picking you up), a survival type quest where hordes of dinosaurs/zombies/penguins attack you until it arrives would be pretty nifty.

10. Mobon1

Mobon1 Orbital Explorer

I can't understand why people want things like food meters and sleep meters and other necessity forcing meters in games. Unless the game's like, completely simulation, I like to imagine my character does his business off screen.

Woodbin likes this.
  11. shcfyd

shcfyd Subatomic Cosmonaut

building a farm and harvesting can be fun, another thing to do, another dimension to the game

oh well, wait for/make mods :p

xboy777 likes this.
  12. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Im mostly happy that everytime I teleport it doesnt end up like the Terminator where i have to redecorate my base from the crater and have to find a shirt and trosuers. :p

13. Adurna

Adurna Big Damn Hero

definitely. Outside of the sims, there is little possibility of these kinds of meters being anything but a pain to keep up with.

14. The Enlightened Grue

"Wreck It Ralph" much?
    but yeah, I totally agree.

15. shcfyd

ehh, it worked in survival mode. Food was only a worry and a hassel for a short time. After that, you're basically set to build and continue to the next phase/goal of gameplay. I think that transition from survival to production and exploration is where some of the appeal lies.

Mary674 likes this.
  16. Intermission

Intermission Void-Bound Voyager

Personally, I'm against having "needs" meters. It just doesn't feel like it would fit in a game like this. I would, however, enjoy the possibility of status ailments/boosts from eating alien foliage and such. Find a space mushroom, shove it down your throat, have something happen to you because of the foreign fungus. Attack raised, lowered, etc. Anything like that would be pretty sweet, I think, but I can't stand the thought of having to constantly search for food and things like that to avoid starving to death.

17. Adurna

Adurna Big Damn Hero

I suppose I should append my statement: it works in games that are based off survival. In a game where the goal is to live and thrive, necessities are a given, and it can be quite enjoyable to try and gather enough resources to live. I think its a whole lot more suited to gnomoria than minecraft (where it ended up being "oh look. my food meter is kinda sorta low. guess i oughta eat one of my 500000 steaks.") But this game is an exploration and combat based game, where you visit planets, find tons of neat items, and plants, and do quests, and just.. space! keeping up with your hunger in this game would only detract from the experience. Just as a hunger meter would be bad in castlevania, it doesn't really fit in starbound either.

18. Eight

Eight Pangalactic Porcupine

Could you please add a spoiler for each section?

blind sniper likes this.
  19. shcfyd

Iunno if it detracts from the game, by that time you would have some kinda automated production and a surplus of food. And i think that kinda thing allows for breaks in the combat and exploration. Kinda like returning to your ship to rest, process materials and store items, and eat!~ Rather than constantly jumping from planet to planet, fight to fight. I think it would add to the action-adventure by giving construction a more necessary role that could promote that aspect of gameplay. Kinda like so people actually want to invest in a neat looking base rather than a utilitarian box. I mean this isn't a purely fighting game right?

But seeing as the game isn't out yet, speculation is, and thus anything i say, is worthless! :laugh: Also since the devs already decided farming won't be ingame, im not going to try and convince otherwise ~:rofl:
    Hows health being handled anyway? Medkits? Potions? Latent regeneration?

Mary674 likes this.
  20. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

There are syringes that basically act as health potions.