Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

@jaregon That should have been fixed in smapi 2.6 beta 12. Make sure you have the newest beta version from https://smapi.io/

• jaregon

jaregon Void-Bound Voyager

oh snap. I guess we didnt try to buy it after the newest update yet, When the ring pops up again we will buy it then. Awsome, thanks :D

• Chronomega

Chronomega Big Damn Hero

Using the newest Beta of SMAPI (2.6-beta.15), I am still unable to see the Wedding Ring crafting recipe. I edited my save file and removed the recipe, then went to the traveling cart and purchased it again. I am still unable to see the recipe for Wedding Ring.

I also made sure to completely uninstall and reinstall SMAPI when I updated from Beta 14 to 15.

Currently, I am using only UI Info Suite along with SMAPI's prepackaged mods. I've removed the mods one by one to test any relation, but the ring recipe did not appear in my crafting window until I completely disabled SMAPI at startup.

• ghouly

ghouly Tentacle Wrangler

Can I configure the VS debugger to step into Stardew Valley's source code? :V

Also, anyone know what code gets executed when I click to change a wallpaper?

• Kulfyr3

Kulfyr3 Big Damn Hero

When i run smapi without any mods it hogs as much as it can of the CPU (80-85%), even without any mods, and it makes the fps go down by about half, but when i run stardew valley normally, it only takes about 20%, it very rarely hits 40%. Any help?

• Rannoch621

Rannoch621 Void-Bound Voyager

So, I run Smapi, and the game loads fine. I leave the house and the game immediately freezes while the music continues to play. I get the 'program not responding' message, and the game closes out. I'm wondering if this is a Smapi issue, or just conflicting mods.

EDIT: It was conflicting mods. Never had that happen before, so now I know. :)

Last edited: May 31, 2018
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That looks like a bug in the game itself. If it's still happening with the latest Stardew Valley 1.3.15, can you report it in the official bug thread?

We discussed this on Discord. This seems to be general Windows issues, so Cosmo will try a clean reinstall of Windows to fix it.

Can you post a zip of your save files?

Yes, with difficulty. You need to decompile the game code using dotPeek and ILSpy, manually fix the compile errors (there'll be a thousand or so), then compile the game on your computer. Then you'll be able to run the game with a debugger to step through the game code.

That triggers Wallpaper.placementAction, which calls FarmHouse.setWallpaper.

Can you come ask on Discord? It'll be much easier to ask question there.

• skyraven

skyraven Big Damn Hero

• Chronomega

Chronomega Big Damn Hero

Absolutely. Mind you, this is after I disabled mods, made the ring, and re-enabled the mods.

Attached Files:

• Snarkypie

Snarkypie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First time playing since quite a few mod/SMAPI updates, and my game keeps crashing randomly. I see that ALL is throwing a ton of errors, but I'm not sure if that's the only thing? TIA

https://log.smapi.io/7ipr48gg

• bone403

bone403 Aquatic Astronaut

Hi im new here, I installed some mods for Stardew Valley and so on and if I went out of Stamina in Game and the Screen turns black, Stardew Valley is crashing. I dont get the Scene where you wake up in the hospital. Maybe the Smapi Error Log helps someone here?
                      Can you help me please. Sorry for my bad english :s
                      Playing Stardew Valley 1.2.xx
                      And the newest SMAPI for the Version.
                      Im German btw :)

Attached Files:

• CGPaladin

CGPaladin Space Hobo

*waves* Hi everyone.

I Play SV on Linux (Fedora 28, to be specific), and I am experiencing an issue where SMAPI will not run after installing. Trying to start it from Steam just pops up a window for a brief second, then it's gone. Trying to run the StardewValley command results in a java error, which I've attached.

My environment consists of:

SMAPI v2.5.5
                        Mono 5.12.0
                        Steam Client API v018
                        Stardew Valley 1.2.33

this is just with the initial install of SMAPI, and the ConsoleCommands Mod included. nothing else.

Any thoughts on what might be going on here?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
                        • Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Not sure about the error itself, but If you're running stardew 1.3, you need SMAPI version 2.6-beta.15, you can get it from https://smapi.io, Right under the green button.

• CGPaladin

CGPaladin Space Hobo

Thanks, Mizzion.

I tried that, but apparently, I am *not* using 1.3. the SMAPI console indicated that I was using 1.2.33 instead. I'll adjust my previous post accordingly.

** EDIT **
                            So, I decided to go out on a limb and get the 1.3 beta, and use the 2.6 version of SMAPI, and now my game works... so yay. not sure what was wrong with the 1.2.33 version of the game & SMAPI 2.5.5 on Fedora 28, though... I'll keep looking for logs to see if I can find any useful information.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
                            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The ring appears fine without changing the save you posted. Is that what you mean? Are you still having the issue?
                              upload_2018-6-8_16-3-39.png

Do the crashes still happen if you temporarily remove Advanced Location Loader, Animal Husbandry, Custom Farming Redux, Custom Furniture, Custom Furniture Anywhere, PyTK, SpaceCore, and Stack Everything?

Unfortunately that error doesn't have much info. Does it still happen if you remove all your mods temporarily? If not, try putting them back one at a time to figure out which mod is causing it.

• Hobro

Hobro Void-Bound Voyager

I am experiencing the following error: I crash the moment I exit my home and enter the farm.
                                (Originally posted in the wrong thread, my mistake)

https://log.smapi.io/Vniq48Mi

I use the following mods:
                                Better Junimos
                                Item Spawner
                                Joys of Efficiency
                                Lookup Anything
                                Loved Labels
                                MTN
                                No Fence Decay
                                Scythe Harvesting
                                Tractor Mod

I installed CJB Cheats menu to try to teleport out of my house to see if the crash only happened at my doorstep. It happens upon entering my farm from any angle. I originally tried uninstalling all the mods and reinstalling them one at a time. The game continued to crash regardless (though I was not able to remove MTN since it defines the Farm Map, did not make sense to remove it).

Edit: A side note, this issue sprang up in mid spring. Sometimes i can escape, sometimes i cant.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
                                • AssVictoriam

AssVictoriam Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there! Everything was working fine last night, did stardew valley beta have an update?

https://log.smapi.io/2ypHrqm8

It wont let me start up the game, and this usually happens when the game updates and my smapi version is no longer compatible. Other than that, I have no idea what it could be. I verified integrity of game files, and still nothing.

Stardew Valley.exe works fine on it own, but it wont load with smapi.

Thank you!

EDIT : Okay, so I restarted my computer and that seemed to fix it.
                                  I didn't have a lot of CPU usage at the time, and not many widows open - so I didn't think that was my issue, but I guess it was!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
                                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.6 beta 16 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.17+ only.)

Release notes:
                                    • For players:
                                      • Fixed installer not finding game path in some cases.
                                      • Fixed installer showing duplicate game paths in some cases.
                                      • Fixed installer not removing some SMAPI files.
                                      • Fixed Nexus mod update alerts not showing HTTPS links.
                                      • Fixed issue where a mod crashing in CanEdit or CanLoad could cause an abort-retry loop.
                                      • Fixed error when a mod loads an unpacked .tbin map that references custom seasonal tilesheets.
                                      • Updated compatibility list.
                                    • For the log parser:
                                      • Redesigned upload page to make it more intuitive for new players.
                                      • Changed filters to show DEBUG messages by default.
                                      • Fixed mangled crossplatform paths in some cases.
                                    • For modders:
                                      • Added input API for reading and suppressing keyboard, controller, and mouse input.
                                      • Added support for launching multiple instances transparently. This removes the former --log-path command-line argument.
                                      • Added Harmony DLL for internal use by SMAPI. (Mods should still include their own copy for backwards compatibility, and in case it's removed later. SMAPI will always load its own version though.)
                                      • Added the first SMAPI 3.0 events. These are much more powerful, consistent, and discoverable than the existing events. However they're preview-only, not officially documented, and may change without warning.
                                      • Added latest mod file version (including optional files) to Nexus API results.
                                      • Fixed assets not being cloned when transferred between content managers in some cases.
                                    • For SMAPI developers:
                                      • Added prototype SMAPI 3.0 events accessible via helper.Events.
                                      • Added prototype mod handler toolkit.
                                      • Added Harmony for SMAPI's internal use to patch game functions for events.
                                    Let me know if you run into any issues!

• Truthkeeper

Truthkeeper Big Damn Hero

After updating, I ran into a crash to black screen when walking up to the train station, with a repeating error in the log.

https://log.smapi.io/6uHz5JVK

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.