1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Update 1.3.16 is now available.
    • (Fixed) Client 'introductions' quest tracking the wrong number of villagers
    • (Fixed) Cabin fridges emptying when host reloads
    • (Fixed) Secret Santa assignments changing
    • (Fixed) Items missing from festival shops playing in Chinese
    • (Fixed) Fishing tackle traded breaking after one use
    • (Fixed) Tree seeds not harvestable in multiplayer
    • (Fixed) Spouse position issues
    • (Fixed) Players stuck in wall after Emily's 10 heart event
    • (Fixed) Wallpaper/Floors vanishing and resetting
    • (Fixed) Host and client don't sync if a ladder or shaft spawns
    • (Fixed) Slimes aggroing player during secret woods event
    • (Fixed) Horse becomes unmountable after entering a new location
    • (Fixed) Horses vanish when jumping between two quickly

kittentamer, foperator, Blorp and 3 others like this.
    • InstantAli3n

InstantAli3n Master Chief

Entire town stuck outside after Egg festival. Playing Single player. Stardew Valley_2018_05_04_13_46_33_537.png
      Sorry, I didn't think to extract the save file at the time...

Attached Files:

• Theleno

Theleno Yeah, You!

Another thing I remembered, my host was unable to finish the adventurers guild initiation quest, and is still currently unable to. I was wondering if this could be fixed or if he is forever unable to finish the quest.

What's wrong is that he has the quest, but killing slimes (of all colours) does not progress the quest for him.

• InstantAli3n

InstantAli3n Master Chief

Gifts not resetting properly - SAVE FROM FROM 1.3.(9?) BETA ORIGINALLY. Single player.
          Stardew Valley_2018_05_07_05_43_34_937.png

Lower Zoom levels (75%) at 1440p causing rendering issues.
          Stardew Valley_2018_05_07_11_17_56_681.png
          (Just test the menu options for zoom, changing resolution, and changing fullscreen/windowed/borderless fullscreen. You'll find about 6 or 7 different bugs.) Plus there's issues with framerate on screens above 60Hz due to the unusual way rendering is done in this game. The cursor has it's own set of issues because of this.

PLEASE contact me for more details.
          :) I'd LOVE to help in technical troubleshooting on these issues especially.

Sorry for the double posting, I was trying to separate issues more clearly.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
            JimmyB likes this.
          • Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please avoid doubleposting. Use the edit function if you want to make additions to your previous post. :nuruhappy:

_Keru_ likes this.
            • NovinChaos

NovinChaos Tentacle Wrangler

Thank you for fixing the cabin fridges! Been waiting for that since Year 1 of my playthrough.

I think there are still a few things that needs to be addressed (take note I am a guest player):
              - Not sure if the "Initiation" quest required to enter the Adventurer's Guild is only available at a limited time, but I still cannot enter the building without the quest present in my journal. I was able to get the letter before but I think it was in a previous update when there was a bug with the 10 slain slimes not being counted in the quest tracker. We are now at Winter Year 2 in case that's relevant.
              - I can still hear the background music from the mines when the host player visits a different biome, such as the Snow biome.
              - I believe there are a few things I found before, such as the Dwarf Scroll 1, that magically disappeared from the Museum after donating it to Gunther. I was supposed to send all scrolls to him to understand the Dwarf in the Mines, but after the host reloaded the game, the artifact wasn't there anymore, and I couldn't find another copy of it since then.

> Funny story, I was the only player who actively updated the Community Center's requirements, and after I completed each bundle, I really thought I would be able to view the cutscene between Morris and Pierre. Turns out the host player was the only one who saw it, and needless to say I got a little salty there. Bug or not, hopefully this could be fixed. :(

Anyway, thank you so much for your hard work guys! Keep it up!

EDIT: I meant host player saw the Community Center cutscene.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
                foperator likes this.
              • ceja

ceja Void-Bound Voyager

This is not a bug exactly but the new prices in year 2 I think can use some adjustment. So in year 1 coal costs 150 and wood costs 10. It's actually smart to make your own coal but in the new system in year 2 wood costs 50 and coal costs 250. It would cost 500 to make one piece of coal making the charcoal machines useless.

Katalaeia likes this.
                • sacredbishop

sacredbishop Subatomic Cosmonaut

The first time we play after the patch from May 30, my farmhand's clothes was changed (the colour of the cloth) , I don't know if that was a bug or some change between the patches. I will add some pictures when I get home.

The farmhand husband won't go out of the house, mine (the host) leave the house as usual.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
                  • ldkv

ldkv Void-Bound Voyager

The return scepter teleporting all players bug is still there. I spent a good amount of time to gather enough 2M to buy it but ended up unusable. I had to stop playing for a while :(.

• Thadius

Thadius Void-Bound Voyager

I still haven't seen anyone pick up on the bug I reported in the last thread. I give a prismatic shard to the shrine of selfishness. It plays the animation of turning my children into doves. But when I get home, lo and behold, my children are still there.

It's already taken one shard from me and given me nothing. I'd like to be sure it won't happen again before I play again.

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

Although your save is from 1.3 rather than 1.2, the same should apply as here.

_Keru_ likes this.
                        • OtakuLory

OtakuLory Void-Bound Voyager

Ok so I am playing on a single player save but the Grubs in the mines become invincible once they start running and I am unable to hit them again until they turn into Flying insects.

• Peranorm

Peranorm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

currently, attacking them with weak weapons will cause them to become invincible after you get them to a certain health. I believe it's just an issue with their Hitbox either disappearing or it being moved to who-knows-where. This is where Heavy Weapons such as the Wooder Club comes in. I've initiated combat with its heavy attack and continued whacking them until they died. I've always been able to kill them with a Club in the early levels where you still have weak weapons. Killing them doesn't become an issue once you have the Obsidian Sword or any weapon that can 1 shot them.

• Frundan

Frundan Space Spelunker

Found a dialogue glitch. Elliot is supposed to say his dialogue in two parts, but he says all of it when you talk to him for the first time. When you talk to him the second time, he only says the second part.
                              upload_2018-6-5_19-32-1.png upload_2018-6-5_19-33-39.png

• Midna7

Midna7 Space Hobo

these are the bugs I encountered while joining a game:

-NPCs keep moving after a little while when you talk to them
                                -Abigail sometimes doesn't talk to you for the whole day
                                -TV sometimes says it's going to rain the next day but it doesn't
                                -In Sams 4 heart event the egg he drops turns into hay

don't know if intentional but:
                                You can hear the footsteps and doors from the whole map section you're in (example, you're down at Sams house but you can still hear it when someone enters or leaves Pierres Store) and sometimes you can hear it when someone on the farm is cutting grass as you are in the mine

• ProgramerDev

ProgramerDev Aquatic Astronaut

If I open a shop window or certain inventorys, the player keeps walking and making walking noises

• Frundan

Frundan Space Spelunker

Another dialogue bug. It was a festival day, but at the beginning of the day Elliot gave the dialogue of him going to the beach and did manage to get there before I joined the festival. After the festival ended, he gave his dialogue as if he was still on the beach.
                                    upload_2018-6-5_19-47-27.png

• BlueAmaranth

BlueAmaranth Void-Bound Voyager

I've been noticing a weird thing where when I'm near Grandpa's Shrine, a sprite--I believe it's one of my farmhand's sprites but it disappears too quickly for me to be sure--flickers in and out of existence in front of the shrine.

• Pariette

Pariette Space Hobo

Hi ! I would first like to apologize for my approximate English, i'm French haha.
                                        (mac player) So I want you to know that today I made the new update of the game, and played with a friend and I can't open the boxes of bundle in Community Center. Before this new update I could do the bundle.
                                        Have a good day.

• Mondai

Mondai Title Not Found

Just a thought, but maybe this thread should be pinned up instead of the old one, and link the old one from this one? It took me a little while to realize that the patch notes were already up when I checked earlier today, and that I was just looking at an old thread that wasn't being updated anymore.

Seyph and kittentamer like this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.