More Cats + Cat Items!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by StardropPJ, Jul 20, 2016.

?

What do you think about this idea?

1. Yes! Some of these things should be in the game!

48 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No. None of these should be in the game!

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Aww, Sewer Cat looks like my cat. haha

StardropPJ likes this.
    • dwuff

dwuff Phantasmal Quasar

I would LOVE to be able to pick cat coat in the beginning of the game!

StardropPJ likes this.
      • TheTearer

TheTearer Phantasmal Quasar

I love all of this except the mice. No mice please. I just want a bunch of happy fuzzy kitties everywhere please. No mice. ~shudders~

StardropPJ likes this.
        • Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

I wonder if there could be a coordinating effect on spouse happiness? Let's say that some villagers prefer cats and others prefer dogs, or that someone has an allergy. If you marry someone who is allergic to cats and proceed to adopt 30 of them, maybe it would be harder to keep your spouse's happiness level up? *pictures Haley, red-eyed and sneezing, as farmer walks into the house proudly holding new arrival* Look what I found behind JoJa! I'm calling her Pickles!

Zosa and StardropPJ like this.
          • TheTearer

TheTearer Phantasmal Quasar

Part of me finds it funny, but at the same time that starts to undo the whole point of having all of the interests with no sex preferences, so anyone can romance them. If you start giving them things like pet reactions that seriously impact their life and relationship to you from the get-go (you'll have a pet waaay before you can get a romance going), then you start gating off the romance and people have to start creating their characters around who they want to romance. The moment of comedy's not really worth the trade...

StardropPJ likes this.
            • StardropPJ

StardropPJ Void-Bound Voyager

I haven't been on the forums for awhile! I'm going to update this post! Happy to be back :D

Corraidhín likes this.
              • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

oh welcome back ^w^ those cats are quite cute! I am sure they would appreciate the update!

StardropPJ likes this.
                • OpalDeerling

OpalDeerling Void-Bound Voyager

I need this to be a thing please <3

• Nyarl

Nyarl Intergalactic Tourist

Dog can do something with animals when animals be outside. Make fox to attack u chicken and wolf to attack sheep. Good when i can have cat and dog together. Or 2 dogs and 2 cats or more.

• Nyarl

Nyarl Intergalactic Tourist

My wife say "when company make multi on ps4 or ps vita and make good cat sim on farm i play with u Lucas"... hehe.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i'd be all for this :rofl: my farmer already looks like he is a hop-and-step away from being a crazy cat lady, why not go all-in? hahaha

• badsalad-sadballad

badsalad-sadballad Seal Broken

I like this idea. Would it be hard to create a mod so that your dogs and cats could herd livestock when they go outside their pen?

• Z4ler4

Z4ler4 Space Hobo

Great ideas can i just suggest some changes ?

Instead of mice....

The cats and dogs have exclusive skills....

like the cat brings you random items with a very high chance of being fish(quality of the item raises with the hearts) + keeps crows away(the range raises with the hearts) and for having a why to use this other items that raise friendship(some would need daily but why i would do it if i can just max the hearts normally...) i suggest you "force" the cat to find other item for you for 1 heart

the dog would be a "invincible" dungeon partner(it attacks but the enemies ignore him) or helps tracking/foraging items(shows how many and direction gets better with more hearts) + a exhaustion/death "retriever" starting with 10% of chance of happening to 60% with 5 hearts and losing 1 when the dog "rescue" you, when the dog "rescue" you, you suffer no loss at all.

• ADD_Booknerd

ADD_Booknerd Subatomic Cosmonaut

Did anyone end up making any progress with this?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

not sure but it certainly would be neat if someone was

• Tzarina8472

Tzarina8472 Void-Bound Voyager

Idea: Suppose instead of just giving fish to the cat, the cat/dog option could have some minor advantages and or repercussions. For example (and ^ made me think of this,) the cat can sometimes go fishing for you during sunny days in summer? No more than 1, maybe 2 fish per day. I'd like to see the cat stalking the crows until after they fly away... the cat doesn't remove the crow until after the damage is done, but you get a funny animation. Scarecrows can still prevent crows all together, though. Dogs, on the other hand, just having one around prevents crows from appearing.

I love these ideas. The different characters could love one pet but hate the other, or someone who is allergic could sneeze in a speech bubble as you're passing by. As for the cat/dog show, you would of course have to make it so that some of the other characters keep pets. Alex already has a dog, suppose his dog could be a little more free than the little dog pen he currently has? Or the dog lives outside while Grandma Evelyn keeps a cat inside. Then you could have a mail box quest where George opened the door, the cat got out, and the dog chased her off; could you go look for her please?
                                  (Catches self rambling during first ever post.)
                                  Anyway, I wanted to point out that usually you have to do something that influences your winning status in the events, like catch enough fish or find enough eggs. The pet show should have something similar, possibly related to how many hearts you have with your pet.

• iCody

iCody Poptop Tamer

Regarding:
                                    NEW PET THINGS:
                                    1. Hunt mice, mice will eat your crops like crows. But you need cats (or dogs) to stop them!
                                    2. Follow you around! Have your cat follow you around while you walk around town.
                                    I think that mechanics surrounding mice is a good idea. I'd spin it differently, such that you don't need scarecrows at all (they can still be used for decoration, collecting them all) and that cats will prevent any crop from being eaten. Scarecrow occurrence rates should be raised so that they're more common and introduce wild animals that attack any animals outside that are not fenced in.

Dogs on the other hand will protect animals that inadvertently get left outside or are not contained by a fence. (Someone closes the door on accident, blocking them from getting back inside their building, or doesn't mend a degraded fence and that leaves a gap in the perimeter for a fox or wild dog to show up.)

Essentially: If you have the cat, fence up your animals. If you have a dog, invest in scarecrows. The rate of occurrence will increase with a higher amount of crops/animals on the farm.

We have a map where monsters spawn on the farm, I don't see it being that difficult to have wild animals spawn and roam, keeping distance from the character players.

I LOVE the mock ups of the potential cat graphics! I'm a cat person all the way. :)

• CoalMinerGirl76

CoalMinerGirl76 Void-Bound Voyager

I sat here today thinking I would love to have the option to at least feed my dog/ cat .. I found this when searching this idea to see if it has been done .. this is an old board but I would really love to see this person's idea resurrected and hopefully a modder can check it all out and make it happen ...

• fairyDot

fairyDot Intergalactic Tourist

Some good ideas in here!

I think it would be more fun and more rewarding to have to go and find cats to adopt on your own, instead of marine just handing one over. It would be fun to have more ways to interact with them as well, like giving them toys and treats. I would love to find bones in the mines and bring them back to my dog!

Overall it would be nice for your cat/dog to have more of a purpose, besides just petting them once a day and giving them water.