1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cressian

cressian Space Hobo

Follow up on #4:

Pierre is open on Wednesdays for my Host but not for me. Even tho the community Center is fully rebuilt, I, as the farhand, cannot visit Pierres store on Wednesdays still.

• txiv

txiv Space Spelunker

i find these bugs on my 2-player game from version 1.3.13 to 1.3.15. Sorry if some bugs are already posted.

1. Items in farmhand cabin fridge disappear after each session.

2. I'm not sure this is a bug or not, but my wife, penny, won't ask for baby even after a year marriage constant full hearts, max cabin upgrade (not that i want those idiot babies). I'm farmhand.

3. When i found shaft in skull cavern, my friend saw staircase instead.

4. Horse oftentimes won't let farmhand to use it after jumping down at any maps beside farm. Have to go out of the map and return to use it again.

5. Artisan machines (i notice on beehouse and oil maker) sometimes finish the process instantly.

6. Destroying crate in mines sometimes giving double drop.

7. On christmas, villager that I supposed to give gift (Elliot in my case) become my giver instead.

8. When my friend (host) finished boiler room bundle while i was walking out of community center, i got that shocked expression (one when junimo appears) but keep walking out. After teleported outside, i couldn't move and user interface disappear (like F4 command). I could still see my friend movement.

9. My game crashed in haley house when there was haley heart event followed by emily heart event(maybe 8heart). I skipped both and it crashed. I immediately returned there and the events no longer show up (game is paused while i reconnect).

10. In stardew valley fair, the game crashed everytime someone use slingshot game. Also when grange sale score result notif pop up while my friend(host) was playing fishing game, he couldnt move after notif and got stucked inside the game even when the time is out. I was also inside fishing game that time but i didnt get any notif and was playing just fine. My friend was the one who talked to lewis.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
      • Mondai

Mondai Title Not Found

Not sure if this is new to beta, but I just ran into a new problem another user was having on the Steam forums:

2 of their chickens disappeared. They had 2 basic coops, but only 6 chickens, and both coops were listed as full. They couldn't buy more chickens from Marnie.

I checked in their save file for them, what I found was this:

- Coop A had chickens 1 and 2 in it. All of the info on these chickens, the whole <item> tag for them. But it had the <long> ID numbers for chickens 1, 2, 3, and 4 in the <animalsThatLiveHere> tag.
        - Coop B had chickens 3, 4, 5, and 6 in it, with the full <item> tag. It also had the <long> ID numbers for these same chickens, 3, 4, 5, and 6 in its <animalsThatLiveHere> tag.

So, somehow 2 of the chickens were "living" in both coops, making it so that the coops showed full when they weren't.

I was able to correct this by taking the <long>ID#0123456789</long> tag of chickens 3 and 4 out of Coop A's <animalsThatLiveHere> tag. Not sure how they got there, but taking them out seems to have fixed the problem...

• Daysrollingby

Daysrollingby Space Hobo

Alright, thank you so much for your help!

• Nakiamiir

Nakiamiir Guest

1.3.15 bugs:
            • I was able to break a chest with items in it, then placing it down made it empty (lose everything).
              • I removed the content of the chest to it, then removed that chest normally. After that, I removed the chest with about 6~8 items in it with my pickaxe without having to remove items. I could not continue doing that for my other chests.
            • My farmhand got a quest about a magnifying glass thingy, but I've never gotten. My farmhand is basically the only one who can see and do the related activity.
            • My farmhand reported sunny bg music during rainy weather.
            • Horse breaks often for farmhand after dismounting and doing something. Not able to re-mount it unless they change zone.

• Heikko

Heikko Space Hobo

Hi
              My friend has some game crash after 1 day of winter (there is some cutscene before this)
              Im host and there are my and her save files
              (Second friend dosent have such issue)

Attached Files:

• M.zip
                  File size:
                  501.7 KB
                  Views:
              • Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

See here (and my other post that one links to).

Fixed. I only put the relevant save in the zip, make sure you extract it into the right place.

Attached Files:

Heikko likes this.
                • Vanessi

Vanessi Yeah, You!

I am having issues with the fridge in the kitchen ( first expansion ). Everytime i put items in there they disappear completely the next time that log out and join the farm again :(

• JapJum

JapJum Yeah, You!

1.3.15 problems that we found:
                    - farmhand often cannot get back on her horse after getting off.
                    - often sounds of one player also come out of the other players pc, even when not on the same map (sounds such as mooing cows, chopping trees, galloping horse)
                    - farmhand's fishing tackle's run out after 1 use ( note i have not tried this for the host player)
                    - farmhand's horse's hat ( green bowtie) dissapeared once
                    - farmhand got a letter saying her secret gift for the winter star festival should be for clint, when we got to the festival she could only give something to caroline.
                    - large crate areas in the mines always look empty for host, but drops appear when i go there and slash my sword. (invisible crates)
                    - farmhand often sees tooltips about bringing items to gunther when we already put them there
                    - farmhand cannot see up to date info about what items are still missing in the community center menu from the inventory

• TasDingo

TasDingo Yeah, You!

I have the exact same problem. It might be, because I didn't get to see the cutscene when the community center has been fully rebuild (all bundles completed), as the host triggered it while I was selling stuff to Pierre in his shop (had the Buy / Sell menu open). So I also didn't receive Pierre's letter where he tells us he has opened all year round now. Another farmhand did see the cutscene though, as he was "only" running around on the farm at that time and he can enter Pierre's shop on Wednesdays just fine.

• Frundan

Frundan Space Spelunker

Skeletons show a speech icon during Spirit's Eve.
                        upload_2018-6-3_18-36-59.png

Even in the latest beta build, forage items still occasionally spawn on unreachable places, though a lot more rarely than before.

upload_2018-6-3_18-38-31.png upload_2018-6-3_18-39-6.png

edit: this just happened. When getting on the horse, the standing sprite of the farmer is directly put onto the horse and stays like it. When changing directions, the horse sprite stays the same without actually looking the way it's going.
                        upload_2018-6-3_18-41-46.png

• gtasthehunter

gtasthehunter Intergalactic Tourist

This happens way to often, they should just remove the grass in unreachable places.

• faithstark11

faithstark11 Yeah, You!

• Items still disappear from the fridge in the farmhand's house.
                            • The flooring/wallpaper changes whenever someone enters a farmhand's house, but the host's house is fine.

• Kutsuragi

Kutsuragi Space Hobo

Hello, whenever I try to join my host with our Coop game, my game crashes. It says that I joined on his chat but I immediately go ''offline'' again.

• _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

@Kutsuragi Could you please upload your error log and the hosts save file?

• sc305495

sc305495 Space Hobo

The dude in the sewer will let you buy 1/ week items multiple times by just talking to him over and over.

• BlueAmaranth

BlueAmaranth Void-Bound Voyager

Guessing these marriage bugs have been reported already, but just in case:

1. Player's spouses respond to anyone who talks to them with marriage dialogue (e.g. "wow I love this marriage pendant you gave me when you married me, dear spouse of mine"), not just their actual spouse.
                                    2. Two of my farmhands are married, and when their spouses are in the outdoor spouse area they are just kind of layered on top of each other, flickering. They don't do their normal animations, and only one of them is "accessible" for talking and gift-giving. In this game, the spouses in question are Abigail and Leah, and Abigail (the one who was married first) is the only one who can be interacted with.

faithstark11 likes this.
                                    • SquarelyCircle

SquarelyCircle Cosmic Narwhal

I fell asleep in the mines and was killed by enemies afterward. In the morning, the screen was black, and while other players were able to see what was going on, I could only hear my footsteps.

• emma_413

emma_413 Space Hobo

I tried giving Sam a present on his birthday even though it said he had gotten two gifts already. This seemingly reset the counter and only one of the boxes was marked after I gave it to him. However, I wanted to test it, so I tried to give him another gift a few days later. It was still in the week of his birthday and the counter only indicated that he had received one gift, but the "you have already given [name] two gifts this week" dialogue still triggered when I talked to him, and it won't allow him to accept the gift.

I saw you also recommended editing the code, but I wasn't sure how to do that. Is it possible the issue will resolve if I opt out of the beta?

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

If you now wait until the next week, it should reset like normal. And once you've used a save with beta, you won't be able to use it with 1.2 again.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.