Modding Discussion question about ship music

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by CBWX, May 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CBWX

CBWX Pangalactic Porcupine

is there away to edit music to ships. like give a theme that plays when your on your ship.

2. CBWX

bump*

3. CBWX

bump*

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

sorry, but stop with the bumps. plus, it is highly discouraged to bump a thread without any progress posts

5. CBWX

the lack of progress is why i'm bumping. :/

6. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

I understand that, but the last ship related question I made took a week to be replied to without a single bump. you made 2 bumps in 4 days

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  7. PistolRcks

PistolRcks Void-Bound Voyager

I've got kind of a silly idea, but it might just fit your purposes. What you could do is make the captain's chair (assets/objects/ship/humancaptainschair/humancaptainschair.object, or whatever race you wish to change) play music, in a similar vein as to how the Hylotl dance club deck (assets/objects/hylotl/clubdecks/clubdecks.object) plays music (or, now that I think about it, any other placed instrument or music player in the game, such as the Floran's drums).
    It seems the thing you might be looking to change is near the end of clubdecks.object (on line 86):
    Code:
    "soundEffect" : "/sfx/objects/clubdecks1.ogg"
    See if you can add the "soundEffect" key to the captain's chair item (of course, changing the path to wherever you're going to put the audio file).

8. CBWX

late reply.

i don't see anything like that anywhere.

and to be honest i don't really under stand what you mean ^^;

9. Magmatico

Magmatico Void-Bound Voyager

basically what he's saying is that you should add this piece of code into captain's ship file. it will give it sound. even if you dont see anything like that anywhere, you can just copy the template by PistolRcks