Dev Blog Starbound at EGX Rezzed

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Katzeus, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

An Android version of Starbound seems very, very unlikely.

The Squid likes this.
  2. Waffle1311

Waffle1311 Void-Bound Voyager

Another method of quickly trashing away your items is to find a merchant and selling everything you don't need, including the ones without any price. I found it to be a more comfortable and quicker alternative to trashing stuff \o/

davoker and Xylia like this.
  3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Only thing, is it requires you to travel to a merchant. Whereas an incinerator or similar, you could carry with you and plunk it down anytime you needed it.

Waffle1311 likes this.
  4. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks, I'll see how it works and see if I can use the incinerator for my personal use, I like the idea.

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Please don't copy it verbatim without asking Sayter, though as that would be bad form. My intention was more to give you an idea of where to start, so that you could make your own that functions similar rather than copying and pasting what you find on GitHub.

6. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Now, I'm just going to see how it works, to know how it works is necessary to learn, copy and paste does not help me, so I do not learn, to learn you have to understand first hehe

PaxCallow and Faser like this.
  7. IIHawkerII

IIHawkerII Space Hobo

Well that's a huge disappointment...
    The Bounty Hunting system was my most anticipated update for the game and something I'd have loved to do.

8. Silver200x

Silver200x Subatomic Cosmonaut

Its one of the only games my laptop plays. that i enjoy, i have in the past defended, them regarding impatience of content & complexed nature of writing a good game, i just feel an updated blog, even just a hello is good for me and you. it boosts sales people see they actually exist. they may not be obligated to release updates past 1.0, but as a general rule of thumb its done. my gripe is advertising a feature then calling it a "tacked on feature" all mods are "tacked" on features right. the bounty hunter system looked pretty cool on the animations,

they should just release the bounty hunter update and let us decide if its good. or even as an "official mod" get feedback and modify as required!

also consider this scenario, if i was looking into buying Starbound and I looked at the blog and read that, would you buy the game?? i think you where better to not say anything at all.

Ickura likes this.
  9. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I hear u, but I gotta agree with @ManicRykker. The bounty-hunting feature looked cool in the GIFs they've posted, but so did the mech update, and that is pretty much universally accepted as a 'tacked-on' feature. I personally think it's fun, but other than space dungeons, I can barely use my mech for anything else. I think Chucklefish is trying to learn from past mistakes; rather than releasing a bounty-hunting system that exists only within itself, they want to release something that adds on to the classic Starbound experience. Would I love to see a re-worked version of the bounty-hunting system in the future? yea, but I'd rather have it enhance my experience than give me a mere ~twenty minutes of gameplay.

Ickura and DraikNova like this.
  10. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

It'd be impossible for them to release it as an "official mod", considering that some of the features it introduces clearly involve the addition of several features to the modding API.

11. Str4ng3Pl4y3r

Str4ng3Pl4y3r Space Hobo

it's that hard to fix the lag issues in the game?

12. 5future

5future Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope this xbox port thingie will end up in split screen suport for PC users so they can play with other friends, family or wife/huband etc... without the need for another copy of starbound and another pc... you know what i mean.

13. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Alas, how soon is very soon...has there been any updates elsewhere?

14. GuyDangerous555

GuyDangerous555 Void-Bound Voyager

If I'm not mistaken it's been over a year since the last update...

15. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Just wait until the small update comes... Let's just wait, that's all we can do.

16. Narwhalmelon

Narwhalmelon Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much. I will be so happy when it releases on consoles (if it potentially will release on Switch hopefully) because my computer is too old to play and I have over 85 hours in Starbound so I am sad that I cannot play it but there is hope yet.

17. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Phantasmal Quasar

Question, then. Does the game know the weather elsewhere on the same planet? Seems like it used to be a thing that crops could only be watered while actually onscreen. At some point, the game got better at having crops grow while far away, but I'm not sure what changed, exactly. So say I'm on the other side of the planet, and it's raining. Does the game decide that it's raining on my farm too, even if it's not modelling it?

18. TurquoiseJELLO

TurquoiseJELLO Poptop Tamer

Yeah that would be nice. Do you know if it will be split screen for Xbox though?

19. Tindome

Tindome Big Damn Hero

"felt like more of an ‘attached feature’" Because the whole mech thing does not feel like a sidetrack. AT ALL... -.-' or the space trading thing, where you can trade literally only 3 things and that's it. Or the playable arcade machine that's more like an easter egg. Yet nevertheless they are fun! I'm sad they decided to drop it. Attached or not, side activity or not, having options to do in the endgame is always a great thing.

20. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Coming up on the ol' two month mark between blog posts... :DD

Kumpel likes this.