1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

It's all work in progress. The client dropping is only a temporary solution.

• kiracookie

kiracookie Void-Bound Voyager

Using the current beta release through Steam, playing solo, I entered the Stardew Valley Fair fishing mini-game. I tried to start fishing (maybe too quickly?) and couldn't re-cast my line and the casting power bar wouldn't disappear. I could press the Escape key only to reduce the timer for the minigame to 0:00 only to have a soft-lock on the game. (music kept playing, things animated, but couldn't press any keys to do any actions or to exit). I manually had to close the game by other means.
      I'm about to re-load my game and see if I can replicate the issue.

EDIT: Sure does happen again. It may be due to the fact that I'm too eager to start the mini-game and have no patience, but I can replicate the issue. It also allows me to open another window of the game which I thought was weird...

Last edited: May 31, 2018
        Espina87 likes this.

100100101 Void-Bound Voyager

So I'm having a different bug with my friends in the multiplayer for Stardew Valley Fair. A lot of people are reporting a bug with the minigames soft-locking them, but our issue is slightly different. For us, we keep getting crashes whenever someone finishes one of the 2 minigames, and it's usually random on who crashes. This might relate to the soft-lock since we are using several mods and SMAPI, but there's nothing that specifically interacts with fishing or shooting so we're unsure why we keep crashing. It might be a replacement of the soft-lock that keeps happening for vanilla beta multiplayer games, or it could be a different issue.

Everything we do and a few things to note before we crash:
        We're playing with 4 players total.
        We name a Void Chick (Names were different throughout several plays of this groundhogs day).
        We go in with our equipment (Not sure if it takes our original equipment once the minigame is done, but in case this might be the issue, we want to include everything that might cause this issue).
        We only water crops, harvest them, and turn them in (We turn in specifically 2 Ancient Fruit, 7 Eggplants, 1 Blackberry Jelly, 6 Cave Carrots, and 2 Corn).
        We go to the Fair and put Lewis' Purple Shorts in the display.
        One of us plays the minigame, and either none of us crash, 2 of us crash, or 3 of us crash. The Host remains unaffected.
        When we crash, the sprites for some of the objects in the surrounding area disappear 0.5 to 2 secs before the crash(Either half of an object like one of the tents or a whole object like a full grange display). Most of the surrounding will remain. The game instantly closes if we crash out.
        I got a few glimpses of when someone was finished with the shooting minigame. During the shooting minigame, it seems that the character avatar that gets recalled has the slingshot pulled back to where they had it when the time up sound happened and was in the scoring screen (this was the host of the game that finished). We all crashed, except host. (I also think their model was oriented in a way that they were exiting the tent w/ slingshot because they'd otherwise be aiming the slingshot north to shoot the targets vs. south when they were exiting the minigame, not sure if that contributed to it).
        One note on when I crashed is that someone hooked a fish when I finished my fishing minigame and I crashed (I could see them catching the fish with the meter and bobbing fish), followed by them crashing as well. This instance of us crashing was only those who played the minigame, but this was an unusual one. Neither of us were the host.
        Nothing else crashes the game. The Green/Orange betting game, the strength game, etc. Only the minigames.

Our Full List of mods w/ SMAPI (because I don't think anything interacts with these minigames in any meaningful way to cause the game to crash specifically with the mods):
        ConsoleCommands (Comes by default)
        FastAnimations
        JunimoDepositAnywhere
        LevelUpNotifications
        TimeSpeed

My apologies if this post is a waste of time because we're using mods with SMAPI, but I'm not sure if anyone else might be having this issue as well, but I wanted to contribute anyways to check.

• carlotta4th

carlotta4th Intergalactic Tourist

Just downloaded the beta today. Not sure what save file details are relevant so here's the general rundown: used existing singleplayer world in the most current public build (only started the world about a week ago so it's very fresh). Multiplayer Beta version was patched into this world on year 1 around Winter 24. Here are the bugs I've discovered so far:

Beta bugs:
          • [Notable bug] Lewis's purple shorts quest. Upon picking up the shorts another pair was still lying on the ground--I exited the house then re-entered and they were still there so I picked them up again upon which they finally disappeared and I had 2x pairs of shorts in my inventory.
          • [Notable bug] Music in secret woods went away. Not sure what triggered it but it seems to be permanently gone no matter how many days go by.
          • [Visual bug] Riding horses (player is not just standing next to the horse in that image, they are in the act of riding). If you pick up an item and then ride the horse immediately after sometimes the animation breaks and the player will look "standing" while the horse is stuck in the running forwards animation (even if you're riding the horse a different direction). This isn't a game breaking bug since going to a new screen corrects the issue, but it has happened to me twice so far so it does seem like a bug that is relatively easy to run into.
          • [Character issue] If you give Krobus a gift on Friday he will speak (as opposed to his usual "silent on friday in respect of Yoba" thing).
          "Current build" bugs (ran into in the current build before beta was installed, so not sure if it was fixed in beta yet or not):
          • [Notable bug] Ice fishing competition Upon my first cast in the ice fishing competition the character promptly froze in the "casting" position and I could do nothing else until the time ran out. Others online who have also experienced this bug theorize that it happens if you are a step or two away from the hole, and may have something to do with the lure falling on a "non fishing" spot... but regardless it's a very annoying bug to have to sit out the whole competition because your character froze.

I hope these bug reports help!

• silentgrace7

silentgrace7 Poptop Tamer

Just crashed trying to enter the Secret Forest area for the first time. I'll fiddle around on other save files to see if it's crashing in general, or just specifically crashing when it hasn't been accessed yet, but here's my crash log for now.

Attached Files:

• Maxles

Maxles Intergalactic Tourist

I'm not sure if someone reported this one already, but in multiplayer, for non-host players, the artifacts description doesn't update once it's already donated to the museum for example: An artifact that hasn't been donated to the museum should have a description like "Bring this artifact to Gunther..." but the bug is that after you donate it and find the same artifact again, the description is the same even though it should've been updated after donating it.

• TCMemoire

TCMemoire Void-Bound Voyager

So, I've been keeping a list of MULTIPLAYER bugs/glitches/other things! I'm really good at breaking technology on accident so I'm a great test bunny.

I am not the host player, I am playing via Steam on Windows 10 Home, 64-bit OS with 64x processor, vanilla. Game is currently in Year 1 with 3 players total. Now playing on most current version, but because this is a list, I'll note what day and approx. time the bug occurred on, because my game would have been at the live version available on Steam at that time. (All times in CST)
                1. May 25: In Linus' new cutscene where you can invite him to your farm, "rhythm" is spelled wrong (I think it appears as "rhythym").
                2. May 25, 8:00 PM: Crash straight to desktop immediately after Leah's 2-heart cutscene ends. Cutscene could not be triggered again, although subsequent ones are available. (See first attachment)
                3. May 25, 9:00 PM: Crash straight to desktop immediately after Emily's 2-heart cutscene ends. Cutscene could not be triggered again, although subsequent ones are available. (See second attachment)
                4. May 26, 10:00 PM: Crash straight to desktop after concluding the fishing minigame at Stardew Valley Fair, Year 1. No one had won Stardrops yet, the grange had not been judged, and I was the first to try the minigame. Host and other player were unaffected by this first crash, although after she finished the fishing minigame on reload, the other connected player and I both experienced a loss of connection and were sent to title screen. (See third attachment for first crash file)
                5. Current: Player 2 can't access most of the Community Center Bundle menu from the Inventory menu. The scrolling arrows for viewing different bundles don't work.
                6. Current: Pet dog shoots across the screen at supersonic speed, phasing through objects and buildings and solid walls. Does this seemingly at random every few days, but is most noticeable up by the water bowl area.
                7. Current: Horse gets stuck facing right and won't let the player mount. This happens frequently, multiple times a day. Exiting to a different area (including entering/exiting a house) resolves the issue.
                8. Current: Donated items retain "Gunther can tell you more about this if you donate it to the museum" text, even after donation by the same or other players.
                9. Current: Items in Player 2's refrigerator disappearing. Just, poof, out of existence. This happens after being in there for at least a day, when I wake up and check it what was in there is gone. No cooking is being done, but non-edible items have also been stored in there. The glitch does not discriminate and just does a clean sweep of the fridge.
                10. Current: This might just be Abigail working normally, but.... see the screenshot attached below.... My host's game froze at this time and we restarted the day, only to see her doing the same thing. She was gone from bed when I woke up and was already there at the crack of dawn, but she had fed the animals. Later in the day, she came back down (didn't actually see her fall off the cliff) and was normal.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2018
                • Tsukimagi

Tsukimagi Intergalactic Tourist

Version 1.3.14 :

Hello ! I'm sorry but I have the bug with the tackle who break after one use, I didn't have this bug before...

Also I noticed that the player 1 and the player 2 didn't have the same earnings at the end of the day ! I supposed it's because we didn't have the same professions ! Is it possible to fix that ?

The game disconnect me at the end of the first event with Maru in the labo (I just had "Stardew Valley stopped working")

Finally, when we have an event with a villager or if we play at the game in the bar, the time is not stopped. It's caused many problems, especially in the first event with Abigail when we played the game in coop. It took me all the day while I first came for buying seeds...

I'm the player 2 and I can't see all the bundle in my menu, the arrows doesn't work !

Thank you for your working, you're the best !

• Flaghead

Flaghead Intergalactic Tourist

I'm having a weird bug that's been happening since after I updated it most recently where after about 30 or 40 seconds, the server disconnects all the players in the server except the host. Is this just a latency issue or some other thing?

• xiaoqu5en

xiaoqu5en Yeah, You!

Not a bug, but please have separate income please!

• Katalaeia

Katalaeia Master Chief

This is a known thing, the host's professions are the ones that count for the shipping box currently. As a workaround, other players' professions do count if they sell directly to a vendor.

• Bellatrix7

Bellatrix7 Intergalactic Tourist

Not sure if this happens on multiplayer beta as well, but the Shrine of Selfishness seems to be broken.

I've tried 3 times and my children are still in the house.

Considering the low drop rate on Prismatic Shards, this is getting extremely frustrating.

Can you please look into it?

• Maiorika

Maiorika Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know if this is a bug but I was playing with a friend on their farm a few days. I gave the guy in the truck a rabbit's foot and got the special charm. I was disconnected from the game after that and my friend saved the game. The special charm is gone for me now and I can't seem to get it again.

• parabolic paradise

parabolic paradise Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey there! Just wanted to report that grubs are still bugged in the latest beta release. When they take enough damage to activate their panic state they become intangible (unable to hurt you or be hurt themselves), and when you swipe at their cocoon it neither shows the '0' damage marker nor plays the accompanying sound.

• SquarelyCircle

SquarelyCircle Cosmic Narwhal

Glitch with a controller:
                                When in a dialogue selection list, like the TV, using the D-pad moves the cursor, but not the selection. So pressing A will select the first item no matter where you moved the cursor. To move the selection, you have to use the left stick. If you use the D-pad, and then use the left stick, it picks up from where the D-pad left off.

• Kornephoros

Kornephoros Space Hobo

Hi, I'm not sure if this has already been reported, but:

In version 1.3.15 + Multiplayer, if my character is in the spa, and I press escape to go to the menus, my character does not heal energy, but time still passes. I haven't verified if this also occurs in the bed. I was playing as the host in the game, with two other players. I did not check if my coplayers had the same issue.

• theflyingslovak

theflyingslovak Void-Bound Voyager

There is a bug where if you have two horses in multiplayer, and the non host player is riding the horse around and gets off, the horse cannot be ridden by either player for either an unknown amount of time or until the next day. Not sure what causes this.

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Are you using any mods - devs suspect there may be a conflict with some crop mod causing this one

• Chay

Chay Intergalactic Tourist

A few more minor ones!

-Marrying another player: When a farmhand proposes to the host, the host's wedding scene will have the farmhand positioned slightly higher during the ceremony. It's not a big deal it looks odd when they kiss.
                                        -I'm not sure if it's intentional, but when someone collects hay it shows the counter in the bottom left for all players.

• _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

Updated list of bugs after the 1.3.15 hotfix. Be sure your game is up to date (shows 1.3.15 in the lower left corner in main screen after clicking the questionmark in the lower right corner).

Updated list of bugs after the 1.3.14 hotfix. Be sure your game is up to date (shows 1.3.14 in the lower left corner in main screen after clicking the questionmark in the lower right corner).

Updated list of bugs after the 1.3.13 hotfix. Be sure your game is up to date (shows 1.3.13 in the lower left corner in main screen after clicking the questionmark in the lower right corner).

I've taken the time to hopefuly list up most of the (recently) reported, but not fixed bugs (they aren't listed as beeing investigated, in development or in need of more details).

I'ill put them in three categories:
                                          major bugs - such as crashes and game breaking glitches
                                          minor bugs - sound, graphics, positioning and so on
                                          might be intended - nobody knows but the devs
                                          Please be aware that I can't list up every single bug, especialy those only reported once and might not be reproducible.

Major bugs:
                                          • Getting stuck at the fishing game at the Stardew Fair (character won't move and interact, after the timer hits 00:00 you are stuck forever) - seems like the character interaction is just disabled like in cutscenes or while riding on the bus?
                                            • Getting also stuck at the slingshot game (didn't happen to me, but has also been reported).
                                          • Most of the items you try to rearrange at the museum will disappear the next day.
                                          • Client game sometimes crashes while the host is in the daily result screen for too long.
                                          • Client game crashes as soon the farmhand tries to set a new home for a farm animal.
                                          • If a farmhand gives Clint a tool for upgrading, the tool is lost if the farmhand disconnects before sleeping/saving.
                                          • Game gets stuck at the end of the Emily 10 heart forest event.
                                          • Completing the community center leads to getting stuck at the cutscene and/or won't give you the benefits (achievement, friendship, Pierre's shop opened on wednesdays).
                                          • The game randomly crashes when entering the secret woods.
                                          Minor bugs:
                                          • Need to go outside to get the daily result screen after sleeping in the main house.
                                          • Pets and children running through walls and beyond.
                                          • Only the host gets the correct information of which artefacts have already been donated to Gunther.
                                          • When players are fishing, random fishing lines will stretch across the screen.
                                          • Sometimes it will say we've given someone a gift already when trying to hand them the item for the first time. The item is used and we get the regular dialogue afterwards but it shows the 'already given' message upon interaction.
                                          • Floors and wallpapers still getting mixed up! This happened to us after someone decorated his house and another player entered it afterwards.
                                          • Possibility to duplicate items by 2 players simultaneously run to a droped item.
                                          • Spouses not acting like they should (staying indoors all day, not leaving for their normal schedule).
                                          • NPCs will sometimes just stop what they're doing; Jaz will just stand under the tree instead of jumping rope, Penny just stopped in the middle of the bridge.
                                          • The pets water bowl is not sync with the clients.
                                          • Having a different gift recipient then you have been told at the Feast of the Winter Star.
                                          • Daily profit for farmhand and host are showing different numbers/calculating different.
                                          • Some farm animals get stuck outside and refuse to go back inside for several days.
                                          • Mayors shorts can be picked up multiple times.
                                          • Robins axe can be picked up multiple times.
                                          • Still beeing able to get access to the skull cavern on mine level 120 by putting stone fences or stone shields on the ground and blow them away withy any kind of bomb.
                                          • Kegs/preserve jars/mayonnaise machines instantly finish after swapping finished items with new one.
                                          • Garbage bins can be looted several times by going inside in between.
                                          • Clipping issues while riding the horse might get you stuck.
                                          • Animal mood drain after 6PM except in winter with a heater.
                                          • Animal moods overflow to near 0 when you have the lvl 10 animal profession and pet them.
                                          • Today one of my farmhands married and I just had a black screen with the text boxes at the bottom (her game was fine). Did not happen to us before 1.3.13.
                                          • If You play "Journey of The Prarie King" until you pass out at night you will wake up with both that music and the normal one.
                                          • Farm animals sounds are heard by everone everywhere when interacting with them.
                                          • It is possible to buy an infinite amount of Iridium Sprinklers on Friday from Krobus.
                                          • Upgraded Farmhand cabin fridge empties out each log out.
                                          • Return scepter used by the host teleports farmhands back as well.
                                          • When any player stays out too late, all players pass out even if they are already in bed. Everyone gets reduced stats the next day, even if they had full energy bar by 2am.
                                          • Unable to get Shanes blue chickens.
                                          • Rain does not fill the pets dish.
                                          • Farmhands are able to kill the armored flying bugs in the mines.
                                          • All chests in the mines can be looted again in SP.
                                          • The grubs in the mine getting invincible for the host after some hits.
                                          • If host player goes to bed when a client is creating a new character, the client player will be unnamed.
                                          • After completing the fishtank in the community center the big rock disappears, you'll get the event with Willy and the copper pan the next day as well, but there will never be any glitter in the river/pond to use the pan.
                                          • Everyone sees the hay collecting tooltip in the lower left corner if someone collects hay.
                                          • Some tackles still will break instantly on the first bite. Happened to me with the tackles I got at the ice fishing event. Also seems to happen when you give a crafted or bought tackle to your farmhand.
                                          • Horses glitching around or aren't mountable (mostly for farmhands).
                                          • Hearing the raining sound in desert buildings.
                                          • Crashing when resizing the window.
                                          • Client crashes when trying to access the Junimo hut.
                                          • Crap pots seems to be empty and are unaccessable for the host ("Inventory full" message) after a farmhand put bait in it.
                                          • Gifting does not reset properly on sundays in converted 1.2 save files.
                                          • Donating artefacts to the museum sometimes won't give you the rusty key.
                                          • Breaking boxes and barrels in the mine will sometimes result in double/tripple loot.
                                          • Luau music not playing at the Luau festival.
                                          • Farmhands sometimes get the same level up popups several nights in a row.
                                          • Changing your gender in character creation will also change your skin color.
                                          • Visual glitches when resizing the window in main menu.
                                          • Animal feeding does not work all the time. The grain disappears but the animals complain the next day.
                                          • Multiple spouses using the little spot next to the main house will result in overlapping textures and glitches.
                                          • The new alternate break up possibility is broken and will result in the usual one.
                                          • Rotating large furniture can result in having two different textures on it (see attached picture).
                                          • Playing Prairie King till 2am in multiplayer won't knock you out.
                                          • Whenever the host enters the mines, the mine music is triggered for the clients as well.
                                          • Shrine of Selfishness is not working.
                                          • Players in the spa sometimes won't get healed.
                                          Might be intended:
                                          • Every player can catch a copy of each legendary fish.
                                          • Skull Cavern is spawning ladders for some players and sinkholes for others in their spot, happening repeatedly on multiple floors.
                                          • Arcade games in the saloons are impossible to beat because time doesn't pause.
                                          • Different luck chances for host and clients.
                                          • Unable to reset levels in the mine by going up and down with the elevator/stairs.
                                          Still adding more...

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.