Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mominthevalley

mominthevalley Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know if someone requested this, but for my own use I converted this: Flowery Fences Dark Recolored Wood. Thought I would share it because I've been keeping up on this thread and I think someone else might use it.

As per other people's disclaimers, I'm okay with it being used by the OC or taken down per their request. The recoloring and fences are not mine. I just converted it to work with Content Patcher. And it is set to use pink flowers for spring, blue for summer, and none for fall or winter. SO it's technically a partial conversion. If someone wanted to finish the job or has a better idea of how to do it, I won't object.

Attached:

Attached Files:

lpvinyl21 likes this.
    • gxrlxn

gxrlxn Master Chief

I was just wondering if I can have this mod and also Mal's Sebastian Expansion with Post Marriage Event cause I took a look on the Flirty Bachelors and I loved it!

Also, is it possible to translate those kind of mods just changing the text between the "" in the content.json file?

• rhymi

rhymi Void-Bound Voyager

this already is content patcher compatible? im using it right now

• novayazemlya

novayazemlya Void-Bound Voyager

thank you so much for taking the time to help me!! i added in the bracket, and now smapi is telling me this; https://ibb.co/nCnacd did i put it in the right spot or should it be on the previous line or something??

• Terreoak

Terreoak Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I'm interested in your version of the mod, I've got a bug with Moragaine's one. Thank you in advance!

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

hmmm it says it found a period, and there def should not be one... apparently i was a clutz doing this one
              not at my computer, but ill take a look. if you want, you can look for any period in the file, change it to a comma and try again

• novayazemlya

from what i'm seeing it looks like it's saying that the unexpected character is a quotation mark ("). i did a little experiment and deleted the quotation mark and this was the result: https://ibb.co/g153Vy so somehow it's always reading the character on line 7 and position 1 as an unexpected character. i am honestly stumped at this point w my very limited knowledge of modding.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Terreoak, what problem are you having with the mod I put up? I'd like to be able to fix it..

• Terreoak

Terreoak Void-Bound Voyager

Basically when I want to go to sleep my character doesn't, I can walk around in the house with the screen slightly darker and if I try to get out I go to sleep, then when I wake up my character is outside the house.
                    If I go to sleep in a cabin, there's no problem.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

I see! The first version of the mod I put up had that problem(I wasn't aware of what was causing me to not sleep). The other versions I have put up have that fixed.

Terreoak likes this.
                      • MsIllusiveGG

MsIllusiveGG Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you! You are SO kind!

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

wow geez... I literally didn't put a comma at the end of 4 different lines... wtf was I doing on this one?
                          edit - and then I posted the wrong version....

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2018
                            PandaNikita likes this.
                          • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

made a compilation of Zhuria's animal retextures -

Attached Files:

• novayazemlya

me again, blowing this thread up with my technical issues! now smapi is like: https://ibb.co/kjptyJ does the map work fine in your game @Allayna , is it possible that i'm just fudging something up???

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Alright, so I've been clutzy on most of my conversions, reposting them here.

Attached Files:

lucialt, ely779, netish and 2 others like this.
                                • novayazemlya

works perfectly now, thank you so much for your trouble!!!

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Bleh, i made my own trouble on these, shoulda paid more attention first time through :p
                                    enjoy!

• Setara253

Setara253 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey guys, can any of you possibly make the get dressed mod into a CP file? The author was going to do it but hasn't posted anything new in the past month

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

GetDressed can't be turned into a CP mod. It adds functions to the game itself. Last I heard, they were working on getting it updated.

• Valience85

Valience85 Void-Bound Voyager

Just want to point out that you changed the iron gates to load when "Gate: iron" but left the valid parameters for gate as "wood, metal". Took me a sec to figure out why the fences loaded but the gates were still vanilla. :D

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.