Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orion and Dog

Orion and Dog Void-Bound Voyager

2. MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

My post was a reply to someone asking about the "Bathroom After 2nd House Upgrade mod" (original) which I had made a Content Patcher version for back in March.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Here ya go! It includes all 3 variations, it defaults to the original version, you can choose from the other two in the config after running the mod once.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2018
      • Orion and Dog

Orion and Dog Void-Bound Voyager

Wow! That was so fast! Thank you so much for being awesome :)

• sonreirblah

sonreirblah Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks for this! I wonder if it will also work for the items you have to get for the secret notes?

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

huh?

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

He's probably talking about Karmylla's Immersive Map Edits. :)

• Stilesy

Stilesy Void-Bound Voyager

Has anyone considered to convert this mod so far?

Also I have a bug with the New Skin CP Version. When loading the game SMAPI tells me he skipps the mod because it doesn't have a manifest. Well... it actually doesn't. I don't know anything about this. Did I download the wrong file or can I copy another manifest? I guess I can't because there is exclusive information in it...

I have a third question (sorry 8D):
                Is it no longer possible to change only ONE of the two sprites offered with the CPs? I always choose different options before when we still exchanged xnb files. o.o

Thank you for doing all this work! :D

• andiluxe

andiluxe Phantasmal Quasar

• DealWitchIt

DealWitchIt Orbital Explorer

@flameofnight I am having the weirdest glitch regarding joykiller91's Enhanced Dialog conversions you did (though I am 100% convinced this is a flaw of the original mod). If they're installed, the game won't save/crashes when I go to sleep the day before my wedding. I can only assume there's an error (maybe a double file/broken trigger condition?) that borks the game when it tries to load post-wedding dialog.

EDIT: I had it staring me right in the face the whole time; the issue is (probably) Abigail and there's a solution on the original mod page. Abigail's dialog borks for fall Saturdays... and my wedding is in fall on Saturday. Let's see if I can follow directions and fix it on my own. :p

Last edited: May 25, 2018
                  • PennyRoyalTea

PennyRoyalTea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could someone be an angel and make this one available for CP? It's something minor but I'd really make my day <3

Nawaria likes this.
                    • MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

@sapphire-sass : Here's an updated "Bathroom After Second House Upgrade" for the beta. I downloaded tIDE and did my best to remove the hardcoded fireplace and update the bed tiles. It's been only minimally tested, and me trying a map editor feels like a child given the keys to the Ferrari, so please let me know if there are any problems.

EDIT: Note that this is only for version 1.3; those playing 1.2 should still use the previous content pack from this post.

EDIT #2: Small update (unofficial.3) changing a couple "Load" actions into "EditImages" since I found out Content Patcher will automatically resize. This will make it more compatible with other mods that alter the base farmhouse_tiles.

EDIT #3: Another update (unofficial.4) which renamed tilesheet so that it will actually load from content data rather than always using the local file. This makes it possible for other content packs to modify the textures.

EDIT #4: Attachment has been removed as a new unofficial update has been posted by another updater at https://community.playstarbound.com...tardew-valley-1-4.156000/page-25#post-3354247

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
                        AnnieMania, hiabara, Starain and 9 others like this.
                      • rawrmei96

rawrmei96 Void-Bound Voyager

• Emtu

Emtu Subatomic Cosmonaut

Tub o' Flowers Color Varieties

I know I already did one of these, but I didn't realize at the time that it was part of a larger set of mods, with one converted into an XNB version for 1.3. This one is set up with a config file, where the color can be changed. The list of colors is in the readme (and it's also the names of the png files in the assets folder.)

Original creator is welcome to use, message me if you want it taken down, etc.

Attached Files:

• acornfaerie

acornfaerie Void-Bound Voyager

These are so pretty, I'll do them now.
                          Edit: Here you go. Brought the well, gold clock and earth/water obelisks over to Overgrown Fairy Buildings from Enchanted Garden Buildings since there aren’t any assets for them. Also included lightlytoasted's mill and shed assets in Overgrown Fairy Buildings.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2018
                            Zennyy, sawpaw2020, Nappi and 6 others like this.
                          • ViewtifulGui

ViewtifulGui Big Damn Hero

• Emtu

Emtu Subatomic Cosmonaut

Based on the existing CP conversion of Burnt Sienna Wood and Gold Shipping Bin and Mailbox (which I streamlined the content.json of, with the use of {{season}}) I combined it with conversions of Wooden Mushroom Boxes and Burnt Sienna Wood and Gold Craftables, plus a separate one of just the vanilla-colored Wooden Mushroom Boxes. (Note: It's based on the 1.3 version of the first mod, as I use the beta so I don't have 1.2 to test with.)

I did the flower tub in such a way that's it's compatible with the Tub o Flowers Color Varieties conversion I did a few posts up.

[​IMG]

Original creator is welcome to use, message me if you want it taken down, etc.

SchrodingersKit likes this.
                            • plashy

plashy Void-Bound Voyager

• Ausmanthus

Ausmanthus Void-Bound Voyager

plashy and blouwho? like this.
                            • plashy

plashy Void-Bound Voyager

Ausmanthus likes this.
                            Thread Status: