1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormygio

stormygio Void-Bound Voyager

Despite being on version 1.3.13, I (my friend's farmhand) am still experiencing an issue where my fishing tackle disappears after one use.

• skyshipsailing

skyshipsailing Intergalactic Tourist

Me again. I have a problem with my fridge. After I disconnect and reconnect, my food just disappears. Help Please.

• _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

@stormygio known problem, is in development.
        @skyshipsailing known problem, if you are a farmhand(client). Otherwise please report again.

• sapphire-sass

sapphire-sass Void-Bound Voyager

I'm also having the problem reported by a few others here: once I go to bed for the night, I can still move around the house and have to go outside in order to trigger the day changeover. However, on my end this was caused by having the upgraded XNB mod "Bathroom After Second House Upgrade" installed. Once I removed it, everything worked as usual. I'll also be mentioning this to the person who updated this mod in the XNB upgrade thread. There's also been discussion in that thread about a basement mod causing the same issue.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
          • Jodo42

Jodo42 Space Hobo

Game is still crashing when selling gold-quality items. 1.13, been happening since 1.11. Host of a MP session.

Attached Files:

• _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

@Jodo42 are you trying to sell those items via shippen chest or directly at Pierres?

• skyshipsailing

skyshipsailing Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, been meaning to talk about this. When my host plants cranberries in the fall, they disappear. I don't know how this happens.

and another thing, When I went camping with Emily in the Woods the cutscene finished and it was just completely blank and no one else could get to sleep. help

• letoile666

letoile666 Space Hobo

I was hoping someone could tell me where to find the crashlog file so I can post my issue. My client crashes when I join my bf's farm

• Jodo42

Jodo42 Space Hobo

Both. If either the host or client sells at Pierre's the game crashes for whoever sold it. If they're shipped by either player the game crashes once both players have gone to sleep or the day ends.

@letoile666 Assuming you're on windows go to search, type %appdata% and hit enter. Scroll down to the stardew valley folder and select the error logs folder.

letoile666 likes this.
                    • _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

For Windows that (usualy) means 'C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\ErrorLogs\

@Jodo42 could you specify the problem? Is it only happening with golden crops? Special amount? Are you doing anything else that day? And please attach a safe file as well :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2018
                      • Bug?

End of day sales through the shipping box sell items at the price for the game's host, doesn't take into account any profession bonuses (such as fishing) from the player that put the item in the shipping box.

• MewMewExorcist

MewMewExorcist Void-Bound Voyager

Year 2 Luau, my friend couldn't put an iridium Coconut into the pot. Not sure if you can normally put Coconuts in, but he was unable to interact with the pot even after talking to Marnie and Lewis. I had already put a gold star Sturgeon into the pot. Stew turned out bland. Also sometimes can't hear axe sounds when I'm chopping? Not sure what that might be related to.

Oh hey also we can interact with the wallpaper catalogue without it crashing the game. But when we upgraded our house, all the wallpapers and floorings changed. Not sure if that's intentional or not. Wallpapers and floorings did stay after friend and I decorated and he and I both entered and exited the house multiple times. We also slept and the wallpapers and floorings remained consistent. Also in Year 2, Summer.

• Swrundeep

Swrundeep Space Spelunker

i've been playing just fine for a few days now but when I log into my save this evening I'm stuck in the chat box again. Single player game. After ~5 minutes of doing things outside the game the chat box disappeared and I was able to move again.

That resolved and I'm playing now. I'd reached level 20 in the mine the last time I played and opened the chest for the steel smallsword. I just went to start at level 20 and the chest was there again to open. I now have 2 steel smallswords from that chest. Yay?

Last edited: May 25, 2018
                            • keytars

keytars Void-Bound Voyager

Posting again as it's still a problem: My friend is still getting the LAN-only issue, confirmed she's on 1.3.13 and that it occurs while she's online in Steam and connected in general. The posted fix isn't an option, as she plays on a mac, and verifying the game cache doesn't help either.

• LeeDalt

LeeDalt Space Hobo

I have an issue that I haven't seen reported elsewhere online or in this thread. I have (or had, rather) 8 mayo machines inside a shed, but since May 22nd they will randomly disappear right after having the mayo retrieved from them. The animation for something being broken plays (small brown chunks fly up) but the machine is nowhere to be found - seemingly destroyed. Sometimes (but not always, roughly 20% chance) the game will completely crash immediately afterward.

I used to have SMAPI and a variety of mods installed, all of which were disabled before I started using the Beta. I've never used mods with the Beta. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled my game as an attempt to fix but the issue persists.

I've attached the most recent crash log to this post, and will gladly provide any other files required for troubleshooting. Thanks for all the work you're doing to iron out the kinks in this awesome game!

Attached Files:

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

MP or SP? IF MP, are you host or farmhand?

• DragonOmnus

DragonOmnus Void-Bound Voyager

I understand your points, simply disagree with them. My thoughts are mixed. Part of me thinks SDV multiplayer should be a completely cooperative thing, with every farmer able to perform every task, but collectively deciding how they want to do it. I mean, it would be less rewarding to other people if they can't do anything important. What if they plant a fruit tree but screw up its placement & need to move it but can't? That said, I haven't actually played SDV with friends yet, so I don't know if they would even _need_ to buy the catalogues. Wouldn't they be able to simply use the catalogue in your main house to get the stuff & then take it to their house? Though, not really any harm in them buying their own catalogues when you're sitting on millions of extra G. But another part of me agrees with you, because I like doing things my way (function over form), so it could be annoying to open up my farm to a friend who thinks I did everything wrong & wants to change it all. But I guess you simply don't play with that friend!

• kajikindorai

kajikindorai Space Hobo

Hey there! I am going to list the entire set of circumstances leading up to an event because I don't know where the problem began.

My wife and I were playing and we came to the conclusion that the host can mail things and be paid via their bonus rate, but other players can not do this. So we decided to take seperate routes and sell things directly to the stores. My wife likes to focus on farming and myself on fishing, while we tag team mining in order to make everything smooth. She pulled a harvest and went to sell to pierre, and her game crashed, though mine did not. So i paused since if only one player is on the host can pause the game, and waited for her to relaunch and connect. She attempted to sell again, and crashed again. We noticed that about 50% of the time, the money from this sale would be added to the pot, but we noticed a discrepancy in the rates, she had 15 cauliflower and was getting paid the value of 14. Several more attempts confirmed this. We thought it was a funny glitch and kept trying until pierre's shop closed. At which point we called it a day and went to bed.

The following morning we got a notice from mayor lewis stating that someone had placed our tools in the lost and found, he came into our house and left them next to the bed and hoped he didn't disturb our sleep. It was an odd statement seeing as nothing was left in our house. We went to the blacksmith to claim our tools, my steel axe was available but my wife's copper pick was not. We then checked everywhere to try to locate the missing tool and it was nowhere to be found. We assume that was why we got the letter, and after restarting the day several times we decided to call it a day and save the game by ending the day. At this point MY game crashed. We reloaded the file and proceeded as we had through the day and upon entering bed, at the save cycle, my game crashed again. Several more tries of this confirmed that we would have to create a new game.

So ultimately there were two things that happened. If someone other than the host manages to lag and picks up an invalid number of crops, their game will proceed to crash every time that crop is sold. Just to be sure we also sold other things, which were fine, including things we bought directly from pierre's shop, but any time she tried to sell the stack of cauliflower her game would crash. Then the disappearing tool. I have no idea what happened there. Perhaps there is a bug where two players can simultaneously submit upgrade requests but the game is incapable of processing them both on the same day? Hopefully any of this information proves useful to you! This game is amazing and I love it and love you for making it! Keep up the good work!

• MrLink13

MrLink13 Void-Bound Voyager

While playing the game with a couple of buddies I encountered a few errors. So far most of them have been fixed but a few more have come up since the last patch.

2 Issues here.
                                        1st: The magnifying glass is bugged out. This screenshot is from a bud I was playing with and he says that it must have been because we tried to obtain the item at the same time. He can still find notes from doing things but he cannot access his notes from the collections menu.
                                        2nd: It's kind of noticeable in the picture but I'll describe it anyways. After upgrading any house on the farm and adding a kitchen, any other player who walks into the house who isn't the owner will cause the entire house to change to have the same tile flooring as the kitchen.

[​IMG]

It's also possible that the mods installed could be interfering with a few things, but it's unlikely since the mods only change the player and character sprites.

• angelodk

angelodk Space Hobo

Hello. I have sent an e-mail reporting this bug I foung today, but will post it here too.

I'm facing a problem while playing with my friends in the beta multiplayer. I'm hosting a Farm that is on Summer, first year, with 3 other friends. Today, we discovered that everyone could get the chests every ten levels of the mine, everyone except the first one that opened the chest. So, with this in mind, I started going every 10 levels, opening the chests, since I have opened no one till today. When I got to level 90 chest, and opened it, my game crashed. Since I am the host, the whole day has gone.

Tried to repeat the bug one more time with my friends, loading the save again, and this time, I just got to floor 90 and the game crashed. Not even walked this time, just heard the "plim" from the elevator and boom, game crashed with the same error: CLR20r3.

Attached here are the logs from the two times it crashed today and my save file from that farm. I think the content of both archives are the same, but still, maybe can help you out.

Thanks in advance for the help with this problem of mine. And of course, thanks for the AMAZING game.
                                          [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.