1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Hemp+ v0.14.2

Wanna grow your own weed farm? Now you can!

1. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

SkyeTheTerribleBeastie Pangalactic Porcupine

SkyeTheTerribleBeastie submitted a new mod:

Hemp+ - Wanna grow your own weed farm? Now you can!

Read more about this mod...

2. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

SkyeTheTerribleBeastie updated Hemp+ with a new update entry:

Building blocks

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. wolf warstorm

wolf warstorm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this looks cool. while I don't smoke this stuff (nor would my character) i have seen this (when taken medicinally) help people. I am however more interested in the industrial uses for this. the ability to grow large quantities of building materials sounds like a really neat idea, 1 problem i would see is the fiberglass. i personally would try to grow FB rather than hunt down sand to make regular glass. would it be possible to add a smelter recipe to convert FB to glass. this would make it more compatible with other mods that use glass, rather then editing all the other mods item so you could choose to make them out of FB if you wanted (fracking universe for example has tons of things that use glass)

4. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

Fibreglass is not glass, therefor a conversion from fibreglass to glass is highly illogical.
    I'm not going to change my mod in any way just so it's "convenient for other mods".

5. wolf warstorm

A few things
    1. Fiberglass is literally glass fiber and polymers.
    Its a strong and flexible.
    It can even be clear like glass.

2. "Fibreglass is not glass, therefor a conversion from fibreglass to glass is highly illogical."
    "Fibreglass: Glass, but made from Hemp cellulose".
    Both of these are things you said. one was from your comment above and the other is from your mods main page.
    So which is it?

3. Chill, your taking this way to seriously.
    It was just a idea I had.
    I even said I was interested in the more industrial uses for your space hemp mod.
    Sharing ideas is literally what the discussion tab is for.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  6. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

1) Yes, it is true that they are similar and can be used in construction in mostly the same ways- but they are not the same item, and is not meant to be a replacement source of glass, just an additional decorative building material.
    2) And merely because you stated that you were also interested in more than one aspect does not inherently make your other points instantly something I should do.
    3) The descriptions on the main page are there for a general idea of what each item is, not incredibly in-detail or specific. Short and to the point in its typical use.
    4) I state things in a matter-of-fact way, which you seem to have taken personally.
    5) I never said that the Discussion tab wasn't for ideas, I have no idea why you brought it up.
    6) I can use numbered bullet points as well.
    7) This is my first released mod, and is primarily a revival- meaning that there will be very few changes to the original until:
    a) Version 1.0, and
    b) I become more familiar with modding in general

I appreciate the input, but please try to see this from any other point of view other than your own- I'm new to all this. This mod is primarily for me to learn Starbound's version of .LUA and .JSON, as well as creating functions that I have not seen in the vanilla game.

Tl;dr: No, I'm not going to add a recipe that converts Fibreglass into Glass. I'm not going to change my mod in any way just so it's "convenient for other mods". New items? Sure. Changes to drop tables? Of course. Conversion of a modded item to a vanilla item that is not equal? No.

7. wolf warstorm

1. fine I can live with just a building item, I could use hemp glass for windows and the sand glass for crafting.
    2. I never said you had to. it was a suggestion. but you said no and im ok with that.
    3. ok then.
    4. I try to be as clear as possible as well. sorry if I took if personally.
    5. again, sorry if I took if personally.
    6. personal habit, I like the way bullet points help keep my thoughts ordered. I have seen some serious walls of text on this site.
    7. good, I like revivals. not many things are more annoying than a mod you like becoming obsolete. i personally use avali triage
    a. fair enough
    b. good luck, we need more modders

again sorry for the miscommunication
    hope you have a nice day

8. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

Grinding

9. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

Medical Dispensary

10. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

Item Pack 1

11. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

Hemp Clothes

12. It's Bowman

It's Bowman Subatomic Cosmonaut

You should add Blueberry Yum Yum, Girl Scout Cookies, and Alaskan Thunder F**k

13. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

Alright, I'll look them up and add them to the list. Thank you for the recommendations!

It's Bowman likes this.
  14. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

Hand Grinders, Bugfixes

15. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What would be cool is if the space cops could randomly show up at your grow site. Then you could really RP being a drug dealer and pirate.

16. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

I... think that's incredibly stupid and genius! So... how would I implement that? NPC with vehicle that has a chance at spawning near Hemp+ plants? Or a block players can place, like a Hemp Scarecrow that actually just spawns The Cops (NPC Cop on a painted hoverbike, x2) randomly?
    This sounds like a good idea; though, as optional content, so you're not forced into a life of space-crime. :rofl:

I'll def. look into it for a future update.

17. Constantinople

Well, basically all Starbound players are already pirates that rob other ships and slaughter the crew. As for how you could implement it, well perhaps an optional placeable item like you suggested.

Also, the sell price for the weed should be very high, but the grow time very long.

18. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

Item Pack 2

19. Constantinople

If you don't mind another suggestion, I think one of the effects of the weed needs a bit of work. Namely, when you smoke you get "the munchies" debuff. This makes you get hungrier faster. Good idea, but it seems to deplete your meter a bit to much to justify the short term benefits the weed gives you. Many food items give you more longer lasting benefits and fill your stomach to boot. If you are going to sacrifice your hunger meter, the buff's should last longer. Otherwise, they are not worth it.

20. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

Yeah, I totally agree- I've actually been working on looking into the specific effects of each strain IRL, and figuring out how to make those effects as a game mechanic.
    The current effects (much like the Generic Sativa & Indica) are placeholders while I get more of the mod working and finished.

So far I'm thinking a few different effects:
    Energized - Increased energy regen (some strains are slightly energizing)
    Healing - Increased health over time
    Lazy - Slightly slower movements
    Inspired - Staffs, wands, and daggers do more damage?
    Easily entertained - Explosives and throwables do more damage?
    Sleepy - Sleeping heals twice as much health?
    I'll be adding a Pawn Shop eventually- it'll be like a Treasured Trophies, but for Hemp+ items

So, next update I'll have the health effects' time and strength doubled, sound good? I haven't actually used them functionally in-game, only... well, recreationally... so I don't know if the effects are even viable mid- to late-game. Would suck if my mod became pointless after the first boss. LOL
    (and it's ok if they're OP, since they're placeholders at the moment)