Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsIllusiveGG

MsIllusiveGG Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi! Could you possibly update this with the new updates from the OC, pretty please???

• bluebree

bluebree Scruffy Nerf-Herder

rhymi and kabibblekitsch like this.
    • paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It'll take me a bit to get around to it but yes, I'll update it.

Mod has been updated on the original post (on the first page of this thread). Needs more in-depth testing.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
      • Nawaria

Nawaria Void-Bound Voyager

Hei, I use a few Mods for Content Patcher and noticed that some of them have a "assets" folder for the png files. The other ones contain all files in one big folder.

Does this make a difference in the game, for example a less jerky game when you only use one folder per mod, or is it just for the aesthetic?

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Mostly aesthetics. I know I personally prefer to have it all organised in folders.

• Nawaria

Nawaria Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you

• Saint-in-Chief

Saint-in-Chief Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having a problem with this mod, and I was wondering if you knew how to solve it. Whenever I go to sleep, I need to leave the house for it to save the game and advance to the next day. Thanks in advance.

Adelvina likes this.
              • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

In 1.3 there was a change in the action tile for the bed. I'm looking into how to fix it..

• Saint-in-Chief

I think the mod "Kitchen Nook for 1st Farmhouse" by Allayna in Nexusmods had that same problem and fixed it recently, in case it may help you.

• Moragaine

I had had the same problem, but didn't realize what it was til just this weekend. Try this one, it works for my game(but let me know if you'r still having trouble):

Attached Files:

plashy, dayminner and Kuriiyo like this.
                    • Saint-in-Chief

Works flawlessly as far as I tested, thank you very much.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Yeah, just double checked my maps, the tile that triggers the sleep mode previously only had "TouchAction:Sleep", now it also needs "Bed:t"

Last edited: May 21, 2018
                          MouseyPounds likes this.
                        • Moragaine

The sleeping problem is fixed with the Basement mod, but I've noticed something else; if I light my kitchen fireplace, it doesn't stay lit.. Does anyone know what they did to fireplaces in 1.3? I click on the kitchen fireplace and it lights, but as soon as I go to a different area(outside or into the cellar) and come back it's out again. The fireplaces I bought from Robin that don't seem to have this problem.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

well, one thing i had to do with my already edited farmhouse maps was remove the tiled fireplaces. The game gives you the movable 'furnature' fireplace now. Oddly though, i had to move my fireplace into the kitchen in the second upgrade. but i never have issues with it being lit.
                            Maybe you have one fireplace on top of the other somehow?
                            edit - wouldn't mind seeing a video of what you're seeing, cuz it sounds really odd

• Moragaine

I'm sorry, Allayna, I didn't get any video but I did fix the problem. I'm guessing that the game now loads the fireplace from a different file, because when I erased the kitchen fireplace from the farmhouse(with basement and bath) .tbin it started working correctly. There was still a fireplace in the kitchen and it stayed lit until I clicked it off.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Having an odd problem you guys might be able to help with... I have edited maps, including the town, desert, and railroad maps. I discovered that the junimo note dig spots weren't working. I looked at the vanilla files and found that the ones in the railroad and town maps had 'Diggable:t' in the properties on the correct tiles, so i fixed those. But the on the desert map the tile is already sand, and diggable, and there's nothing on the vanilla file to indicate there being something there.

edit - realized I posted this here instead of the map editing thread as intended

Last edited: May 22, 2018
                                • Moragaine

I think I remember someone asking for the versions of the farmhouse basement mod that used different kitchen and bed colorings, so I put together a content pack for those. In going back to Nexus to get those, I grabbed some other versions to look at(big mistake). The result is a Basement mod which you can configure to use the blue and black, pink and brown or original kitchen/bed coloring schemes. The mod has a config file to chose between blue, pink or original. Just open the config file in a text editor to change the color. I also converted the maps with no childrens beds(or only one bed) if you want to get rid of the nursery.

Lokee likes this.
                                  • NaniSummer

NaniSummer Aquatic Astronaut

Does this work with Eemie's interior? / Are the color options based on Eemie's interior?

• Moragaine

Nani, I don't know enough about content patching yet to know if it would work with another mod. It wouldn't hurt to try, if they conflict Smapi/ContentPatcher just won't load them. Looking at the original author's file descriptions all he says is that they are 'Classy' recolors, whatever that might mean.

• staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

I actually don't use this mod at all, but I downloaded the files to take a look, and it looks to me like the blue and pink options are actually using Eemie's Classy New Interior mod. So you should be good to go @NaniSummer! And now you know if that question ever comes up again @Moragaine. :3

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.