1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Save File Editing Guide (For solving some common issues)

Discussion in 'Support' started by ConcernedApe, Mar 19, 2016.

1. MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

You can change the farm type easily, but you also need to worry about things like bushes. See this post for instructions. Some things may still need to be adjusted afterwards as well (e.g. if your coop ends up in the pond). Obviously back up first in case there are problems.

• RPGAngel

RPGAngel Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you! My friend thanks you too!

• MtsMB

MtsMB Tentacle Wrangler

This save is from my friend, and it's a backup, well... when I pay 10k to change the profession, and so when we sleep to save, the game crashes to him when I'm choosing the new profession, before saving the progress...

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Can you share this in the Multiplayer Beta bug thread. If there's an issue with profession switching for farmhands; it'll be best for the devs to put out a fix for everyone.

• Dayshi90

Dayshi90 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey,

can someone tell my what events or cutscenes these id's are for?

I hope one of these is the cutscene I'm looking for.

If not - I search the cutscene with Vincent and Jas at the Forest where you get the Spring Onion Mastery.

Hopefully you can help me.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

3910979: Is indeed the Vincent and Jas, Spring Onion one.

558292: Is the one where Grandpa shows up in your farmhouse.

Dayshi90 likes this.
              • Dayshi90

Dayshi90 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you!! I thought I have to search forever. Next time I'll post it right away... a lot faster.

MysticTempest likes this.
                • Belualoop

Belualoop Poptop Tamer

does anyone know the ID to trigger the letter for the quest to enter the adventurer's guild? unfortunately lost the quest through disconnects :/

• MouseyPounds

The easiest thing is to just add "<string>guildMember</string>" to your <mailReceived> list; that will let you enter the guild as if you completed the quest.

• Belualoop

Belualoop Poptop Tamer

thanks, i'll try that :)

• YoureWizard

YoureWizard Intergalactic Tourist

Does anyone know the Event ID for Krobus Bus Station Event?

• MouseyPounds

That event is 520702.

• Code_Monkey

Code_Monkey Void-Bound Voyager

I wanted to reply to this post to share some steps that I took to solve an issue when migrating a 1.2 save to a beta 1.3 save - gift counts not resetting for NPCs on the week rollover. I can't speak to why this is happening in the code, but I ended up editing my save file to fix the issue and allow me to give gifts again.

Before I go any further, I want to strongly add the caveat that you need to look at the beginning of this thread under the "General Info" heading for steps on how to back up your save. Every line in that save file is needed for one thing or another, and messing things up in there can completely break your saves much more than not being able to give gifts. So please, please back up your saves.

Okay. Having said all of that, the friendship information for each NPC is stored in the save file individually, and one of the pieces of information stored there is how many gifts you have given them both today and this week. To make it so that every NPC shows no gifts being received, you will need to look for the string "<GiftsThisWeek>#</GiftsThisWeek>" where "#" is replaced by a number (most likely 2 if you can't given them any gifts). Changing that line to be "<GiftsThisWeek>0</GiftsThisWeek>" will make it so that that NPC doesn't think you've given them any gifts this week, and things should be fine from there.

A couple of things to note
                            1. You will need to do this for every NPC in the save file, as this value is stored individually on a per-person level. Searching for the string "/GiftsThisWeek" should allow you to find every place where this is stored. In my file I currently see 29 instances of that string, which matches up with the 29 NPCs I have relationships with.
                            2. This is something you should only have to do once, because in my experience this is a bug that is only occurring when migrating a save from 1.2 to 1.3. By that, I mean to say that after doing this for each NPC the counts should be correct and should auto-reset every Sunday night from then on out.
                            I'm not writing any of this with some official authority or having worked on the game at all, just as someone who has run into the issue and found a way to solve it for myself. Hopefully this helps others, and again PLEASE back up your saves before doing any file editing.

If you have any questions, please feel free to either send me a PM or reply here and I'll do my best to respond in a timely manner.

• Ser Aland

Ser Aland Space Hobo

Hello, don't know if this thread is dead or not but I need some help! I accidently choosed Rancher instead of tiller in the beginning (was a new player at that time) but now I wanna change it. So I followed the instructions and replaced the 0 with a 1 but it didn't work? Why's that?

Picture of the file:
                              https://gyazo.com/39bbc337f785ae5bcbf56fb73aeaa1ec

• _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

You can change your skills in the sewers for 10k since the 1.3 patch.

• Ser Aland

Ser Aland Space Hobo

Yeah I figured it out in the save files because before I only changed it in SaveGameInfo but now I choosed the (name)(numbers) thing and it worked, but should I play it safe and change it back so my game doesn't get corrupted or anything??

• _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

You don't need to change it back.

• rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

right, so I've been playing the beta and
                                      built Pam and Penny a house
                                      before triggering Penny's 4 and 6 heart events, which as of now are only available while
                                      they live in the trailer.
                                      Is there any way of tricking the game into thinking I've seen the events so I can move on to the next ones? could I just add
                                      Code:
                                      <int>35</int><int>36</int>
                                      to the end of the <eventsSeen> list?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
                                      • MouseyPounds

You can do so, but there's really no reason to. Neither of those events are prerequisites for anything else.

• rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

I can't move on to the rest of her heart events if I haven't seen them though