OOC Starbound: Devastation

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by BlazingPaladin, Mar 29, 2018.

1. BlazingPaladin

BlazingPaladin Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

The Ruin destroyed Earth. That's what they say. But there are remains. A ball of dust and rock, devoid of life except for a band of survivors. Whatever your reasons, you are on Earth. Explore, fight, find a way off the planet. Survive the Devastation.

Rules:
    Be Respectful - Please keep everything appropriate and don’t bring arguments to the table.
    Talk - Be clear on talking IC and OOC, sharing info with players whose characters are not present is alright, just don’t Metagame, and no taking back you’re action unless otherwise stated by me.
    And Everything Else - there is a whole thread about basic rules. GO READ THAT (Please)

Character Creation:
    Classes: There are four classes in the RP that correspond to the some of the archetypes of the game. Warrior, (Swords, Axes, Spears, ETC.) Ranger, (Guns, Bows.) Mage, (Staves.) and Brawler. (Gauntlet, Boomerangs, Thrown, ETC.)
    Races: All of the vanilla races are allowed.
    Backgrounds: There are also four backgrounds that change where you start the game, and the roleplaying aspects, but no other effects. Survivor, (Survived the destruction of Earth, but stuck on the planet.) Scavenger, (Returned to Earth to salvage, but the strange things that happened to the planet made you crash.) Maroon, (Sent to Earth as punishment for a crime.) and Recolonizer. (Returned to Earth as part of a recolonization operation.)
    Equipment: Please choose two sets of weapons corresponding to your class. Note that some weapons can be used by other classes that wouldn’t normally use them. Warriors may use bows, Rangers can use daggers, and Mages can use shortswords. This is so that all characters may have a ranged and melee, and have a backup if they run out of energy. You may have any other equipment that has no effect besides roleplay, as well as 10 torches, 2 bandages and 5 salves.

Character Sheets:
    Please set up your character like this example:

Acalan Orazca
    Avian Warrior, Scavenger.
    Equipment:
    - Durasteel Broadsword, Hunting Bow
    - Black Motorcycle Jacket, Blue Jeans
    - Neck chain, with a piece of a Stargazer wing.
    - Faded photo of dead family members.
    Appearance:
    Acalan has blue feathers and a curved beak, his feathers curving back at the head for a pointy hairdo.
    Personality:
    A calm leader on the outside, his rage for the death of his family brewing just under the surface, Acalan leads his band of scavengers well, and is ruthless in combat.
    Backstory:
    After his family took the jump, he was orphaned at the age of 13. He stowed away on a trading ship on his home planet, and eventually got caught by some scavengers when he sneaked onto their ship at a spacedock. He joined their crew and his reputation grew quickly, leading to a mutiny, and he took command of the ship.

Please try to keep the backstories believable, and not too long. The RP will start after we have around 5-7 players, but new ones will always be welcome.

IMPORTANT NOTES I FORGOT TO ADD:
    I am going to be making up a bunch of lore. It is not canon unless the devs say so, and if they completely debunk everything I say I will not change it anyway but whatever.
    THE BIG ASSUMTIONS
    Earth is not completly destroyed.
    Protectorate city, (tutorial city) is future London.
    Starbound takes place in 2303 AD,
    We use a date system of BSB (Before Starbound) and ASB (After Starbound), so the RP would take place in 1 ASB, and today would be 285 BSB.
    And now, the first time in ages the spoiler is actually used for spoilers,
    ⚠ WARNING ⚠ DO NOT READ THIS SECTION IF YOU ARE NOT A SURVIVOUR OR A MAROON WHO HAS BEEN THERE BEFORE THE RP STARTS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
    The Earth is corrupted with remnants of the ruin that
    Nox and the rest of the Ocassus are using to try to ressurect the Ruin.

And thats all. Sorry for not including that in the origional. And sorry for all the caps. I'm really not sorry honestly. Sayonara. You can stop reading now.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  2. Redacted Revenant

Redacted Revenant Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seems interesting, I'll make a character and get back to you.

3. borisar5116

borisar5116 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Count me in Serah !

4. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll make a character for this story soon

5. borisar5116

Yuuta Sogunuki Gekokujo (note: I don't watch anime, I just adore ancient Japanese/Chinese culture)
    Hylotl Warrior, Recolonizer.
    Equipment:
    - Durasteel Broadsword, Hunting Bow
    - River Armor
    - Yellow cape.
    - All 9 books of Hiraki Corale, The Hylotl Adventure.
    – A hoe and a watering can (he is also a farmer)
    - Kimono set of white color
    -Yellow Valorous armor set that belongs to his father

Appearance:
    Yuuta has black skin with white belly and blondish/yellow fins.
    Personality: Calm and noble, Yuuta is a Samurai. Honorable and dedicated to protection of life and big lover of water. He loves plants as he loves animals. He built and maintained more than one farm and planted more than one coral forest or land forest. He is an excellent hunter and an expert dueler. He loves knowledge, but gets very angry when he sees a Floran as memory of War still haunts him.
    Backstory:
    He was born in a small Hylotl village. But his life was not to be calm as the world was invaded by primitive Florans. As much as he tried to protect his family, his father ordered him to hide, while he and his mother honorably fought to death. When he was almost killed by a Floran, trying to eat him, he was saved by a group of Hylotl Samurai. He immidiately started to admire their prowess in battle, their nimble, yet organized attacks and mastery over blade and bow. He had do move away and so he moved to Earth where he trained for being a Protector. But in the meantime he also learned the ways of Samurai. Being taught by Sensei Sogunuki, he adopted Sensei's name as it was Sogunuki who took care of this young Hylotl. He adopted the love for knowledge and tradition and soon became a Samurai, thus an expert warrior, well before the training of Protector was complete. He also helped many of local farmers and took care of many almost extinct forests. When the Protector's training was complete he almost graduated, before being interupted by Ruin's attack. Now dedicated to establishing life and civilization on Earth again, he joined the Recolonization project and serves as lore-master and a guard of the newly forming colonies.

I hope what I did was right.

6. BlazingPaladin

You are accepted.

7. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Interesting... Can I join this role playing? If yes, what should I do next, If no, okay then...

8. BlazingPaladin

Of course you can join! Just create a character and reply with it, and if you followed the rules you will be accepted, otherwise I will tell you what you need to fix. Make sure to read all the information.

9. Daikon Ocelot

Captain Moor
    Human Ranger, Recolonizer

Equipment:
    - Assault Rifle, Bayonet
    - Clothing
    - Black Bandit's Bandana (Headwear)
    - Green Insurgent's Jacket (Chestwear)
    - Green Insurgent's Trouser (Legwear)
    - Green Simple Cape (Backwear)
    - Some Healing Items
    - Some Foods
    - Matter Manipulator
    - Graduation Flyer (Junk)
    - Protectorate Flower (As a Sign of Hope for Himself and His Crew)

Appearance:
    He has a black short hair and a fair skin.

Personality:
    He is a brave person, he will never run from a fight, even if the chance of winning is small. He is also a caring person, he will protect and help all the people around him, his crew, his friend, his family, everybody. He believes that tolerance and equality is the key to peace and harmony, he respect others, no matter what race, religion, culture, or customs they have. Finally, he is a merciful person, he respect his enemy, he will not execute or torture his surrendered enemy. The only person that he will not give any mercy is the person who betray him or his friend.

Backstory:
    He is a former king of the Evergreen Kingdom, a kingdom of tolerance and diversity. He is basically the last king of Evergreen Kingdom. He doesn't have a son or daughter, he never gets married, and his brother leaves him for adventure. One day the Occasus, a group of cultist that believes that the universe are worthy for the human only, attack his kingdom, while he was going to Earth to help the Terrene Protectorate. The kingdom was not ready and was utterly destroyed. No one survive but himself. After his painful and unforgetable tragedy, he become a captain of a space pirate. He and his become a known and feared space pirate. But one day, he remember that he was once a king that helps and protects everyone in the universe. So now, he and his crew decides to become a space adventurers. They swear an oath that they will help the people of the universe. They hopes that one day they can restore the destroyed Evergreen Kingdom.

That's all the change I have already made.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  10. BlazingPaladin

Everything is all good! You are accepted.

11. borisar5116

A Human ranger that was once a King ? Sounds like Dunedain ranger to me. People of Numenorian descent. Interesting choice of character. If we happen to meet, I'll call you my liege !

12. Daikon Ocelot

Great! Thanks!

13. Redacted Revenant

Here's my character:

Kikai Opifex
    Human Ranger, Recoloniser.
    Equipment:
    -Wrench and other engineer's tools.
    -MP3 Player(Or similar device. Works off personal energy supply.)
    -Headphones
    -Clothes
    Black top
    Brown pants
    Brown leather jacket
    Steampunk-style goggles
    -2 Bandages
    -5 Salves
    Appearance:
    Kikai has brown eyes and messy short-medium length brown hair.
    Personality:
    Kikai is a very curious and inventive person, which is what lead her into her to become an engineer. She is also quite eccentric, often coming up with some unorthodox solutions to problems.
    Backstory:
    Kikai led a fairly normal life before now. No one died, her parents are in perfect health. However, she needed a job fairly badly. Anyone looking for an engineer steered clear of her in favour of someone more like a proper engineer and less like a steampunk mad scientist. When she heard the Earth recolonisers didn't have an engineer she jumped at the opportunity to finally have a proper job.

She doesn't start off with a weapon, other than possibly her wrench, but I plan for her to build her own guns out of parts she finds and also MacGyver her way out of problems with whatever's around her.

14. BlazingPaladin

You are accepted!
    (Everyone's a recolonizer for some reason...)

15. Daikon Ocelot

Thanks! But really, call me a captain instead! I am a king no more, but if you insist, it is okay to call me my liege.

16. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

Darthen Red
    Human Warrior, Scavenger (Pirate)
    Equipment:
    -Clothes
    Copper half-plate armour
    Leather Duster (with hood)
    Copper mask
    -Long sword
    -Shield
    -Compound bow
    -Green, blue and red stimpak
    Appearance:
    Darthen is a slim, pale young man. He has a large scar running down the left side of his face, hidden by his mask. He doesn't intentionally hide it, he just likes his mask. The Duster is lined at parts with bits of copper chain mail, and the mask reveals his mouth and chin, covering the rest.
    Personality:
    Darthen is a cryptic, well spoken individual who will lie, cheat and kill to get what he wants, and is entirely honest about it. Besides this, he loves to have fun and confuse people with witty banter.
    Backstory:
    Growing up on a normal, open minded planet with no family, Darthen learned to respect everyone except idiots. First chance he got, he stole a ship and became a swashbuckling pirate so he could act on his own whim whenever he wished. His combat is self-taught, and due to his flourish and use of dirty moves, mostly un-counter-able. Upon hearing that Earth was destroyed, he laughed for a moment before going there to find some sellable salvage.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  17. BlazingPaladin

Everything seems good except for the pistol. If you can't think of any way to change it and still keep the character idea, I may be able to let it pass but please try to stick to designated class weapons.

The Purple Dragon likes this.
  18. Redacted Revenant

Maybe give him a pistol that deals no damage but stuns targets briefly, allowing him to get close and attack with his sword.

19. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

It was originally just a backup in case of emergency, but I'll change it.

20. BlazingPaladin

I didn't realize you chanfed it until now, sorry. Accepted.