Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

To be fair @HanFox I've been pming the mod authors, not posting in the threads.

• Alec Ikiiki

Alec Ikiiki Void-Bound Voyager

I just discovered the content patcher and thanks to everyone here I've been able to successfully, as far as I know, use all the migrated mods I wanted. So amazing job and thank you for all your hard work.

If anyone is up for it, there's a couple of requests I'd hope someone would be able to look into.
      Alternate Chicken Colors & Jersey Cows

• HanFox

HanFox Guest

I figured some may have, that still leaves the users in the dark though (especially for those on the Nexus who don't even consider other places). I've seen a few posts on the Nexus asking for CP ports and I've replied with the unofficial links where possible.

It's just a thought to help keep mods alive and to stop any duplicated efforts.

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah I've seen all the posts on nexus lol. You've reminded me I need to actually post something there later... Thanks?

• a2937

a2937 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Attached Files:

beeilluminati likes this.
          • arkoiris

arkoiris Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Agh. I don't actually use the post-Joja map so I didn't test it properly :p. I'll play around with it. Sorry about that!

• Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

There's a wiki page that posts all the updates in one spot.

• HiddenLilly

HiddenLilly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you all for what you do!! Honestly love this so much! I was wondering about a couple mods I haven't found yet, sorry if they're already done and I missed them!

The mods in question are Pochi's Portraits Mod and RW Portrait and Sprite Edits, and i'm just wondering if its possible to choose which portraits/sprites to use? Thank you in advance :D

• D.Grey

D.Grey Scruffy Nerf-Herder

CP version of Jersey Cows Mod (Original Here)
                  CP version of Alternate Chicken Colors Mod (Original Here)

The OCs of the mods are allowed to take these files and upload it on their official page if they wish. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Attached Files:

jamjamjam likes this.
                  • Alec Ikiiki

Alec Ikiiki Void-Bound Voyager

These look marvelous and Marnie's brown cow changed too. Thank you for migrating these mods.

• Amx

Amx Void-Bound Voyager

First time trying this out and try to code the files. :)
                      So glad to have this Content Patcher mod, feels much more organize! :D

:fishbowl: [CP] Unofficial HorseFriendly Town : Original Source

***The OC of the mod is allowed to take this file and upload it on their official page if they wish.
                      You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Attached Files:

• Cimeni

Cimeni Phantasmal Quasar

beeilluminati and HiddenLilly like this.
                      • Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Cimeni and HiddenLilly like this.
                      • Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

My head hurts now. :p

Unofficial conversion of Yellog's dark brown and cream furniture to content patcher, original here.

I've left an update check in the manifest.json, going to contact the mod author. :)

I haven't checked this ingame yet. Lemme know if there's issues.

Download here

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
                        • MissGranger

MissGranger Void-Bound Voyager

Hey everyone, I just started modding the game but im having a bit of dificulty getting things to work properly. For some reason I can't change how my farm house looks from the outside. On the Smapi I get this error:

[ContentPatcher] Mod crashed when loading asset 'Buildings\houses'. SMAPI will use the default asset instead. Error details:
                          StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Exceptions.SContentLoadException: The content manager failed loading content asset 'assets\Medieval.png'. ---> System.NotSupportedException: Can't load a PNG file while the game is drawing to the screen. Make sure you load content outside the draw loop.

Any clue on how to fix this? It doesnt matter what mod im using, every single one I tried I get this error

• staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

The beta was updated and a new version of SMAPI had to be released, luckily a new version was just released. Probably literally a couple of minutes ago. I just tested it out and my game loaded and seems to be working fine.

• Heroic Onion

Heroic Onion Void-Bound Voyager

[CP]Unofficial Umbreon Cat Replacement - original can be found at https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/176

I did get permission from the OC, but if they've changed their mind they can PM me to get this taken down! They're also welcome to update their main pages with this!
                              Let me know if anything is broken, it was working find on my files but you never know I guess.

Attached Files:

• mrWAWA

mrWAWA Void-Bound Voyager

I have a question regarding .manifests. I only recently started playing Stardew Valley regularly and modding it for the first time a few weeks ago, so my knowledge is a little lacking.
                                It's my understanding that Content Patcher didn't need to use .manifest until recently, so some older mods don't contain them (such as https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2043?tab=posts ).
                                How does one go about updating for the latest versions of CP?

• acornfaerie

acornfaerie Void-Bound Voyager

I converted Eemie's Classy New Interior mod (only furniture.xnb, someone has already done the kitchen/bed). This is my first time, so I hope it's all good!

*The OC of the mod is allowed to take these files and upload it on their official page if they wish. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.*

Last edited: May 17, 2018
                                    Kuriiyo and eemie like this.
                                  • Kybble

Kybble Void-Bound Voyager

Has anyone done a conversion for DCBurger's Portraits?

I'll eventually have to look into converting mods myself, once I get some time. (I have so many other mods I'd like to request, but I don't want to have a huge list...)

Also what does it mean when a mod has no update keys? Is that something I need to worry about? Or does it not matter?

Last edited: May 17, 2018
                                    Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.