Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Library-Tech

Library-Tech Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. HiddenLilly

HiddenLilly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I've been trying to use this because I love the aesthetic!! But it turns my chairs into violins? And I'm confused by the "Move the files you want from the color named folder into the assets folder" part, sorry I'm a bit slow but thought I'd ask rather than drive myself crazy trying to figure it out on my own :p Thank you in advance!!

Edit: I added a screenshot of the folder because I'm confused by all the different "bed farmhouse_tiles" files and maybe having a visual can help :)

Attached Files:

• zidanreign

zidanreign Void-Bound Voyager

• kabibblekitsch

kabibblekitsch Void-Bound Voyager

I hate to bump myself, but is there anybody who has had a chance to look at this yet?

• arkoiris

arkoiris Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here's an unofficial Coordinated Crafting Bars. I had it for a while for personal use, so it's just the V1. (original)

The OC of the mod is allowed to take this file and upload it on their official page. Please PM me if you'd like to have the unofficial port removed!

Attached Files:

PandaNikita and D.Grey like this.
        • Shalassa

Shalassa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not going to make the tools though as I have no idea whom to give the credits to.
          Config to change between the two iridium designs will be generated after starting the game.

As usual, OC can take it for themselves or ask me to remove it.
          original

Attached Files:

PandaNikita likes this.
          • kabibblekitsch

After scouring the internet for the mod, I think I found it here, if you'd like to content patch that as well? Thank you guys so much for Coordinated Crafting! Now I can stop nitpicking my inventory, haha.

• Ailsaek

Ailsaek Subatomic Cosmonaut

THANK YOU!

She's absolutely adorable.

• Shalassa

Shalassa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Found it on nexus as well original

Attached Files:

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Turning the chairs into violins is actually on purpose- Mi's wanted to add some instruments and I assume the chairs were the easiest thing to replace.

As for the moving of files, pick the colour you want, and then you simply drag the 'bed' folder, plus the .png (bed farmhouse_tiles) into the main 'assets' folder. You can ignore the "colour_farmhouse_tiles" .png's in assets as the mod won't be using them. They are examples, as far as I am aware. You could even delete them, as the content.json doesn't use them at all. To avoid confusion, I mean. As for the "colour kids bed," just drag the towninterior.png into assets. It is a tiny bit confusing after having a quick look at the pack...

Leave the furniture.png alone, as that is, well. The furniture. :)

Nunah likes this.
                  • paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[CP] Blue Abigail - Original can be found here.

The OC of these mod(s) is allowed to take this file and upload it on their official page if they wish. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Wiki code below:
                    Code:
                    {{/xnb
                      |original name   = Blue Abigial
                      |original author = Wunderbot
                      |original url    = https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1455
                      |update name     = unofficial update
                      |update url      =
                      |update author   = paradigmnomad
                      |update version  = 1.0
                    }}

• kabibblekitsch

Ah, thank you! For the life of me, I couldn't find it on nexus, but I'm glad you did! It's my favorite tool replacement mod for sure! Thank you again!

• randomlybookish

randomlybookish Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, at the request of my sister, I created an unofficial port of keodau27's Sailor Scarecrows. The original mod is here.

It includes a config.json file where you can turn different features on and off. Currently you can choose to change the scarecrows into the Sailor Scouts, The three hidden statues into Tuxedo Mask, Chibiusa, and Queen Serenity, The Statues of Endless Fortune and Perfection into Artemis and Luna respectively, and finally the Wicked Statue into Dark Lady. This was my first adventure into making a content patcher port or even a mod in general so I hope people enjoy it.

The OC of the mod is allowed to take this file and upload it on their official page. Please PM me if you'd like to have the unofficial port removed!

Attached Files:

keodau27 likes this.
                        • HiddenLilly

HiddenLilly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

oooooh! I see!! Thank you so much for the explanation! :D I'll try that out!! :)

• HanFox

HanFox Guest

Building on top of this I've done the All-in-One version (hopefully correctly, if not very neatly).

EDIT: I may have gotten a little bit obsessed and made it configurable with the available optionals...

I've also posted a link to both posts on the Nexus as Poltergeister doesn't seem to be on here(?).

EDIT2: I have noticed an issue with the farmers and their skin/eyes not changing colour. Before I reupload witha fix I'm waiting to see if the issue can just be fixed directly in Content Patcher.

If you're curious as to the fix I found it requires converting the /assets/Characters/Farmer/farmer_[girl]_base.png's to xnb's with monogame.

EDIT3: This is now on the Nexus, with the edit2 fix rolled in.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2018
                            • Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

• Zalkyria

I'm still combing through this thread but if you do know where the page is I can go grab it. I may have overlooked it somewhere. ^^;

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

I don't have the page but I think it's early on in the thread.

Edit: first page

• Zalkyria

Haha I just found it on the second page ^^; Whoops, thanks for letting me know though :D

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.