Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acornfaerie

acornfaerie Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! Huge thanks to those converting these mods to content patcher, I've downloaded several and they all work perfectly.
    I downloaded the white Holstein cow retexture from here and was wondering if it was possible to convert the brown version, thanks so much!

• Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

I know I've done my fair share of content pack updates, but this one just seems a bit too stressful to figure out for me. xD

Anyone feel like converting this dino mod into a proper ContentPack? https://community.playstarbound.com...ur-smaller-dino-egg-bonus-female-duck.110547/

The one posted in the thread has a lot of issues and doesn't give you a config for switching between colors, nor does it affect the egg.

Kuriiyo likes this.
      • Pak_RT

Pak_RT Aquatic Astronaut

Here you go. I have made config file to change the style of the dinosaur
        PS: The egg is very VERY *smol*

Edit: I added config to enable or disable the egg just because I think it's too small

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2018
          Fyn likes this.
        • Pak_RT

Pak_RT Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks my dude

I have edited the CP mod to include config file where you can enable/disable portrait that you want

Attached Files:

empressmojo, fadedwaif and Medicell like this.
          • D.Grey

D.Grey Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oops. I forgot it :rofl:
            I moved "Holsteins mod" Here for Simplicity.

CP version of Holsteins (White Cow) Mod (Original Here)
            CP version of Red Holsteins (Brown Cow) Mod (Original Here)

I also have uploaded a version with both Holsteins.

The OCs of the mods are allowed to take these files and upload it on their official page if they wish. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Attached Files:

cedarlings and acornfaerie like this.
            • Shalassa

Shalassa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There we go:
              Karmylla's Immersive Map Edits (original) < Without Town
              BusStop and Backwoods Tweaks (original) < Not sure how to handle the season_ladders so they need to be manually copied into Content but as they aren't replacing anything..

As usual, OC can use them if they wish or simply send a PM for removal.

Last edit:
              I think I've found the issue which has something to do with SpaceCore wanting a "x_Dusty.png.xnb" in 'Content/Maps'. I have ubuntu so I can't fix that as SpaceCore isn't working properly on non-windows OS
              A huge sorry to those who would have wanted a complete conversion of it. Maybe someone else would be so kind and fix the issue?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2018
                Karmylla, Nunah, Kyyttyy and 2 others like this.
              • a4k

a4k Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, if possible... and allowed.

Why is the wiki written that I made the patch (Junimo Artifact Dig Spots), although I only left a request? Remove this, please. :confused:

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Here ya go. n_n

Attached Files:

• ladydoodlebug

ladydoodlebug Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry for the late reply; thank you so much !!!! ^-^ I really appreciate it ahh I missed my scarecrows!!

Edit: Also about the farmhouse: I was just looking for the farmhouses if that's not too much! I use the yellow houses in game!

Last edited: May 13, 2018
                    • Ailsaek

Ailsaek Subatomic Cosmonaut

[SMAPI] Skipped 1 mods:

[SMAPI] [CP]Bipedal Dinosaurs because it doesn't have a manifest.

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've updated my version of the dinosaur on the original page, so it is a proper content pack..
                        I'll post it again since there are 3+ versions floating around.
                        I've re-attached an updated version (5/10/18).

Make sure if you make a pack you double check the wiki page to see if it's already been done. There's a lot of duplicates I'm finding.
                        Also, some of these packs were made pre-Content Patcher 1.3 so they may not have config files simply because it wasn't a feature at the time.

I'm too tired to update the wiki, if anyone wants to continue where I left off it was page 9. Not sure what has been added/removed/edited since then.

Attached Files:

• acornfaerie

That's weird, I have this content pack installed and it works perfectly. It has a manifest and doesn't cause any errors in SMAPI. Maybe try reinstalling?

• kaitekat

kaitekat Void-Bound Voyager

I made a version for the "Most NPCs" optional file, if that one suits you: Original here.

The OCs of the mods are allowed to take these files and upload them on their official page if they wish. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Attached Files:

Medicell, HanFox and Nunah like this.
                            • acornfaerie

Hello, would it be possible to convert Flowery Fences for CP? I absolutely love this mod and it goes perfectly with the Starblue Valley map recolour. Thanks so much!
                              Edit: Oh, and Fluffy Cows by the same author.

• crans4me

crans4me Void-Bound Voyager

This is a super great thread, I found a lot of awesome mods in CP version here ^__^

Can I make a request for the CP version of this mod please? It's the Map Immersive 2.
                                (The OC created a CP version of this but it is only compatible with SV 1.3, I'm using SV 1.2 and not really ready to change to 1.3 ver ATM as a lot of my favorite mods will go incompatible). Thank you so much >___<

• ayahimew

ayahimew Void-Bound Voyager

This is Hairstyles Recolored created by Alicedafox, the file itself should not conflict with Eemie's Cute Long Hairstyles.

The OC of the mod is allowed to take this file and upload it on their official page. Please PM me if you'd like to have the unofficial port removed!

Attached Files:

Bgmania, RilmerPM, DumbSouma and 6 others like this.
                                  • a4k

a4k Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thanks you! :D

• Shalassa

There we go. Config for the fences will be generated after starting the game.

Attached Files:

lpvinyl21, Bepsi, aijvelle and 2 others like this.
                                      • acornfaerie

Awesome, thanks so much! :)

• Shalassa

Another conversion I made for all of you whose farmer is as much of an early bird as mine. (original Early Open Shops)

As always: The OC of the mod(s) are allowed to take this file and upload it on their official page if they wish. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.