RELEASED [CLASSIC] Furry/Anthro Player

Discussion in 'Player' started by LackeDragon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks~ Here is the hairstyle change I mentioned.
    [​IMG]

• EevyernDracaneon

EevyernDracaneon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will this mod eventually be updated to work with Content Patcher? Because that seems to be the next big step in the Stardew Valley modding scene and I'd love to use this mod with the other mods easily. This Anthro Characters mod is currently undergoing the transition, so I'd hope that this mod(and this anthro children mod) can both be updated for Content Patcher! ;v;

• LackeDragon

LackeDragon Phantasmal Quasar

To be honest I have no idea what Content Patcher is. Can you explain or link the thing?

• Sugar-Fable

LackeDragon likes this.
        • LackeDragon

Sugar-Fable likes this.
        • Justin93Daniels

Justin93Daniels Big Damn Hero

Now that we have Multiplayer, I was wondering... some of us might like to KEEP our "Humanity", while others would like to "Join the Herd", so to speak.

So my question is... can we have a version where instead of REPLACING the Farmer, we simply "ADD" these options? ^_^'

• Sugar-Fable

Ive been told that texture mods only effect the ones who have it installed on multiplayer. So this shouldnt be a problem~ Someone can correct me if Im wrong.

• LackeDragon

If you mean you want the game to have both humasn and anthros, it would requires another mod or something. I can't do that kind of things on my side unfortunately.
              But if a tool like that exist, I will try to adapt my mods to work with it if needed.

• Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I had a little think. How hard would it be to make a mousey version of the mod? I ask because there is already a mouse-ears hat, which might be useful. Perhaps the hat-mouse themself can provide inspiration too.

• LackeDragon

Like that, I don't think a mouse one would be harder than what has already be done.

• Sugar-Fable

I suggested this in the anthro characters thread but thought I might as well post it here too... Would anyone be interested in a Discord server for people who like anthro characters and Stardew Valley? More specifically those who use the mod but its not necessary... I would be willing to make it or someone else could.

• Justin93Daniels

Justin93Daniels Big Damn Hero

I have the Anthro NPCs mod, but decided to keep my humanity. In my mind, I think of my character as my "Villager" from Animal Crossing, a game that I grew up playing, and like myself, he grew up, and is now living among the Animal Folk as he did when he and I were a kid, living off the land, and is now "Growing Up" with them... just as I've grown up past that point in life... or something like that.

Anyways, sappy story short, I may not appear the same to everyone else, though the NPCs will be Anthro... if that's alright with you. xD

• Captain Teo

Captain Teo Void-Bound Voyager

Howdy. If you're still thinking of adding more races, I made a lizard farmer for my own use. I'm completely new to Stardew modding, so it could use a bit of polish (no tail because I couldn't figure it out, some awkward shading on a few frames and the eating sprite honestly looks a bit terrifying), but, if you wanted, I could fix it up a bit more and add it to the ones that you've made, or let someone with more experience improve it, if they wanted. Maybe see if it could motivate some more people to have a go at it, so that we can end up with a more expansive selection.
                        [​IMG] [​IMG]

You can disregard the clothes; the skirt and shoes were taken from Get Dressed, which I'd remove if I uploaded the spritesheet, and the hoodie was edited from one of the ones in the game. I'd change them back to the normal clothes before I make it public. It also has small horn things that I added as a hair replacement, but it's hard to see because of the way that Steam JPEGs the screenshots.

• EevyernDracaneon

If you'd like, I can take a shot at converting this mod into a content patcher version? I recently converted the cat, wolf, and bear children mods into a bundled CP compatible version, and I'm getting the hang of making all the files needed for it to work, so I have no objections to trying to make the content patcher version.
                          With the content patcher version it would also be easier to add in different species options for players like Teo and Bon want. :0

I also saw above that people were wondering about multiplayer and having each player be different species, I believe the game loads up sprites on an individual basis and the appearance of these things is specific to what player has what sprites on their system. So if I have a mod that makes my player a furry but anyone I'm playing with doesn't, they'll appear as a furry on my screen but I'll appear as a human on theirs. I don't think there is any way to avoid this happening so if you're sharing screenshots you might have to do photoshop magic or just tolerate either being a furry or not.
                          However if you're playing with someone who's farmer is of the opposite gender to yours, you can just replace the opposite gender sprites to be what they want to appear as since the sprites are separate for the male and female farmers. But if you and the other player are both female or male in game then there's nearly nothing you can do unless you and the other player have wildly different appearance choices and you go and edit the sheet yourself to include their choices, which isn't too complicated(at least in content patcher) but it's a little more work than I think people want to go through. And I believe that most furry mods include a tail but if you remove the tail from the sprite for the other player it'll be removed from your own farmer(if you and them are the same gender in game).
                          It all comes down to what sprites each player has though. And I'm unsure if there are ways to make it more in depth than that.

Sorry for the ramble woops

Last edited: May 16, 2018
                          • BrittTheFox

BrittTheFox Void-Bound Voyager

awesome mod, for the multiplayer though I have a small problem. when you load up the game the ears and tail are missing from the player. is there a way to fix this? still a great mod and hope you keep up the good work!

• Sabs like "labs"

Sabs like "labs" Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have already performed the conversion but have not released them yet, since I only privately requested permission to do so in the past few hours, not realizing that you had already requested permission. Either way, I'm ready to create the Mod entry on Nexus so that I can add the Mod ID to them and upload.

Whether I get permission to release or someone else does... or if LackeDragon decides to perform the conversion himself... matters nothing at all to me. I just would like to see it released.

• EevyernDracaneon

I hadn't even begun on conversion, I was waiting to hear if Lacke was willing to let someone take a shot to get this out sooner, but I'm glad to see that there currently is a CP version of it from you! I hope either Lacke completes theirs or uploads yours :0

• Sabs like "labs"

I feel like I'm sitting on a buried treasure. I want to share, but it's not really mine. xD

• Sabs like "labs"

@LackeDragon I don't know how often you check the forums, but I have created Content Patcher content packs for your current versions of this mod. Though I created them for personal use, they are ready to be released, and I can do so on NexusMods. I'm just awaiting your permission to do so.

DaMarCo+ likes this.
                                    • LackeDragon

I actually have someone who asked me that too in PM : "Sabs like "sabs"
                                      So maybe try to communicate between you to decide who wants to do that. I'm not against it in anyway tho'! Gonna make me win some times.
                                      But I'm not against some explanations for future editions.

Never encountered that problem. Verify your files maybe? If the hair still here, it's the file. If it's a loading error, there ear AND hair should be missing since it's the same file.

You can sure share. I will link it in the original post. But be sure to get on the same chord between you both to who release it etc xD
                                      On that tho', I'm not really a fan of it being on the Nexus without my original mod on there aswell. (I know I should put it there but didn't do it yet)

[Sorry for the late answers but the site stopped sending me mails about answers on the post ._.]

Sabs like "labs" likes this.