Breaking Geodes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DeLares, May 10, 2018.

1. DeLares

DeLares Tentacle Wrangler

Breaking geodes in the game is by far the most daunting process, especially when you have stacks of them in your inventory. You go to Clint, and, slowly but surely, break them down one at a time. After a while, this process gets very annoying.

Basically what I'm asking for is a way to break them down faster. Either the animation for breaking them doesn't play and you just get the item (the lame idea), or you make it so you can break multiple geodes at a time.

For the second idea, I was thinking that it would take longer to break down more geodes, kind of like upgrading a tool. You could have a max amount of geodes you can break at a time. The player can select the amount via a slider in multiples of 5, arrows counting up or down [Ex. < 50 > that kinda thing with the arrows as buttons if you catch my drift], or just have it shown like a shop, with the option of 1, 5, 25, 100, 200, etc.

I just think this idea would be more of a quality of life change than an absolute necessity, but it would be nice to have.

One the topic of Geodes, add a special geode for the Skull Cavern that give's Iridium and a slight chance (like .01%) for Prismatic Shard, but it still has the base stuff too.

Hope you see this Chucklefish, keep up the awesome work!

jjyy likes this.
    • gummywyrms

gummywyrms Pangalactic Porcupine

According to the Wiki, the Omni Geode has a chance for both of these, and is actually exactly what you described.

• jjyy

jjyy Void-Bound Voyager

I have same idea as the host. Two day service just like updating your tools. You pay Clint extra money to break hundreds of geodes, which makes him unavailable for the day, then after a day, you can retrieve the loot with a receipt of some sort for summary. Because honestly, breaking hundreds of geodes does happen, and when it happens the process is really daunting.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
          gummywyrms and Jen K like this.
        • Jen K

Jen K Lucky Number 13

I do think that's a good idea, but there would need to be a chest or something at Clint's counter that holds the contents of the geodes so that it doesn't fill your inventory. Even better if you can sell stuff back to Clint directly from the chest, I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to stop breaking geodes to sell things back to Clint to free up inventory space.

• gummywyrms

gummywyrms Pangalactic Porcupine

It would probably be a screen like with the Junimo Hut and Auto Grabber, which display the same amount as a chest.

Still, I think maybe then it would be limited to one type of geode, in case it still goes over the limited space. If it gets filled up, the stack of remaining geodes will take the last place of the inventory, and he'll say something like he just didn't have enough time to crack all the geodes. Assuming you would have to pay for the amount of geodes you dropped off, he would refund you the rest.

Or else, he could just take only stacks of 30 to begin with. It would still be pretty slow, but you wouldn't have to worry about leftover geodes, and could sort of passively have him crack them.