RELEASED [SMAPI] Chests Anywhere

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 17, 2016.

1. paxchristos

paxchristos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Possible bug, might be intended, but if a farmhand use chests anywhere in any place other than the farm, the changes they make are not updated until they come back to the farm. For example, if a client is fishing by the mines, and drops their catches in a bin back on the farm, the host won't see the items deposited until the farmhand moves back from the mines to the farm itself.

• FlySkyHigh

FlySkyHigh Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild I had it happen again today. Playing multiplayer, after 5 days of playing, was fishing daily and didn't come across anything. Turned in a community bundle and started getting the shipping bin. It appears that one of the prereqs of reproducing the bug is that the shipping bin seems to need at least one full line of items in it.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@paxchristos Not intended, but there are still some weird issues with farmhands using Chests Anywhere. Should be pretty solid for the main player now though.

@FlySkyHigh Thanks! Does it happen reliably if you start a new day, fill a row in the shipping bin, and turn in a community bundle?

• WolfRyu

WolfRyu Big Damn Hero

I tried to disable functionality in the mines via the config options, and it doesn't seem to work.
          Right now it's set to:

"DisabledInLocations": [
          "Mine",
          "SkullCave",
          "UndergroundMine"

I might be missing something I just copied the location names from the old balanced version.
          Here's a copy of the config in case somebody wants to look (converted it to .txt so I could upload)

EDIT: forgot to mention it kinda works but only in the mine entrance, the rest of the mine you can access chests in

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2018
          • paxchristos

paxchristos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Possible bug related to farmhands being wonky, if the host and a farmhand have the shipping box open at the same time, anything the farmhand puts in the box disappears as soon as the host starts manipulating the shipping box.

• Zybert

Zybert Void-Bound Voyager

I have found a bug in the shipping bin (tested in singleplayer 1.3beta)
              You can duplicate items that you put in the shipping bin
              If you right click on them to get 1 item back, you can do that endless for a item that only has a stack of 1 in the shipping bin, you will get 1 item in your inventory for every right click you do and the item in the shipping bin will still be there

Edit: Just testetd it without any other mod active, the bug is still there

FlySkyHigh likes this.
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The mine location names changed in Stardew Valley 1.3. The location name now contains the mine level (like UndergroundMine5, UndergroundMine128, etc). I'll look into a workaround for an upcoming Chests Anywhere beta. :)

Thanks for reporting these! I'll look into them for the next Chests Anywhere update.

• WolfRyu

WolfRyu Big Damn Hero

For now I might just set it to "CurrentLocation"
                  I'll be looking foreward to the new update :)

Thanks again for the great mod!

• Shadofox513

Shadofox513 Space Hobo

I just had the bug where I put items in the shipping bin and they disappeared instead of selling at end of day. It was not all my items, only some of them, which is odd. I have the updated version for the beta.

Thanks!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Shadofox513 That's fixed in the upcoming Chests Anywhere 1.13-beta.3. (I'll post a message here when it's released.)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Chests Anywhere 1.13-beta.3 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3 only.)

Release notes:
                        • Added Automate options to edit-chest UI (if Automate is installed).
                        • Fixed item duplication bug.
                        • Fixed conflicts when two players interact with the shipping bin at the same time.
                        • Fixed UndergroundMine in config.json no longer matching mine levels in Stardew Valley 1.3.

SiderisAnon likes this.
                        • LoneWolf22113

LoneWolf22113 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!

I don't know if these two bugs were fixed (i'm sorry if they were), but I'm going to list them anyway. The only fix is to go to one of the chests and open it normally.

Bug no 1 : When going to the Shipping Bin through the Chests Anywhere i can't seem to be able to switch back to my chests.

Bug no 2 : In certain locations/places/situations (like the fishing minigame for points) where you can't open your inventory/other menus , when you try to Open Chests Anywhere menu (thru the hotkey) it will lock you in it (simply put you can't get out of the menu or do anything else).

I also found another bug when you open your inventory (E) click on any item (to hold it in place of cursor) and then press the hotkey for Chests Anywhere that item WILL DISAPPEAR!

Last edited: May 15, 2018
                          • RobotsFearMe

RobotsFearMe Void-Bound Voyager

Hi,
                            Last night I updated ChestsAnywhere and SMAPI to the latest versions, and would like to report a bug:

When I send an item to the shipping bin, and then put it back into my inventory, the item is being duplicated (ie I place 2 pumpkins in bin. Then when I move them back to my inventory, I have 4). This is happening to both me (as host) and my farmhand.

Thanks!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Does the category dropdown on the top-right still work?

I fixed these in the upcoming Chests Anywhere 1.13-beta.4. Thanks for reporting them!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Chests Anywhere 1.13-beta.4 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3 beta only.)

Release notes:
                                • Fixed shipping bin item duplication bug.
                                • Fixed 'ok' button not closing menu in rare cases.
                                • Fixed issue where opening the chest UI from the inventory screen while holding an item destroys the item.
                                • Improved Spanish translations. (Thanks to alca259!)

• Linerax

Linerax Space Hobo

Is there any way to rebind the N key that toggles Balanced Mode True/False? I cannot find a way in the config.json file.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Chests Anywhere doesn't have a balanced mode toggle; that's from a different mod.

• Linerax

Linerax Space Hobo

Sorry, my mistake then.

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

This is a really minor thing, but is there any way to stop the entire chest inventory screen from blinking whenever I add an item to a chest?
                                        Also, I have to login to nexus mods to download now. Is this new or just me (because I downloaded one while logged in, and now nexus has my IP addy)?
                                        Thanks

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@margotbean Does the menu blink only happen when the mod is installed? The game internally closes and reopens the menu when the items change, but Chests Anywhere shouldn't affect that since it just draws its overlay over it. Re Nexus, they disabled anonymous downloads earlier today as part of their new Donation Points system.

margotbean likes this.