Modding Help Beginner's Guide to XNB Node and Graphics Editing

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cure, Mar 20, 2016.

1. LiveWireGoth

LiveWireGoth Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry to bug you but for some reason when I tried to start up XNB Node it loads for a moment then closes for no reason, I even tried to re-downloading it but it happened again. Not even trying XNB Extract doesn't work. I have Windows 10(I had Windows 7 before but that was before having to get a new laptop) & I'm not sure if that's the problem or not. Sorry if I'm wasting someone's time or this was already asked or something.

Nevermind found XNB Node Master & that works.>_>;

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

xnb-node is a console application, you need to open the console and run it through that, there should be instructions on *the google* you can follow.

• LiveWireGoth

LiveWireGoth Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for telling me

• Blackblooddoomwolf

Blackblooddoomwolf Void-Bound Voyager

I'm a bit confused. I have multiple craftable.xnbs I'm trying to combine they try to replace each other when put together in a folder for extraction how can I stop this? If I rename them to stop them trying to replace each other will I just be able to change the name back to the original name to get it to work again?

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

yep, just change names temporarily

• Blackblooddoomwolf

Thank you so much! One more question I finished editing in gimp but now gimp has turned it into an xfb file. How do I change this back into a .png?

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

you need to export it, not save it, it's wierd....
                and you want to uncheck the option for 'save background colors'

• Blackblooddoomwolf

Thanks for all the help! Everything seems to be in order!

• ThatAnarchyDude

ThatAnarchyDude Aquatic Astronaut

I tried to pack an unpacked .tbin into a folder, and all I got was this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\Community\a
                    main.js:65
                    throw e;
                    ^

Error: EISDIR: illegal operation on a directory, open 'C:\Program Files (x86)
                    eam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\Community\NewFarmMap'
                    at Error (native)
                    at Object.fs.openSync (fs.js:584:18)
                    at Object.fs.writeFileSync (fs.js:1224:33)
                    at packXnb (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\
                    s\Community\app\main.js:54:8)
                    at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\Comm
                    ty\app\main.js:60:16
                    at applyOrRecurse (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew
                    ley\Mods\Community\app\main.js:86:9)
                    at Command.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sta
                    w Valley\Mods\Community\app\main.js:28:9)
                    at Command.listener (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starde
                    alley\Mods\Community\app\node_modules\commander\index.js:301:8)
                    at emitTwo (events.js:100:13)
                    at Command.emit (events.js:185:7)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\Community>

• White_kitsune

White_kitsune Yeah, You!

Thank you for the guide, this has helped me a lot with modding so i can freely edit the sprites

• inkuu

inkuu Yeah, You!

• konerini

konerini Big Damn Hero

I also faced the .png bug when using XNB Node. I tried to export certain pngs using XNB Node 0.2.1.7. today (for the new SV 1.6 version), and it did result in some problems for me:
                        [​IMG]
                        Using XNB Node 0.2.2 (as suggested in the first post now) solved the issue.