Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.3 [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

They both use the old CurrentLocationChange events. They need to use the new PlayerEvents.Warped event

Last edited: May 8, 2018
      Nunah likes this.
    • Nunah

Nunah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Mizzion

You're welcome.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I've never seen that error before. Does it still happen if you reboot your computer and reset your game files?

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is the same error people we reporting on my mod page, it was able to be reproduced. I however have not been able to reproduce it myself.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@paradigmnomad Let me know if you figure out the repro steps; if I can reproduce it I should be able to fix it.

• paradigmnomad

I will, but I'll attach this log: https://log.smapi.io/SXSBwfhK (only one I have) from somebody with the same error. This was from May 2nd

• Farmer_Moe

Farmer_Moe Space Hobo

@Pathoschild @paradigmnomad
                So I was able to reproduce the error again, after I restartet my pc, verified the intergrity of my game files and I also installed the immersive farm 2 mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1531/)
                However, now I dont get errors anymore in the SMAPI screen, but the freezes are still there. Every time the ingame clock moves to the next 10 minutes Im getting a three second window freeze of my ingame screen, when I run around my farm, or the town. I can repro that after I created a new game and also with a loaded game.
                Here is my latest SMAPI log: https://log.smapi.io/p4Xqhr2R
                As you can see there are no errors, but the freezes are there. Also on the immersive farm 2 there is a non edited field by the dogs house https://imgur.com/a/BFw698J

Are you guys not experiencing these freezes, or stutters in the game, when u have installed Eemies just a new map recolour - content patcher edition mod with the 1.3 beta version?

Edit - 11: 17 am CEST
                Ok now the errors are here again, after I created a new game. I didnt change anything, just started a new game. Here is the log: https://log.smapi.io/VnnGjUED

Edit - 11: 30 am CEST
                Now I deinstalled the game completely, deleted the steam folder and installed the game again and switched to beta. I just added SMAPI, content patcher and eemies mod. Getting the same errors again and the freezes after starting a new game: https://log.smapi.io/0RqjcEKu

Last edited: May 9, 2018
                • f4iTh

f4iTh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Walk Through Trellis should be fixed & updated (as an unofficial update) for SMAPI 2.6-beta.8

Nunah likes this.
                  • paradigmnomad

I'm not having any issue with Eemie's Map Recolor or Flower Valley (both CP) as well as A Toned Down SDV. But this shows that multiple people can reproduce it, the question is how exactly.

• Farmer_Moe

Farmer_Moe Space Hobo

@paradigmnomad Do you read my post? I wrote how exactly I can reproduce it.
                      Maybe u can tell us more about the steps u try to reproduce it in detail? Are u using the 1.3 beta stardew valley version and also the SMAPI and content patcher newest beta versions? Is there more need than these components to use the eemie mod? In the requirements of eemies just a new map recolour mod are just the smapi and content patcher listed, is that still correct?
                      Are you using this eemie map recolor mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2050
                      So I ask more clearly, have you tried it with these steps:

1. Uninstall stardew valley and reinstall the newest beta version
                      2. Start Stardew valley one time befor installing SMAPI
                      3. Install SMAPI 2.6-beta.8
                      4. Set the launch options in steam. On my PC: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe" %command%
                      5. Paste the Content Patcher 1.4-beta.2 into the mod directory of ur files
                      6. Add Eemie's Just A New Map Recolour - Content Patcher Edition into the mod directory
                      7. Now I have these elements in my mod folder: [CP] Eemie's Map Recolors, Console Commands, ContentPatcher
                      8. Launch the game through steam with the launch options to start it through the SMAPI api
                      9. Create a new game with the standard farm and skip the intro
                      10. Get freezes every time the time ticks and also error codes from SMAPI
                      11. I did this right now again and can instantly reproduce it. Here is my new log file: https://log.smapi.io/KrprnLr3
                      I did exactly these steps, and nothing more. Hope this will help you

• paradigmnomad

Those steps don't reproduce the error for me which leads me to believe it's a system issue rather than a SMAPI issue. Either way, Pathos would be the one to look into this, not me, but this may help them reproduce it.

I made Flower Valley's CP conversion and people posted the same error happening with that conversion, of which Eemie's is a dependency. That's why I'm interested in finding a fix, not because I'm having the error.

• Farmer_Moe

Farmer_Moe Space Hobo

@paradigmnomad well thanks, that you looked on it and Im also interested what is causing that error.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Can you try something for me @Farmer_Moe? Can you try starting a new game in English, and see if the freezes happen?

@Pathoschild & @paradigmnomad
                            I'm not getting any of the error messages on my Linux system. But one thing I noticed about the logs y'all have shared, and was able to reproduce on my end; were the constant freezes.
                            Same 2 mods, latest SMAPI, and game.

When starting a new game in English; there's no problems when walking onto the farm, or just wandering around.

But, creating a new game in Portuguese, or German; like the logs referenced(likely other languages as well, but only ones I've tested so far) is another story. Walking onto the farm causes the game to lockup constantly for me.

• Farmer_Moe

Farmer_Moe Space Hobo

@MysticTempest wow dude that fixed it :cathug:, if I set the client to english the errors are gone and the freezes also.
                              Very nice.... that was simple xD

MysticTempest likes this.
                              • r.c.brito91

r.c.brito91 Big Damn Hero

People, does anyone know something about the Better Ranching mod? it is still outdated

• Mizzion

Here's an unofficial version of Better Ranching that I found the github page to. I haven't tested it completely yet, but it seemed to work.

Unofficial Update to AutomatedDoors
                                  Update to Part of The Community.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2018
                                    saradarko7 and Nunah like this.
                                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Farmer_Moe @MysticTempest @paradigmnomad There's a major rewrite to the way SMAPI handles content internally coming in SMAPI 2.6-beta.9, so I'm going to hold off looking into this quite yet. Let's see if it still happens after those changes. :)

paradigmnomad likes this.
                                    • masternetra

masternetra Big Damn Hero

Can you do a update of Configurable Improved Sprinklers?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.