RELEASED Yama's Desert & Sewer Expansions [1.4 ready for testing!]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Yamadataiki, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

I'm waiting for v1.3 to be stable and then I'm ready to wet my feet again with SDV modding. Since it seems pathoschild is still maintaining SMAPI (he had a mp build out really fast lol), I'm kinda excited to get back into things.

Since I last tried modding SDV, I've gotten so much more experienced at both map building and drawing pixel art, so I should be able to create some neat stuff!

@Yamadataiki Your desert and sewer maps were some of my favorites to explore, but I totally agree with you about these custom maps: there needs to be a reason to go there other than "eyecandy land". I'd be happy collaborate with your maps and whatnot if you'd like. I'm just waiting for mp to get out of beta and then SMAPI to catch up before I get started with doing anything serious (I mean we still kinda need ALL to do custom maps with any ease).

• Yamadataiki

Yamadataiki Phantasmal Quasar

That would be fantastic. Just toss me a message or post here in about a month when everything's in order with multiplayer and smapi and I'll be happy to collab with you. I'll be checking in about twice a week till then in case they're able to get the kinks worked out faster than expected.

• Ulithium_Dragon

Yeah I'm hoping it won't be too long, and that it won't be too hard for entax (oh god it's been to long, I know I just butchered his name lol) to update his framework and then ALL.

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just always say Ento, it's easier that way :p

That said, apparently a lot broke on his end due to 1.3 beta, so he isn't even updating it till 1.3 launches in full

Also, feel free to let me know (both of you) if you want me to send the files of anything I altered when upkeeping your mods. Yama probably has access to everything through the two releases, but I never finished the alterations I was planning to your mod, Ulithium

Good to have both of you (tentatively) back

Last edited: May 7, 2018
          • Ulithium_Dragon

Sure, go ahead and send em. And yeah I was guessing he would wait till stable before trying to update. His stuff is... really complex, and the more complex a mod is, the easier (and more spectacularly) it can break on an update lol.

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Since you guys were talking collabs, I wanted to key you guys in on a project me and another guy (@hisame.artwork ) are planning to start up. It's looking like they've got big plans for the desert tourist resort, with shops, hotels perhaps, and lots of NPCs. Let me know if any of you are interested. We're getting a discord group together if so. Not sure what all will come of it, but at the very least, it'll probably be a lot of ideas thrown around. Would love to have you guys (or anyone else whose able to contribute) on board

https://discord.gg/zsp6vK

EDIT: After re-reading this, I wanted to make sure you guys didn't think this was us trying to compete with YDE. This project just got started because of YDE, and only happened because @hisame.artwork asked me about Yama and this mod, and I said that Yama wasn't likely to show up after so long (which I'm happy to hear I was wrong about). Don't want to speak for them, but I'm sure hisame would be as happy to add to YDE than make a separate mod, if you were interested Yama

As you may be able to tell, I'm a bit excited, and prone to overthinking things when that happens

Last edited: May 9, 2018
                Yamadataiki and HopeWasHere like this.
              • Yamadataiki

Yamadataiki Phantasmal Quasar

Sure, If anything we can work together to keep our projects compatible and complementary to each others. I joined your discord under the username Redrus.

13akoors likes this.
                • astrosnik0506

astrosnik0506 Void-Bound Voyager

Any Updates? Can this be used with multiplayer?