RELEASED Content Patcher *

Loads content packs that change the game's images and data without replacing XNB files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baka-Alpaca

Baka-Alpaca Big Damn Hero

I'm... at my wit's end. I know this should be super simple, but I can't get cursors to replace. I am abysmal at java, and I just wanted to replace like, the cat icon, dog icon, and horse icon to match the in-game ones I edited. I'll be trying to replace scarecrows next, but my faith in myself is waning...

It keeps telling me that my content.json is not a valid JSON file, and there's something supposedly wrong in the 8th line, but I can't remotely figure out what.

This is my error:

[​IMG]

{
    "Format": "1.0",
    "Changes": [
    {
    "Action": "EditImage",
    "Target": "LooseSprites/Cursors",
    "FromFile": "assets/cat.png"
    "ToArea": { "X": 161, "Y": 194, "Width": 13, "Height": 11 },
    },

{
    "FromFile": "assets/dog.png"
    "ToArea": { "X": 178, "Y": 191, "Width": 13, "Height": 13 },
    },

{
    "FromFile": "assets/horse.png",
    "ToArea": { "X": 194, "Y": 191, "Width": 12, "Height": 14 },
    },
    ]
    }

What am I doing wrong? ;o; please help...

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Baka-Alpaca You're missing a comma at the end of the "FromFile" line for the cat and dog. :)

• Baka-Alpaca

Baka-Alpaca Big Damn Hero

@Pathoschild I caught that after I posted (but thank you!), but it still gives me the error ;; I don't know what's wrong.

edit: oh for lord's sake, I was editing the wrong content file... I made lots of back-ups... OTL !!!

Thank you so much tho, I really appreciate the ease of my psyche ;v;

• peppier

peppier Intergalactic Tourist

Okay so I have Content patcher in my folder and I'm trying to start up the game but SMAPI is still skipping over them

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• hatmouse

hatmouse Subatomic Cosmonaut

Pathoschild likes this.
          • peppier

here

Attached Files:

• hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

peppier, do those two files have manifest.json in their folders? that's what your error message says is missing. If they do, please upload what the manifest.json files contain, as there may be an error preventing SMAPI from reading them.

• peppier

Attached Files:

• peppier

it does have it my friend looked it over as well and said that it didn't make sense

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@peppier Can you upload your SMAPI log to log.smapi.io (see instructions there)? I need more details than that screenshot shows.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

So, is there a way to add a new file with content patcher? working on converting my map edits to Content patcher, and I have a new tilesheet it uses.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Allayna Target doesn't need to match an existing game file, so you can add new files too.

If you add the map as a .tbin file through Content Patcher, it will automatically detect tilesheets relative to your map file and load those too. There are two limitations though:
                      • Custom map tilesheets may cause an error when loading a save. That's fixed in SMAPI 2.6-beta.8.
                      • Map tilesheets with a seasonal prefix (like spring_X) won't work due to an issue in the game's seasonal logic. I'll be proposing a change to the game code to fix that, but in the meantime you can work around it by adding a seasonal "Action": "Load" patch for the tilesheet and leaving out the seasonal prefix in the name.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

hwayunhae likes this.
                      • hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmm. Is it possible for similar logic to work with .tmx files, if one is using TMX loader alongside Content Patcher?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Not currently; I'll need to look into what that would involve.

• CrowFX

CrowFX Void-Bound Voyager

Question. Which order the "Action" commands of "Load", "EditData" or "EditImage" goes first?

So let's say I have one mod that uses whole xnb to edit dialogues, but also want another mod that edits the same file but this one with EditData.

For the first mod, I created a "Load" content.json (and also the manifest.json consequently), the second mod is just merely added to mods folder.

Which one that gets loaded first and get overwritten by the other?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@CrowFX "Load" always happens first, then any "EditData" or "EditImage" patches are applied in the order they're listed.

CrowFX and Kuriiyo like this.
                              • Suppeedi

Suppeedi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, so, after getting goaded by a friend I did actually jump on the beta, ahahaha...

Can tell you that my farmer base mods are working A-OK!...

But now my shirt and skincolor additions arent. ^^;

Considering that BEFORE I installed the Stardew, SMAPI and Content Patcher betas, these were working fine, I'm not sure why they're not, NOW.

Surprisingly, my hairstyle additions still work, despite also adding to the files.. (none of these replace images, they add to them.)

This is basically what my content.json has:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Suppeedi can you come ask on Discord? I'll need to ask some questions and run some tests to find the issue, and it'll be much easier over chat than forum posts. :)

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.