Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Minervamaga, I'm not having problems with it, the mod works fine on my beta game. Destroyerofsocks is the one who couldn't get it to work on his non-beta game. I had the original mod before I opted-in to the beta and may have had some of the old files still hanging around..

• Ailsaek

Ailsaek Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just read through the entire thread and didn’t see it, is anyone working on Mi’s Victorian interior mod?

• hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

I made a content patcher version of Ali's Fairy Buildings, including the two buildings by lightlytoasted, you can find them here.

IIRC, Mi already put up a Custom Furniture patch on their page at the Nexus, but AFIK the interiors themselves are a full replacement. I can make a patch. Give me about 3 minutes half an hour.

edit: okay, more like 2 hours. but it's done.
        If there's anything wrong with the file, let me know.

Hosted on Mediafire because the file was too big for the forums.
        Mi's Classy Victorian Interiors - 4.66MB

EDIT 2: Fixed link version that is working in 1.2.31.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
          flameofnight likes this.
        • D.Grey

D.Grey Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have tried to correct a few wrong link in this page, but i can't do that. Probably only an administrator can do it. I don't know.

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can either post here or send me a DM with what needs changed and I'll fix it. I did a lot of the editing late at night so there's bound to be errors.

• Danee_H

Danee_H Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having an error (I just changed the color for purple at config.json):
              [ContentPatcher] Error loading content pack 'Mi's Classy Victorian Interiors'. Technical details:
              Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Can't parse JSON file at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[CP] Mi's Classy Vicotorian Interiors\content.json. This doesn't seem to be valid JSON.
              Technical details: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'Changes[0].FromFile', line 16, position 2.
              at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Serialisation.JsonHelper.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String fullPath) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Serialisation\JsonHelper.cs:line 82
              at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentPack.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String path) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentPack.cs:line 57
              at ContentPatcher.ModEntry.LoadContentPacks() in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\ModEntry.cs:line 169

• Seyph

Seyph Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@hwayunhae, it seems you're missing commas at the end of each "FromFile" line. You might also want to check out your Language conditions.

hwayunhae likes this.
                • tera415

tera415 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mod: Dashshund dog replacer (with and without hotdog bun)
                  I decided t try and make a content patcher so please tell me if I did it right. Original mod https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/156/?tab=posts
                  This is an unofficial update. The author can freely upload this to their page or ask it to be taken down.

Attached Files:

RainbowPantuflas likes this.
                  • destroyerofsocks

destroyerofsocks Aquatic Astronaut

Moragaine, I figured out the difference between the original mod and your version.

The original mod has four different xnb files to overwrite: FarmHouse2, FarmHouse2_marriage, and farmhouse_tiles in Content/Maps folder, and farmhouse_tiles in Content folder.

It looks like the Content JSON file for your mod only overwrites the first two files, FarmHouse2 and FarmHouse2_marriage.

I made a copy of your mod, added the other two files, edited the content file to Action:Load them the same way, and it works perfectly for me now! And I learned something, too.

Attached Files:

• hwayunhae

Something as simple as a bunch of missing commas. Sorry I didn't catch it earlier, when I playtested it for myself I was using the one where I had caught that error, but I forgot to update the .zip.
                      Not sure what's going on with the languages parameter, so I removed those lines from this version. So unfortunately, this is English only until I get a bit more used to CP.

EDIT: correcting link to latest fixed version

[CP] Mi's Victorian Furniture 1.0.2 (English)

• demideerling

demideerling Void-Bound Voyager

Hi thank you for converting the furniture but I think something went wrong? I used the link you put and got this

Error loading content pack 'Mi's Classy Victorian Interiors'. Technical details: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Can't parse JSON file at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[CP] Mi's Classy Vicotorian Interiors\content.json. This doesn't seem to be valid JSON. Technical details: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: {. Path 'Changes[5].When.Language', line 129, position 16. at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Serialisation.JsonHelper.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String fullPath) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Serialisation\JsonHelper.cs:line 82 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentPack.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String path) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentPack.cs:line 57 at ContentPatcher.ModEntry.LoadContentPacks() in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\ModEntry.cs:line 169

• D.Grey

D.Grey Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Attached Files:

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Thank you! This will be very helpful for me to figure out doing this in the future.

iselia likes this.
                          • Ailsaek

Ailsaek Subatomic Cosmonaut

I got this error too. I’m going to try opening it up in BBEdit.

• hwayunhae

I'm not sure what's going wrong here. When I run it in my game (SDV 1.2.31) it works. I'll go over the contents file again and make sure I didn't accidentally miss a number or something similarly stupid.

@demideerling @Ailsaek

I'm not sure how I managed to not catch this (probably because I was looking for the reason within the contents of my json files themselves).

If you're experiencing the error while trying to use the purple color, (and only then) this SHOULD fix your error. the name of the file folder was missing a pluralization, which I didn't notice when I first copied over the original folders into my assets folder. >.<

Please let me know if this causes any further issues.

Version 1.0.2

• demideerling

demideerling Void-Bound Voyager

Oh @hwayunhae It probably has something to do with the fact I'm playing on the multiplayer beta- which is 1.3.9?

• Umeneko

Umeneko Void-Bound Voyager

first attempt and i seem to have done something wrong

[19:50:56 ERROR ContentPatcher] Error loading content pack 'Unofficial Waddles'. Technical details:
                                  Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Can't parse JSON file at F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[CP] Unofficial Waddles\content.json. This doesn't seem to be valid JSON.
                                  Technical details: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: {. Path 'Changes[0]', line 10, position 11.
                                  at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Serialisation.JsonHelper.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String fullPath) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Serialisation\JsonHelper.cs:line 82
                                  at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentPack.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String path) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentPack.cs:line 57
                                  at ContentPatcher.ModEntry.LoadContentPacks() in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\ModEntry.cs:line 169

This is an update for myself, as i've been unable to contact the original author as to why they deleted the mod

Edit: made changes and cleaned up the files, same error

Attached Files:

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I loaded up your file because I was curious why it wasn't working. Each block of code can only support one `From` and one `To` Area file. You'll have to do them individually if you want this conversion to work properly. It also looks like you're missing an } at the bottom according to Sublime.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Line 9 should have a comma after the parentheses.

And, line 14; right after your bracket should be another parentheses.
                                      I'd recommend moving the final bracket and parentheses to new lines for readability. But, all you really need are those 2 tweaks.

• Umeneko

Umeneko Void-Bound Voyager

Edited the attachment with the changes, same error, much confusion.

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.