1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Weapons Addition 1.3.9.0

Your arsenal will broaden so much you won't be able to carry it all at once.

1. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Phantasmal Quasar

Not really, but I think the recipe names for the Particle Accelerator may be tripping up Starbound (as in SB doesn't like them). I will try changing around the recipe names and see if that works.

Renzope likes this.
  2. Renzope

Renzope Void-Bound Voyager

Howdy, new bug found.
    It seems that the durasteel/titanium bars have been removed from the furnance recipe list.

3. SpazDiesFirst360.0

Looks like something wrong with the mass smelter supplement. Will look into that.

4. SpazDiesFirst360.0

I am looking to break all the PAA content into a separate mod called Science Addition. It should help to slowly remove the FU requirement for the mod.

Renzope likes this.
  5. SpazDiesFirst360.0

I'm working on nuclear decay as part of the "Nuclear Update".

This will affect any radioactive items added with this mod, but it will not affect any of FU's stuff. However, if enough of my mod users say otherwise, I will release a mini-patch that addresses that, if Sayter is okay with that.

If users disagree with this idea, I will not implement it. So if you feel that is a good or bad idea, feel free to say so.

Note that this is part of the PAA content and when such content is split from WA, it will be part of the to-be Science Addition.

Renzope likes this.
  6. Renzope

AYE, that mini patch sounds great.

7. SpazDiesFirst360.0

I have received a bug report from a Steam user about encountering segfaults when generating dungeons added with this mod. Can anyone confirm this? I need to know if this is a unique case or a widespread issue.

8. Renzope

hello,it's me again. it seems that i can't craft refined ferozium nor aegisalt.

9. SpazDiesFirst360.0

Can you provide me a log? It would help a lot.

I thought this kind of issue had been fixed, but I guess not...

10. Renzope

i don't seem to find it and even if i did i have no idea how to upload it, i have to say that i have manually "fixed" this by using the mass smelter.

11. SpazDiesFirst360.0

So at the normal furnace, you cannot craft refined ferozium or aegisalt? If so, that is not right. The mass smelter recipes should never override the standard recipes, just like the standard recipes should never override the mass smelter recipes.

12. Renzope

something else i just tried, i tried to put any of the normal furnance ores (gold,silver,copper,etc) but they don't work in the mass smelter. it's like the mass smelter just works with the ores that don't work on the normal furnance mmm.

13. SpazDiesFirst360.0

That should not be happening either. I will change the recipes around to see if that is the issue, but other than that I have no clue as of now what could be causing the issue.

14. SpazDiesFirst360.0

Yaaaay, I finally managed to get a full repository for this mod working! This will help if people are having issues installing the mod.

This can also help people who want to help with development, as the mod, sadly, is a long way from done.

URL: https://github.com/Spazdiesfirst360/Weapons_Addition

15. SpazDiesFirst360.0

Some things to look forward to in the next update (this one may take a while);
    • Possibly a new mission or two(not the campaign from earlier).
    • Reworked weapons: weapons may now have flaws and unique abilities.
    • Some weapons WILL be nerfed.
    • Possible fps improvements (Super Submachine Gatling seriously needs to be toned down).

16. notanaccount2

notanaccount2 Big Damn Hero

seems this mod is now incompatible with current Frackin Universe
    upon loading these two mods together and only these two getting this error

"
    [Error] Could not instantiate item '[matteritem, 20, {}]'. (JsonException) Cannot convert from array to string
    [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '../storage/starbound.config'
    [Error] Could not instantiate item '[matteritem, 20, {}]'. (JsonException) Cannot convert from array to string
    "
    and it seems that FU and weaponsadditions now both contain this file
    was this mod rolled into FU or something?

17. SpazDiesFirst360.0

I doubt that. This the patch file for matteritem.item:

Code:
    [
      {
        "op": "add",
        "path": "/learnBlueprintsOnPickup/-",
        "value": "paa_antimatter"
      }
    ]

If it is an incompatibility, I have yet to come across it. But I also have not yet updated to the newest version (takes forever to unzip it and then pack it), so I may be wrong. I will look into it.

18. notanaccount2

Well, testing around with older versions of FU it does not cause this error
    and in the current version, it does have an extra file for matteritem, namely a recipe at
    ./FrackinUniverse-5.6.2611/recipes/chemlab/compounds/matteritem.recipe
    so presumably there is something with this that is causing the issue. Or at least something that was recently changed in FU.

removing matteritem.item.patch from either mod averts this error, and just editing in some other way of acquiring the blueprints the patch provides would avert this as well, but it does not answer what is actually occurring here.
    and while trying to look up this sort of error I came across this https://stackoverflow.com/questions...tiate-value-of-type-from-json-string#24984374
    which seems to be of a similar sort, so its probably something within some lua file somewhere, but I really don't know enough about lua to really be able to identify what the cause is.

And the only bit of advice I got from asking about this over on FU's page was to "just remove weapon additions" rather then any attempt to identify the error :/

19. SpazDiesFirst360.0

I will try adding the recipe to defaultBlueprints and see if that fixes it.

20. notanaccount2

Alright, thank you.