Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.3 [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Koihime Nakamura Thanks! Would you consider using the convention for unofficial updates (so the version would be 1.0.3-unofficial.1-koihimeNakamura)? That has a few benefits: it's clearly an unofficial update, it's clear who updated it, and the author can publish an official update with any version number and SMAPI will show an update alert for it.

@froststar11 Can you post your SMAPI log? Neither of those works for me.

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Uh.. I'll... poke at it. Let me add that to my to do list.

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Since I also updated it for SMAPI 2.0, here's the corrected format.

Attached Files:

• Elfinlocks

Elfinlocks Seal Broken

putaytoe and Adelvina like this.
        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Elfinlocks. If a mod is listed on the compatibility list as "not updated yet", there's no need to request it specifically. If the author doesn't update it themselves, we'll be updating open-source mods unofficially. It might take a while to get through them all, though. :)

Ahrnie and putaytoe like this.
          • Elfinlocks

Elfinlocks Seal Broken

Gotcha, thank you for explaining!

• VolantCaedis

VolantCaedis Void-Bound Voyager

Ok so I'm trying to make NPCMapLocations work, cause honestly it makes stuff so much simpler.

And I keep getting this.

[NPC Map Locations Mod] This mod failed in the GameEvents.UpdateTick event. Technical details:
              System.InvalidOperationException: The StardewValley.Options object doesn't have a 'SnappyMenus' instance field.
              at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Reflection.Reflector.GetField[TValue](Object obj, String name, Boolean required) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Reflection\Reflector.cs:line 43
              at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModHelpers.ReflectionHelper.GetField[TValue](Object obj, String name, Boolean required) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ModHelpers\ReflectionHelper.cs:line 47
              at NPCMapLocations.MapModMain.GameEvents_UpdateTick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\BPAK\projects\stardew-valley-mods\NPCMapLocations\MapModMain.cs:line 267
              at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent.Raise() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 110
              [NPC Map Locations Mod] This mod failed in the GraphicsEvents.OnPostRenderGuiEvent event. Technical details:
              System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              at NPCMapLocations.MapModMain.DrawMapPage() in C:\Users\BPAK\projects\stardew-valley-mods\NPCMapLocations\MapModMain.cs:line 543
              at NPCMapLocations.MapModMain.GraphicsEvents_OnPostRenderGuiEvent(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\BPAK\projects\stardew-valley-mods\NPCMapLocations\MapModMain.cs:line 534
              at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent.Raise() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 110
              [NPC Map Locations Mod] This mod failed in the GameEvents.UpdateTick event. Technical details:
              System.InvalidOperationException: The StardewValley.Options object doesn't have a 'SnappyMenus' instance field.
              at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Reflection.Reflector.GetField[TValue](Object obj, String name, Boolean required) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Reflection\Reflector.cs:line 43
              at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModHelpers.ReflectionHelper.GetField[TValue](Object obj, String name, Boolean required) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ModHelpers\ReflectionHelper.cs:line 47
              at NPCMapLocations.MapModMain.GameEvents_UpdateTick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\BPAK\projects\stardew-valley-mods\NPCMapLocations\MapModMain.cs:line 267

It just repeats this stuff like fifty times. I have no idea what to do.

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

I updated NPC Map Locations again. I fixed things that became obsolete, which made the mod out-dated. Not sure if anyone else noticed, but the Frames drop while the mod gathers the location's of the NPC's.

Side Note:
                Pull request sent in to the mod author.

Attached Files:

• Shiilo

Shiilo Space Hobo

I'm having problems updating NPCModLocations. I replaced the folder in 'Mods' with the beta update from github and Smapi (updated for beta) can't run it. No '.dll file. I don't see anything in the wiki for this, and searching online hasn't helped. The Readme.md in his mastermod folder is blank.

• skuldomg

skuldomg Void-Bound Voyager

I updated the MailFramework mod by Digus, since I'm planning to use it for my priceDrops mod. Here's my unofficial update attached, as well as the repo.

I also updated my own priceDrops mod for the new SV beta and published the code on GitHub.

Attached Files:

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Great, thank you.
                      I will see if I find some time later tonight to update on nexus as a optional file.
                      I was not paying much attention since up until now, no one was using the mod but myself.
                      Last night I was organizing my code on the husbandry mod to start working on updating it to 1.3
                      But now I will start with the MailFramework. I try to review your code and release an official version as soon as I can.

• skuldomg

Nice, thanks! I'm still experiencing problems but I'm not sure if it's related to the update. To keep it as little off-topic as possible, I'm creating a new letter with a condition that should be sent only once. Would using .saveLetter(myLetter) at day startup normally be enough? I'm doing that (with checks that ensure that it only gets sent once, of course), but it still gets sent over and over each day. If that's not intended behavior my "fix" is still buggy :)

EDIT: If there's no other way I will just delete them each night before going to bed, even though that would also remove them if they are still unread.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
                        • Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

You should download from https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/239 ; you probably downloaded the source code which would require you to build it to get the .dll files. I'm no longer doing github releases for NPC Map Locations now that I have multiple mods in that repo.

Fair warning, NPC Map Locations does NOT yet work properly with 1.3. Still trying to fix it.

Also, @Mizzion I think the 2.1-Beta notification was from me ninja editing the semantic version from 2.1-Beta to 2.1.0-Beta :p so you are fine

Shiilo likes this.
                          • Crystallyne

Crystallyne Void-Bound Voyager

• f4iTh

f4iTh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Updated Scythe Harvesting and it seems to be working fine from what I can tell. Should work in multiplayer as well (but haven't done foolproof testing on that).

EDIT: The original developer has uploaded an update that should be compatible with Stardew Valley 1.3 Beta, version 2.0.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
                            • LotionExplosion

LotionExplosion Big Damn Hero

A few things I noticed that are marked as working not actually working in the SMAPI compatability list (https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:SMAPI_compatibility):

Durable fences wasn't working for me. Every time I set down a fence, it appeared as a charred looking tree stump or something. Same thing for gates. I tried with regular fencing as well as hardwood fencing.

Automate doesn't work properly in multiplayer - The host player has to remove something in the machine group and put it back down for things to start working again ever time the save file is loaded.

Horse Whistle causes some crazy stuttering for some reason.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@LotionExplosion
                                • Make sure you have the latest SMAPI 2.6 beta and update to the second Horse Whistle update to fix the stuttering.
                                • Are you sure the fence issue is caused by Durable Fences? That mod only changes the fence health, so it wouldn't affect the texture.
                                • The Automate issue is a known issue; I'll look into that when I can and release a fix. :)

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Just released a version on nexus as an optional file. I did not test it myself because the only mod I have using it is Animal Husbandry and there is a lot to change there yet. But the changes are basically what you had already done.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
                                  • skuldomg

Awesome, thank you. It seems that you need to change the MinimumAPI key to 2.6-beta or the current version 2.6-beta.5 to let it load properly. Rest seems to work fine :)

Digus likes this.
                                    • Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

So, I'm updating my mod and there is one thing that will give me some trouble.
                                      I was using TemporaryAnimatedSprite, passing my custom 2DTexture as parameter.
                                      Code:
                                      _showSprite = new TemporaryAnimatedSprite(DataLoader.LooseSprites, new Rectangle(0, 0, 42, 28), 150f, 2, 999999, tv.getScreenPosition(), false, false, (float)((double)(tv.boundingBox.Bottom - 1) / 10000.0 + 9.99999974737875E-06), 0.0f, Color.White, tv.getScreenSizeModifier(), 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, false);
                                      I was doing that to the custom TV channel sprite. The base game place them on the LooseSprites file (aka Cursors), but since it's so big and so disconnected, I didn't append my sprites there and was using another custom file.
                                      Now I can't do like that anymore.
                                      I read on the wiki the suggestion to give any name and then use reflection to change the texture. Is that good way to handle the problem?
                                      I could do the way I did with tools and just append my sprites to the end of the game texture file, and reference it from there. But this has the disadvantages that I would need to keep track of the place my sprites was added in the file, since other mods could do that as well.

I was think if it's possible to add a new custom texture to the game and access it with a name also. I didn't have time to look into the game code to see if it's possible.
                                      Version 1.3 had some changes to help modders, I don't know why they change 2DTexture to be like that now, it's just limiting us.

Changed the file to fix that, thank you again.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
                                      Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.