1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexratman

alexratman Void-Bound Voyager

My friend and I are having some issues. The in game clock is de-synced between us. I start the day at 6:00am and by 7:00am they are 10 minutes behind. By 11am they are about an hour behind me.

The key issue this causes is not being able to progress to the next day. The game doesn't recognize that both players are in bed so doesn't try to progress.

It also affects duplication of items, as both me and the other player can pick up the items. The other player can also no open chests - even if they are in another zone.

Let me know what I can provide you guys to help with reproducing this

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

I also have run into the lag bug. It hasn't happened in multi-player yet, but on one of my older farms the game starts getting really laggy/stuttery after dusk when the lamp posts light up. The lag and stuttering disappear when I enter my house and it's only on my farm that I've noticed this problem.

• Jowy Avilon

Jowy Avilon Aquatic Astronaut

Glad someone else finally brought this up finally. Was starting to wonder if I should repost the issue again to try and get it some attention.

• etria

etria Space Hobo

MASSIVE Framerate drop. Along with the recycling bin. I figured out that torches just destroy framerate, even if you're just holding them in your hand. We have to go around our farm in pure darkness to avoid framerate drop. It went down to a solid 0-1fps.

I learned the torches are a problem but aren't actually whats destroying our framerate on the farm. I have no clue whats going on.

• Elleris

Elleris Space Hobo

I ran into an issue. The game works perfectly with 2 of us, and then as soon as a 3rd person joins it gets really awful.
            Takes forever to open chests and we crash while zoning to a new area.

Attached Files:

• alexratman

alexratman Void-Bound Voyager

Is it also affecting chests for you?
              My friend can't open chests when they are desynced.

It kinda feels like my game is ticking a little faster than my friends - which is strange

• iamkeq

iamkeq Space Spelunker

I noticed that in a hosted multiplayer game my single chicken is eating two hay per day. I have not tested this with the other animals yet since I have not progressed that far into testing yet.

Attached Files:

• SpookyBoo

SpookyBoo Space Hobo

Skipped cut scene with Willy and did not receive fishing pole.

• GauHelldragon

GauHelldragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Were you using version 1.3.3 or 1.3.4 when you got these crashes?

• ifreund

ifreund Space Hobo

Map is cut off at the bottom on 1366x768 screen resolution. The X in the top right corner seems to be off as well.
                      Hovering over buildings to see their name is also off: you must hover well above the building to get the tooltip.

[​IMG]
                      [​IMG]

• rdudley4

rdudley4 Void-Bound Voyager

My game, in both 1.3.3 and 1.3.4, is not registering the days of the week properly. For instance, the 2-a-week limit on gift giving is not resetting. Festivals are not triggering, although I do get notices that they are about to start. Occasionally, the traveling merchant appears but is "Sold Out" and has nothing for sale. Finishing a week or a season did not resolve.

• ifreund

ifreund Space Hobo

I also have this issue with my old save, what details are needed?

• Speshkitty

Speshkitty Void-Bound Voyager

On the framerate bug:

i7-7700k, 1080, 32GB RAM

Multiplayer, Wilderness farm

Started happening Spring 22 in the evenings
                            Started happening at any time at the start of summer turns out this was wrong, it was due to rain in the daytime

When walking into the farm, GPU usage drops from 10% to 2% and CPU usage jumps from ~7% to 14%
                            Graph link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/230438421116616704/440945039619653642/unknown.png

Also: I went to walk behind the greenhouse and framerate dropped from ~14FPS to 3FPS

• Jacky2611

Jacky2611 Space Hobo

We did some more (unintentional) testing and can now confirm: If another player eats something the server's game crashes. We have no idea why/how/since when this happened, but our best guess is around summer day 6.
                              I can also confirm Zephixis' crab pot problem. Also happens if you leave your crab pots empty for too long.

• stueby621

stueby621 Space Hobo

My friend and I noticed a sound bug (??) where you can hear each other walking or doing various tasks while in the same area of the map but it sounds as if they are standing right next to you when they could be as far away as possible in the same area.

Delirium19 likes this.
                                • Marble Leopard

Marble Leopard Space Hobo

My game details are set to friends only, and this is still a problem. I've attempted it on my laptop and my desktop and it's no dice for both. I have seen reports of some people having success on different machines within the same network, but I may just be unlucky to have both of mine refuse to connect. To reiterate my previous post, so far my attempts have been the following:
                                  • Verifying integrity of game files through Steam
                                  • Reinstalling Stardew Valley
                                  • Reinstalling Steam
                                  • Relocating Steam server location
                                  • Restarting computer
                                  • Restarting router
                                  • Disabling firewall & antivirus upon launch
                                  Some attempts were probably overzealous but it's been a process of elimination, without any success.

I've also seen reports from a very small handful of players that special characters in their Steam name (ü, ñ, ë, etc) was a factor for them, though that isn't the case with me and many others. When attempting to join a game from the drop down in my friend list or an invite sent via Steam, it's entirely unresponsive.

• TheBigBurgi

TheBigBurgi Space Hobo

Hi,
                                    I clicked at the help wanted quest sign at Piere's shop.
                                    Then my game crashed.
                                    At the same time my friend triggered the first community center scene.

I hope it helps you =D

• Julybeatles

Julybeatles Void-Bound Voyager

I exactly did the same things you did and it didn't work for me too.

• ackersass

ackersass Intergalactic Tourist

these are the notes i've collected so far whilst playing the stardew multi -
                                        - everything you forage, sell etc
                                        - all money you share even when you buy a building every penny you share
                                        - you can have up to 4 people in total, 3 cabins and host gets big house. You can extend your cabin.
                                        - the sound of each other sounds like your right next to each other whilst in reality your at different ends of the farm
                                        - one person can 'nap' whilst the other works. If you both want to sleep then go to bed at same time
                                        - can get a bit buggy like seeing the player in a place they're not and spawning two of an npc
                                        - there's 3 layouts of the cabins when making a new farm but unsure if you can actually place them yourself on an already made farm
                                        - it's easier to teach someone the game if they haven't played it before
                                        - furnace has glitched out, tried to move it and somehow formed two
                                        - spoke to an npc and spawned two on friends game
                                        - friend killed a bug in mine, I could still hear the buzzing like there was gonna be another one coming

• Akiyoshi Emy

Akiyoshi Emy Intergalactic Tourist

I was doing the quest to find Robin's lost axe, and when I got to it and picked it up from thr floo, the message "I better return this to Robin" (or something like that) appeared, but the axe's sprite didn't disappear from the flor. Itried to pick it up again, and the animation was of me plucking up a salmonberry (they're in season in my game right now.) Then I went to check my backpack, and there were two lost axes!
                                          Here's my screencap:
                                          http://prntscr.com/jch1tz
                                          I'll add to it as I try to return it to her.

Edit: I gave one axe to her, and one Lost Axe remains on my backpack. And I can't seem to get rid of it D;

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2018
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.