1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epicsadface

Epicsadface Space Hobo

We're getting massive desync issues. My game was at 9pm and the other guys was barely at 2. i could see him doing stuff and he could see me doing stuff but extremely delayed. I paused the game and he was still able to move and do stuff.

• FRZX

FRZX Intergalactic Tourist

when me and my friend try to sleep, it's can't save the game and it's delayed to long, we have different time like 4 hours in the game and another issue is the chest cannot open

• King_ECHatron_II

King_ECHatron_II Space Hobo

When my friend leaves the farm area, his game instantly crashes. As far as I know, I don't think he got a crash report...

• Warix3

Warix3 Void-Bound Voyager

Sometimes i can't press the invite friend button to show me the friends list and the invite options. There were no errors in logs.

• D3vi1Kunta1

D3vi1Kunta1 Space Hobo

i can't seem to connected to server or whatever it is ..... i've tried to uninstall SMAPI and the game itself 3 times but alas the problem still there ..... am i missing something ? if i am please do tell i've already follow the step by step from this https://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-v1-3-beta/ 20180501223837_1.jpg 20180501223919_1.jpg

• caiterade

caiterade Intergalactic Tourist

When you try to replace a wallpaper, it doesn't change. The flooring seems to work fine though.

• jawsawn

jawsawn Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys, you should really find a better place for people to send their bugs. Some minor visual bugs get buried for this reason. Maybe open a github or a similar stuff for just bugs? But good job sifting through this thread!

I have a bug when you have so many crops mature and you go outside, your frames drop for like 10-20 seconds. It effects singleplayer (I assume it effects mp aswell).

Also Scythe harvests doesn't give xp.

• ThatRandomPanda

ThatRandomPanda Void-Bound Voyager

Any time I try to sell anything I can't move my curser at all on the sell screen and I have to exit out of the game to be able to do anything

fruitori likes this.
                  • JustHere2Download

JustHere2Download Void-Bound Voyager

Still waiting to see if anything else has been said about this. I see several other people with this problem, but I haven't seen a follow up ever since the Developer told us to reinstall. My other friends joined the server just fine, so I'm pretty sure the problem lies within my game.

Jindra and viobeth22 like this.
                    • viobeth22

viobeth22 Space Hobo

This didn't work for me. I tried hosting a totally new farm and I still don't have the options to invite friends.

• Nilved

Nilved Space Hobo

If the farm is named as just a space (as in ' ') so that the farm will be called ' farm' then players cannot join.

• potandfish

potandfish Space Hobo

20180501130026_1.jpg 20180501130055_1.jpg 20180501130026_1.jpg 20180501130055_1.jpg 20180501130110_1.jpg 20180501130133_1.jpg 20180501130206_1.jpg [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
                          if i create un room(farm) for multiplayer, but i don't invite anyone, then i save and quit. after that i return in my game, the room(farm) is different, it can't be use for multiplayer, the options disappear and i can't invite anybody

Last edited: May 1, 2018
                          • Litmusdragon

Litmusdragon Space Spelunker

Hi all, I must be one of the only people using gamepad because I seem to be the first to report that the rumble functions of the gamepad are no longer working. Not for fishing, not for riding the horse, none of it. I am using a wireless x box 360 controller on Windows 7 PC if that matters, on a prior savegame. I have tried disable and re-enabling rumble to no effect.

• therealmeridah

therealmeridah Space Hobo

Hi,

We are playing LAN multiplayer. Host went into the mines while I was running around town. Each time he tried to load a new map(by clicking on the ladder) in the Mines, my game crashed. Additionally, if I tried to re-join the game while he was still in the mines, my game would crash on loading. This occurred several times. Attached are three log files: the first log file is from the initial crash, the second log file is from the crash on loading, and the third log file is a replication of the first.

Attached Files:

• Zifna

Zifna Void-Bound Voyager

My friend experienced this same issue. I was the host and he was a farmhand. I went to the mines, he spent the day fishing. Slime he kills don't count toward the quest and he can't enter the adventurer's guild. I don't think he's tried killing rock crabs lol

• xYuna

xYuna Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! Here are a few issues my friend and I came across in the first few hours of Co-Op mode:

1. While she was in the screen to place a new farm building, she was seeing my shadow run around her screen.
                                  2. Me as the joined person, I could not switch between the different scrolls of the Community Center when I opened it from my inventory.
                                  3. As the joined person, some character animations didn't appear, for example Sam on his skateboard or Sebastian on his computer didn't happen, instead they were just standing around.
                                  4. While fighting monsters in the Caves, sometimes the animation for cutting grass would appear and Fiber would drop. (EDIT: It's actually the grass on the farm that's being cut away.)
                                  5. When cutscenes appear that are important for the story, for example the Community Center one, where Lewis talks to you, I got teleported out of the Caves and back to the city.
                                  6. Sometimes while walking around her character model would randomly appear for a split second on my screen.

And now the most annoying bug: While I was in the Caves and my friend was walking around town, she can also hear the moths and bats when they fly around once they appear on my screen. The sound only vanishes once she changes the screen.

I hope you'll see this and check it out! :)

Last edited: May 2, 2018
                                    nachopique likes this.
                                  • AngelDX

AngelDX Lucky Number 13

Sometimes the tool hit sound happens multiple times. (As does the eating sound)
                                    The marker for farmhands TV doesn't move when I check the TV.
                                    Livin off the land for farmhand says its not ready.
                                    Enemies don't get knocked back from the farm hand.
                                    After opening and closing level 20 mine chest without taking sword, chest disappeared. After exiting and returning, the chest was still gone.
                                    Farmhands can contribute to bundles, but they dont show up except for the host. (On my collection screen it showed no bundles completed, it didnt even show the fish tank or pantry, despite being the only one doing bundles.) After the host checked however, the bundles did show completed and could check all 3 rooms, but they showed as incomplete for the farmhand.
                                    After disconnecting and reconnecting, farmhand has all energy refilled. (I had used it all up to 7 remaining before i DCd and upon reentering i was back to full.)
                                    Artifacts the farmhand donates show up in the collection, but the desription remains unknown (gunther can tell you about them...) and are not tracked for farmhand, much like the issue with the bundles stated above.

• Zifna

Zifna Void-Bound Voyager

This hasn't been the case for me, and interestingly did not seem to be the case for players I hosted. I (The host) had the same issue the original poster did - grubs went immune before beginning cocooning, but hosted players could hit the grub longer than I could, more in line with single player (which in my experience was until the cocoon animation began).

• Vanessi

Vanessi Yeah, You!

i have a couple problems :c I played multiplayer for a while and when i just started my singleplayer game some textures like the walls and my shoes were changed into the standart skin. I was able to fix the shoe one by just taking them off and on again but no matter how often i put new wallpapers on the wall it doesn't change :c What i noticed in the MP was that the community center book is buggy sometimes and shows that nothing is complete even tho some bundles are..I also had to do the same quests over and over bc they wouldnt go away.. Also when someone who is not me donates something to the museum it still says "gunther can tell u more about this blabla" even tho its already donated :( And i had crashes in the mines often too

Attached Files:

• Voidedge87

Voidedge87 Space Hobo

I had the Lag problem after 6PM, i belive its somewhat releated to the recycling maschine. We set it up and on same day it did lag, we replayed the day w/o building it and it went fine. After a few days i tried again and it would once again start with the lag. We moved it to the cave nearby and the lag stoped (after playing a day).

Another thing i noticed, if you hit a tree seed (acorn etc.) with a tool it no longer gives you the seed it just destroys it.

My Girlfriend had a visual bug on the crab pot when refilling it.

I managed to get the axe from the quest twice on pickup, my girlfriend already finished the quest so now we have an extra.

If someone could test out the Recycling mashine thingy on point 1 that would be great since that is a really annoying problem, the lag is horror.

StarryPills likes this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.