1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavZeroX

DavZeroX Space Hobo

I'm having an issue where when a player disconnects and comes back he gets all his stamina back

• freshleeksoup

freshleeksoup Space Spelunker

Slight Update Spoilers!!

I have 2 bugs as of now!

The first one being that my auto-feed coops and barns do not auto-feed consistently. Rarely they will auto-feed, but on most days, the food area will be empty.

The second one being a little worse. I had paid Robin to build Pam a house 2 days before the Valley Fair. She says it'll take 3 days. The next day came and she was building and working. Then came the Valley Fair. She stopped working and took the day off for the event as I expected her too just like she would when building something on the farm. However, when the day AFTER the Valley Fair came, I expected her to be back and building, however she wasn't there. I went to her shop, and I selected the Community builds option again, and she was again asking for 950 wood and 500,000 gold, as if I hadn't already paid her.

One last bit of info, I'm playing on Mac!

• bluumberry

bluumberry Void-Bound Voyager

The grub enemies in the mines are no longer hittable when they run to go make a cocoon.

• Chantiko

Chantiko Void-Bound Voyager

The game ran fine until maybe the the 6th or 7th of summer, then when we entered the farm at night we were hit with extremely bad lag to the point where I couldn't move my character. Upon trying to quit and relaunch the game goes into not responding and "stardew valley has stopped working". I attached my save file. I'm running windows 10. there were 3 people playing and we all encountered the lag but it was only upon entering the farm the rest of the map was fine and inside the houses was fine as well

EDIT: We were on a standard farm

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2018
          • Prinnyrampage

Prinnyrampage Space Hobo

Hi! Me and my friend found a bug where we put crops and other items in the box to sell them and after we went to sleep, it appears the table with the items we put and all the value goes fine until the game try to save the game and begin the next day there is when the game crashes

• mouse1996

mouse1996 Void-Bound Voyager

Furnace had a clear bubble above it and when I clicked on it it said my inventory was full when it wasn't. The bubble didn't go away until I put something into the furnace to be smelted.

• VocalFox

VocalFox Space Hobo

If the game disconnects in multiplayer (due to direct connection issues or crashes) all experience gained, quests completed, and interactions will be reset as though the day had just begun, but inventory will remain as it is when the client disconnected. Both one of my friends and myself have experienced this issue.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Updating to SMAPI 2.6 beta 3 should fix that.

Prinnyrampage likes this.
                  • Gion-Lo

Gion-Lo Intergalactic Tourist

I'm not sure if it's a bug, more like a glitch? But I started a new game to test this Beta out and I went to greet Penny (to complete one of the journal entries, where you gotta meet everyone.) Penny was about the walk out of the trailer as I came in. I left and the door made the shutting sound. Ever since then, the door shutting sound would randomly come and go while I was in Town, it didn't appear anywhere else.

• UlaGrey

UlaGrey Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm playing with around 3 people and I was doing the quest from Clint to get him 20 Copper ore. Issue, he took one ore as a present and then wouldn't take any for the quest, thus not letting me finish the quest. I ended up having to abandon it.
                      He was in the tavern when i tried to give him the ores

• xRaenboe

xRaenboe Void-Bound Voyager

1. When a wasp is triggered in the mine, the other players can hear it. Even when the wasp is dead they can still hear it until they change zones.
                        2. When someone is swinging a sword in the mine, other players can sometimes hear it.
                        3. On the first day we had different weather/luck on the TV.
                        4. A player couldn't talk to Abigail at all when she was standing near the river to the right of her house.
                        5. Noises from other players are at full volume no matter distance between them in the same zone.
                        6. The TV cooking shows given different cooking recipes to each player but showed Radish Salad (rerun) when it was not a rerun and nobody had learned it yet.
                        7. Cherry bombs weren't exploding in the mine.
                        8. I don't know if intentional, but there is no message about passing out when you pass out. You just wake up the next day and everyone has an energy penalty.
                        9. Not sure if intentional again, but if you have a request quest and also the give a gift quest, if you try to give someone a quest item it counts it as the gift quest item instead. Not great if it was a hard to find request item.

• DiscardedSlinky

DiscardedSlinky Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Me and my friend can't both get chests in the mines... That's really really annoying. How's that going to work for the stardrop?

• sammyllama

sammyllama Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having a bug where the outside of the screen stays daytime after sunset. Its happened 2 days in a row so far.
                            [​IMG]
                            [​IMG]

• Shelbynight

Shelbynight Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, so when my friend and I got the community center stuff for the first time, we decided to split it and each put in half, when we did this at the same time, it completed the bundle, but didn't trigger the 'bundle completed' thing, give us the reward, or unlock the next bundles. We reloaded the day and one of us finished it, and it worked, but perhaps this needs to be like chests where only one person can put things in at once or something?

• froststar11

froststar11 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello.

I have a few things to report.

First, the wood chair. When you place it and try to turn it, it changes into the seed maker sprite when it's facing downward.

Second, Since starting the beta, I keep having issues when I go to sleep for the night. If I've shipped anything during that day, the game will not move past the shipping totals screen. It isn't frozen. The background still moves (I've had geese flying, a ufo crossing the screen, etc.). But I cannot get my cursor to move, and I cannot click OK to move on. This means the game will not save, and my progress has been lost.

Third, the wallpaper in my bedroom (fully upgraded house) has disappeared. I tried to change it to something new, and it will not change from the default wood paneling. The same thing happened in the living room. The nursery and back room are fine though.

pepperonicat8 likes this.
                                • ellerae

ellerae Master Chief

Hi, minor issue but when I uploaded my v1.2 save into the beta all of my wallpapers went back to the default wood look. I can't change them either. I have the catalogue from Pierre's and tried to change multiple rooms to multiple things and nothing is changing. The flooring stayed the same though.

EDIT: Just went into my shed and both wallpaper and flooring has reverted to default.

• erhull2

erhull2 Void-Bound Voyager

I've found four bugs!

1) I woke up on day 2 and all of my tools had disappeared from the tool bar (see attached photo). I was still able to "use them." I could hover over the box where they were supposed to be and get a small pop up that said which tool was supposed to be in the box (axe, pickaxe, ect.)

2) While visiting my friend's farm, I was able to open the bundles preview from my backpack, but I was not able to page from bundle set to bundle set (ex: it would open on the "craft" bundle, but I was unable to page to the "fishing" bundle)

3) While my friend was fishing in the river and I was in the mines, my friend was able to hear all of the bug/monster noises from my game play AND the noises would persist even after I'd killed the bugs.

4) The treasure chests that appear every ten levels in the mines (with boots and sword upgrades) will only give one item to one player. (eg: my friend got boots, but I did not)

Hope this helps!! :)

Attached Files:

• MisaRyuk

MisaRyuk Void-Bound Voyager

I had something very similar happen. I'm hosting with one guest. She managed to get inside her cabin but not in bed by 2 and I didn't make it off the farm in time. The screen went black for us both. We waited several minutes but nothing happened. No sound, no visuals, just a black screen. I had to end up using Task Manager to close the game since I couldn't minimize it.

Also, I was in the mines and my friend was chopping down trees. Somehow wood, seeds, and sap ended up in the mines with me. I didn't think to take a screen cap. It only happened with one tree. Another thing I'm noticing is things will duplicate. I'll chop a weed and half a second later a second fiber loot will appear.

• froststar11

froststar11 Void-Bound Voyager

I am having the same problem, except I'm alone on my farm without any other players.

• CloverOcean

CloverOcean Intergalactic Tourist

First of all, so excited for this to be out. Even with the expected "beta-bugs" it's been wonderful. So far, I've played with only one person in multiplayer (wanted to keep it small for testing) and we've run into lots of "out-of-sync" issues.

Issue 1: Syncing.
                                          We first attributed this to lag - but it became gradually worse without any cause. After about 10 seconds of gameplay it would get more and more out of sync. (We could test this by trying to open a chest. The time it took between right-clicking and it actually opening, at first, instantly, then 5 seconds, then 10, then minutes, then not at all) The host could see the 2nd players actions in real time, while the 2nd player would be hours behind the host in gameplay / in-game clock. Player 2 would be stuck watching a very glitchy version of the Host's earlier actions, but strangely could see money usage in real time. Problems that arose with this syncing issue would be inability to open chests, enter new areas, inability to sleep/save, the possibility to chop tree's that had already been chopped by the host, etc. Strangely, if the 2nd player watered crops but ultimately had to leave and rejoin in order for the host to sleep, the crops would not stay watered. *Things that were not affected by the sync issue: Anything affecting personal inventory, Gathering items, farming, chopping, crafting, etc. Even with the issue, these things would eventually sync up (while leaving and returning)
                                          *Temporary Fix for Syncing Issues: Tilling lots of land with the hoe in conjunction with entering and exiting our house seemed to help things sync back up.

Issue 2: Only the host levels skills and learns new crafting recipes.
                                          Even with the syncing issues above, we managed to work through and sleep a few days in a row without crashing or having to exit and rejoin. However, only the host would gain levels and be able to craft new things. Even if player 2 did more than the host on a specific day. It didn't seem to matter who hosted, the problem was the same with both new save games.

At the moment, Issue 2 matters much, much more than issue 1 as we're able to work around it with the above "unstable fix, that works sometimes." Thanks again for making such an awesome game multiplayer.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.