1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabriel42

Gabriel42 Space Hobo

Hello there. The game crashed when going to the night screen.

I had 4 players. We had 3/4 sleeping and the 4th one didnt went to bed until very late. I my game minimized too.

When going to sleep the game just crashed.

• dwuff

dwuff Phantasmal Quasar

UPDATE: FIXED. The issue was that I forgot to revert launch options to default. Leaving this post here in case someone has the same problem.

I tried launching the game with mods installed, SMAPI said "game ended" and the game refused to launch. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting files manually, verifying integrity of files, etc - but now it refuses to launch, saying "missing executable." I'm not sure how to remove the game from my PC as if I'd never installed it, which I think would fix the launch issue. Can you please tell me how to get rid of all residual files for a fresh install? Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
        Katzeus likes this.
      • Wuestengecko

Wuestengecko Space Hobo

I joined my friend for a new game via Steam. It was day 2 when I was going to greet Harvey (he was examining Evelyn), and his text was all garbled. I forgot to take a screenshot at the time unfortunately, and I cannot reproduce in singleplayer.

• spacedoggity

spacedoggity Void-Bound Voyager

Some of the wallpaper in my houses from 1.2 aren't displaying correctly. I attached a picture where my wallpapers are showing correctly on the top floor, but on the bottom they're all displaying as yellow boards.

[​IMG]

• Ryona

Ryona Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My 1.2 save file crashes in the 1.3 beta, it happens after loading the save file.
            I can take a few steps and when the money counter reaches about 13k it straight up crashes.

Attached the error log and save file.

Attached Files:

kaycake143 likes this.
            • Aihe

Aihe Intergalactic Tourist

Hey,
              I keep getting an error message ("The server has closed the connection") after playing for like 1-2 mins on a server with 2 friends. I have 0 error logs and same for my friend (who is hosting), and my other friend can play without any message.
              I checked my internet and it's fine, never disconnecting or something.
              Also my game is clean, I just re-downloaded it.

• AlphaWarMeister

AlphaWarMeister Void-Bound Voyager

I tried to use a save file from 1.2, and right as my money fully ticks up, the game just crashes. And It's not letting me upload my game save, saying the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension

(EDIT) Never mind, I attached the save file now, I'm just a dingus

Attached Files:

kaycake143 likes this.
                • maximise20

maximise20 Seal Broken

Dont know if it is a bug or intented, but i can only write one line in chat.

• QQchrono

QQchrono Space Hobo

I have the same problem

Majinique, Aquariae, hwcxx and 9 others like this.
                    • RoseArtemis

RoseArtemis Seal Broken

I posted earlier in the thread but here are my save and crash log. The game crashes a few seconds into the day after I start up on my Y3 Spring2 Farm, no matter what I do.

Attached Files:

Biznit2 likes this.
                      • NoBlackThunder

NoBlackThunder Big Damn Hero

changing to window mode saves .. only resolution is not saving

• wells

wells Master Chief

Same problem here!

Julybeatles and viobeth22 like this.
                          • wells

wells Master Chief

Same problem here

hwcxx, canadont, Julybeatles and 6 others like this.
                            • maximise20

maximise20 Seal Broken

Looks like sometimes wood or so doesnt disappear on one end (playing 2 players, i am host)

Attached Files:

• SomethingGifted

SomethingGifted Void-Bound Voyager

If you're inside a farmhand's chest when they reconnect, you can still freely take any items and essentially duplicate them.

BullEKorV likes this.
                                • paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This door in Pierre's shop is sometimes unable to be used. I the host (white hair) could not pass through but player 2 (brown hair) could.

---------

Crash bug, happens in both vanilla and when using SMAPI: Attempting to exit buildings often results in one player crashing immediately or the game becomming unresponsive. This has happened in Clint's house and Carolines in vanilla.

Attached Files:

• SapphrieSnowfall

SapphrieSnowfall Void-Bound Voyager

Cooperative Play (2 Players) | Crash to Desktop Bug Report (Emily Conversation)

Reason & Situation: My girlfriend and I were just playing the game and soon as we spoke to Emily in the workout group both of our games crashed instantly, both to our desktop as well.

• Moriz

Moriz Space Hobo

Beta 1.3 (Coop): If you left the server and join it right after it again you get some of your energy back

• IronFlare

IronFlare Aquatic Astronaut

To provide a more specific use case for the crash that occurs when talking to the exercising women in Pierre's store on Tuesday:
                                        • I am able to consistently replicate the crash by talking to Emily during the exercise animation (starting 1:00pm on Tuesdays).
                                        • Talking to her before she's exercising (i.e. between 12:00pm and 1:00pm on Tuesdays) does not cause a crash.
                                        • Talking to Emily before she's exercising (works fine) and then while she's exercising still causes the crash.
                                        • Talking to the other women does not cause a crash; it displays their dialog as expected.

• ZeldaFanChris

ZeldaFanChris Aquatic Astronaut

Bug found if a Item is an a trash can and you pick it up and you go into a house and go out again and in the same trash can you can pick up the same item again and again. JUST IN CO-OP if you are not the Host!!!

Last edited: May 1, 2018
                                            annalouho likes this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.