The Penguin Syndicate: UFO Lounge - Game discussion thread

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Apr 30, 2016.

?

Vote for the Chucklefish Forums' representative for Mafia Championships

Poll closed May 2, 2017.
  1. Miss Alkane

60.0%
  2. 611

20.0%
  3. Zebe

20.0%
  4. HunterC1998

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

CJ had mentioned he might also wish to go, so I'd give him a couple days in the event that he wants to try and run as well.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  2. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

MU operates on an annual basis, so unless a community reports itself as dead, they still invite them if they've hosted a game in the past 12 months.
    At least, that was their policy 2 years ago.

Thingyman and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

Yes hello ;) I'll give Jake some good ole competition, why not. I nominate myself as well.

Thingyman, 611 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  4. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Thanks for the sentiment Kam, but this isn't your show, in case you didn't notice who runs this thread.

Jimlad 42 and Zebe like this.
  7. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I'd really like to see who are voting here, so lets not use Strawpoll. After all people who aren't a part of this community shouldn't really have a say, and nobody can tell who are voting there.
    Let's do this with a old-fashioned votecount. Here's one since there wasn't any proper one before:

|| Mafia Championships 2018 Representative Vote ||
    Jake9039 - Alkanthe
    CjBeats -

I don't know who else has voiced their support so just say it out loud.

Alkanthe and Jimlad 42 like this.
  8. Thingyman

Thingyman Void-Bound Voyager

Hi guys

I'm going on a short vacation tomorrow. Will be back Sunday, April 29.

As for the deadline for choosing a representative (or someone volunteering themselves), I am extending this by a couple of days to May 3.

When/if your representative is decided, that person should please either PM me on Mafia Universe or reach me on Discord: Thingyman#6075. During evenings I will quickly check messages and get them the information they need to prepare for the game.

Alkanthe, Zebe and Jimlad 42 like this.
  9. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

You may put mine on CJ. Thanks.

I'm sorry I used a strawpoll, I was in a hurry, and knew the deadline was coming up.

Jimlad 42 and CjBeats like this.
  10. CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

Is voting for myself on the table? That'd be neat.

11. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

In the light of the extension, April 30th would probably be a good last day for voting. It won't cut it too close to the deadline.

I'd guess you're both sort of voting yourself already with the self-nomination. :p

I'm not really sure about you getting a say in this, since you did quite vocally state that you left this community. The sentiment you expressed with the statement about "effectively burning this place down" doesn't reeally convince me of healthy intentions behind this return.

12. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

The sentiment? Please, my friend, or rather ex-friend, since I know you aren't overly fond of me, I feel bad about ending any mafia community. But it is fair, since I have formally left, to exclude my vote. I only ask that you give those others who have as well the same treatment.

13. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Hey, you misremember, whatever you did didn't end any community. Interest in mafia had been going downhill for a long time. But you appreciating the idea of doing something like that exhudes some twisted form of pride.
    And of course I'll remember to give the same treatment to everyone else who has made a similarly decisive exit out of the community.

611 likes this.
  14. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm sorry that you got that conviction.

15. PsychoSoldier

PsychoSoldier Aquatic Astronaut

I'll go ahead and throw a vote onto Jake. CJ would be a strong next contender, but I'd love to see how Jake does in the MU environment. I'd love to play either of them, though (going representing Rajah again this year).

Alkanthe, CjBeats, 611 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Oh sweet! Good luck to you there.

PsychoSoldier and 611 like this.
  17. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Let it be said that Mr. Beats has my vote...
    (CjBeats)

CjBeats, 611 and Zebe like this.
  18. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Alright, let's update this. Just two days of voting left!

|| Mafia Championships 2018 Representative Vote ||
    Jake9039 - Alkanthe, PsychoSoldier
    CjBeats - HunterC1998

611 likes this.
  19. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

20. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

And I believe that is it. Congratulations, Jake, may the odds be ever in your favor.