Modding Discussion Furniture Retexture... What do YOU want?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by tangeriney, Apr 17, 2018.

1. tangeriney

tangeriney Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi!

I'm in the process of (slowly) retexturing the furniture in Stardew Valley to have a bit more of a muted/natural/contemporary look and match better when put together. This is something I haven't seen in existing mods. I love the feel of vanilla SDV, but I need my little house to look a bit more put together and less thrown together!

Anyway, I'd love to eventually release this as a mod for others to use, if anyone is interested. I'm looking for some feedback and ideas. What little tweaks would you make to your farmhouse furniture? Please keep in mind I am NOT an artist and have very limited graphic design experience, so, for now, this is going to be very basic. And, it's still very much a work in progress. Nothing is settled on!

[​IMG]
    wood tones:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wood tones:

[​IMG]

misc. stuffs:

[​IMG]

muted chair colors, more contemporary dining chair & lamp designs,
    more polaroid-style photographs, modern plants, squared windows (pictured below)
    & replaced Joja Cola light with a hand-drawn FRESH neon sign :)

oh, and I've turned the back of the bench into a privacy screen,
    because that's how I was using it anyway.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

edit: I forgot to mention I'm using hojichas' wallpaper and flooring!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

looks nice so far

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Oh I really like this. It'll actually do just nicely as a complete furniture replacement.

tangeriney likes this.
        • tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yoooo, I really like that neon sign! Would be super cool if it lit up. Adding a transparent layer of "light" might give it that effect?
          I'm excited to see how all the furniture will turn out!

• tangeriney

tangeriney Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you! That's the idea, I'm wanting something that suits the vanilla feel, but looks a little more pretty and natural and less mismatched than vanilla furniture does.

Thanks! I'll give that a try... Unfortunately I just realized I don't think I saved the neon sign as an editable image... Oops.

I have another idea that it would be cool to do a custom furniture pack of fun decorations like neon lights and art and stuffs... We'll see what happens :)

• artemis_foxx

artemis_foxx Void-Bound Voyager

Looks good! I especially like the neon sign.