Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asher404

Asher404 Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, so that's the case. That's useful to know. Thank you for the reply !

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[CP] Longhair Cat Replacements - Original can be found here.

The OC of the mod(s) is allowed to take this file and upload it on their official page if they wish. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Attached Files:

gabieppsilva likes this.
      • Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Using the format of above... (And please tell me if anything is wrong! This is my first conversion. I tested it and it seems to work correctly!)

[CP] Ragdoll Cat Replacements - Original can be found here.

The OC of the mod(s) is allowed to take this file and upload it on their official page if they wish. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Attached Files:

• paradigmnomad

[CP] Fruit Trees Reshaped - Original can be found here.

Attached Files:

margotbean, aijvelle, moweep and 4 others like this.
          • .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

Is it possible to get Content Packer to load custom maps? I was looking into converting Siv's Marriage Mod and the custom temp maps for events was where I got stuck.

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

I couldn't personally get it to work when I tried, but I'm still learning.

• paradigmnomad

Yes! You can't edit map files (tbin) but you can 'Action: Load' them. I currently have my: shed, farm (x2), slime hutch interior, greenhouse, and farmhouse all working with ContentPatcher.

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Phew, I've been busy, but heeeere ya go!
                  [CP] Owl Scarecrows - Original can be found here.
                  [CP] Eemie's Lampposts - Clean - Original can be found here.

Attached Files:

• tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Subatomic Cosmonaut

@.Lavender. afaik, temporary maps for events can't be loaded by CP yet. You'll have to put the map files in the game folder manually for now.

• Mr.P

Mr.P Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi, so I'm currently trying to update/make a content pack from a dialogue mod. From what I understand, I want to overwrite the default dialogue with the edited lines from the mod using the EditData Entries command.
                      Could I just list the line number of the entry or do I have to copy paste the entire line of dialogue from the mod?
                      Actually now that I've read it more closely it does not even reference a mod file. I would have to copy the modded dialogue into the content.json file for it to be forwards compatible with any incoming stardew valley updates.

So what I am asking now is. Is there a way to reference specific lines from the modded dialogue file to override specific lines of the default dialogue, like using the FromFile command in the Action:Load patch type.
                      Like so:

{
                      "Action": "EditData",
                      "Target": "Characters/Dialogue/Alex",
                      "FromFile": "Assets/Dialogue/Alex.xnb",
                      "Entries": {
                      "Lines": "1,3,7,15" //or etc
                      }
                      }​
                      There's probably a better way to list off the line numbers, but I feel that this type of functionality would be more useful than the current implementation of EditData because it'd be easier to for mod creators to write the dialogue to the dedicated xnb file rather than the content.json file. After they finish writing that dialogue, they can use the above command to reference the lines they've edited.

For now I will just use Action:Load because it is just way faster rather than having to copy paste a lot of dialogue from multiple characters into the content.json file.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@.Lavender. Temporary event maps will work in Stardew Valley 1.3 though, since they made some changes to give SMAPI more access.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Mr.P That's not supported. You need to specify the entries directly:
                          Code:
                          {
                             "Action": "EditData",
                             "Target": "Characters/Dialogue/Alex",
                             "Entries": {
                                 "Thu": "The air's starting to warm up... I'm feeling pumped.",
                                 "Sat10": "I've been having a hard time staying focused lately.$l"
                                 "Sun4": "Hey, @.#$e#How's your day going?"
                             }
                          }

I think specifying line numbers with a FromFile would be less intuitive, more error-prone, and harder to update (since you'd need to cross-reference which lines are actually used). I'm open to discussion if other modders feel it'd be useful too, though.

crans4me likes this.
                          • minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Fran93 likes this.
                          • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I am SO incredibly behind on SDV things, but looks good, my dudes!

Future note: no need to ask me permission in the future to convert my mods if you want to, you're all very free to do so, I don't mind. :)

Nunah and f4iTh like this.
                            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @eemie! It'd be great if you could update your mods on Nexus to use Content Patcher officially. We can convert your mods for you to upload if you're busy. Stardew Valley 1.3 is coming very soon, which will break XNB mods. :)

• eemie

Nooooo... 1.3 is a curse and a blessing. I'll upload them on nexus as people convert them one by one.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@eemie Awesome! Here's an update for English Lamp Posts. I extended @Kuriiyo's conversion to include both versions, and changed the manifest so it's ready to upload directly to Nexus if it looks fine.

The content pack includes both versions. The only difference between the clean and dirty downloads is the config.json file, but that's just for player convenience. You could release it as one download with instructions to edit config.json if you want.

On the Nexus page, I suggest:
                                  • Set the version to 1.1 (or change the version in manifest.json). SMAPI will use that to show update alerts when you release a new version.
                                  • Add these install instructions.
                                  • Add Content Patcher to the mod's "Requirements" list.

Attached Files:

• eemie

Thanks pathos I'll do as you say, thanks for making it so easy for me! I'll end my hiatus soon and come back to the discord soon btw.

Pathoschild likes this.
                                    • Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Oh thanks, Pathos! I'd actually forgotten to do the dirty version due to irl stuff, so apologies. xD I have a lot of Eemie's stuff so I'm probably gonna convert most of the other stuff.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Eemie, I'm just waiting to hear back from strawberrymilk95 about including her grass recolor in the pack, then the Map Recolour will be ready as well.

eemie likes this.
                                        Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.